carebear game...

carebear game...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

What has happened to this game? Why on earth does everyone in pvp and wvw require 15 minutes of kitten ing around to even die or kill and vice versa..

I can’t believe how much it has changed since release, I remember when you would make a single mistake and people would instantly capitalize on that and its over you have lost / died…. Now you can continually make mistake after mistake and still take for ever to die or just get pushed off a circle and reset….

Is this is how they make the game beginner friendly? anyone can pick up a meta build have immense amounts of sustain while kitten ing around and still being able to survive… I personally find this boring as hell and the entire game has turned into such an INCREDIBLY slow paced game…

I am assuming this is the way the community wanted the game to turn, I really want to know other peoples opinions on the current ‘meta’.. Are people happy with this?

(edited by LittleAussieMozzie.7425)

carebear game...

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Umm no idea what your’e talking about, meta before last patch was WAY more tankyer. To me everything dies way too fast right now which I personally find boring. Run in everyone dies in 2 seconds, rez repeat.. not my idea of fun.

carebear game...

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Dunno. My idea of PvPing is getting my dailies done in about 2 minutes flat. Beyond that, nothing really other than the occasional Stronghold.

If that’s carebear, then paint my abs with a freakin rainbow.

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

Oh and of course builds have changed since launch…hello HoT added a whole new set of skills. But as for runes and amulets we had tankyer ones (in pvp) with wayyyyyyyy more sustain before they got rid of them in last patch.

carebear game...

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

Umm no idea what your’e talking about, meta before last patch was WAY more tankyer. To me everything dies way too fast right now which I personally find boring. Run in everyone dies in 2 seconds, rez repeat.. not my idea of fun.

Exactly what I was asking… So you still enjoy this slow paced PVP by sounds of it.

irrelevant the old way it used to be.. Just cause it wasn’t as tank as before.. doesn’t mean its not slow paced at the moment.

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

Exactly what I was asking… So you still enjoy this slow paced PVP by sounds of it.

irrelevant the old way it used to be.. Just cause it wasn’t as tank as before.. doesn’t mean its not slow paced at the moment.

Um not quite sure what your’e asking but no I do not enjoy ranked pvp right now that’s why I stopped playing it, but it’s for completely different reasons than why you don’t enjoy it. I don’t feel like its too slow I’d rather have more sustain than we have right now. But if you wanna know in full details why a lot of people hate ranked pvp right now go check the pvp section of the forum (unranked is ok if you feel like you simply must do some pvp or wanna get the daily pvp wins done sometime within this century)

carebear game...

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It was even tankier before is their point, so what you are now calling slow paced, is actually faster than it’s been since maybe launch when base specs were over-tuned.

carebear game...

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

ur carebear definition is rather…….carebear
i expected something….more

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

carebear game...

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

It was even tankier before is their point, so what you are now calling slow paced, is actually faster than it’s been since maybe launch when base specs were over-tuned.

Lol, even if it was tankier before say before it took 20 minutes to kill someone 1 v 1, now it takes 15 minutes thats still kitten and slow paced.. This is the point I am trying to make…. More sustain is too forgiving, but I guess thats the only way to cater to very new players.

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

Lol, even if it was tankier before say before it took 20 minutes to kill someone 1 v 1, now it takes 15 minutes thats still kitten and slow paced.. This is the point I am trying to make…. More sustain is too forgiving, but I guess thats the only way to cater to very new players.

I don’t think a new player would know how to run a sustain build properly it takes some practice.

carebear game...

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Carebear?

What shows true skill?

When the game is about who strikes who first and maby pushing the right button combination first.

Or

When the game is about knowing your placement, when to interrupt, dodge, block and evade, to know when to disengage and when to cleave or stun.

I personally like the “slow paced” game that we have now, though I would like more viable builds though and some healing classes are a little too good.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

carebear game...

TexZero.7910

I don’t think you get it. They’ve pretty much outside of 1 or 2 amulets gutted passive defensive stats. This means, if you as a player are unable to kill someone in a 1v1, look at yourself not the game.

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

I don’t think you get it. They’ve pretty much outside of 1 or 2 amulets gutted passive defensive stats. This means, if you as a player are unable to kill someone in a 1v1, look at yourself not the game.

^ what he said, I don’t see anything surviving too long anymore quite the opposite.

carebear game...

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

A thief alone can perma stealth, and easily run from any class, a scrapper is virtually unkillable if played correctly, the only time he would die is if he stays too long? I dont quite understand your point..

You can go bunker as kitten and last for ever.. I am not saying they are unkillable what I am saying its currently less skill based and incredibly slow paced…. I personally don’t want a duel or a fight to last for ever with some noob just running around and doing nothing.. for example a bunker guardian on a point… a staff ele, even a good d/d ele, a bunker chronomancer, a bunker warrior and a bunker guardian are all quite competent at sitting on a point being pathetic players and still difficult to kill yet this is considered “viable” lol its so dumb the meta

carebear game...

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

Carebear?

What shows true skill?

When the game is about who strikes who first and maby pushing the right button combination first.

Or

When the game is about knowing your placement, when to interrupt, dodge, block and evade, to know when to disengage and when to cleave or stun.

I personally like the “slow paced” game that we have now, though I would like more viable builds though and some healing classes are a little too good.

You have everything you stated in the slow paced in the fast paced game mode as well.. just the stakes are much higher and far less forgiving.. The only difference being is if you consistently make mistakes its okay, because you have lots of sustain… Where as in the fast paced mode your dead

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

Um if you wanna see things die super fast try solo pvp I think you’ll be verrrry happy there. Ranked try ranked solo. If you haven’t been playing any there you’ll probably have high mmr therefore getting put on a really good team and against a really noob team that you can kill in less than a second

(edited by Ellie.5913)

carebear game...

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Thought the same, Dubstax.

Gone to Reddit.

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

Hard to make a team when no people are around…..

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

And we don’t have a bunker meta at all you shoulda been here last season then you would of seen a REAL bunker meta.

carebear game...

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

And we don’t have a bunker meta at all you shoulda been here last season then you would of seen a REAL bunker meta.

Wow… Just wow, are you in complete denial? are you playing this game at all? go read the pvp forums… I am not only the person voicing their opinion about builds being too bunker and requiring 2 people to effectively kill them..

Do about 10 minutes research or just go play ranked pvp yourself (It seems you haven’t).

And once again… Stop mentioning the last season, YES it was a lot more slow paced and way more bunkers doesn’t change the fact this season is as well…

carebear game...

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

“And ofc not THAT many people on the game was pro enough so things just died and a lot of places became ghost towns.”

So all these people who weren’t pro enough just did what exactly? didn’t make their own groups just quit?

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

Wow… Just wow, are you in complete denial? are you playing this game at all? go read the pvp forums… I am not only the person voicing their opinion about builds being too bunker and requiring 2 people to effectively kill them..

Do about 10 minutes research or just go play ranked pvp yourself (It seems you haven’t).

And once again… Stop mentioning the last season, YES it was a lot more slow paced and way more bunkers doesn’t change the fact this season is as well…

Yes I have played ranked for 3 years straight without stopping, I only just NOW stopped to take a break for a while but the last ranked match I played at the beginning of this season & before the season started which had the same meta builds as right now had no people that survived for very long, actually my teammates always died in like 2 seconds repeatedly…unlike LAST season. And of course people are gonna complain that is the nature of humans especially children, people like YOU who think they need to 1 shot everyone and get 1 shotted. That doesn’t mean that the game should actually be that way. I prefer the gw1 playstyle where you have monks and paragons keeping everything alive…there’s no healing/protection anywhere near like that in this game. So yea people can complain all they want I really don’t care, but the meta is not very bunkery atm.

carebear game...

Ellie.5913

“And ofc not THAT many people on the game was pro enough so things just died and a lot of places became ghost towns.”

So all these people who weren’t pro enough just did what exactly? didn’t make their own groups just quit?

Yea they all quit , they got tired of waiting around trying to make a team when the only people there making teams were elitests looking for only pro’s.

carebear game...

TexZero.7910

Breaking news, stop the presses. PvP being a team based game which may require you to have some element of cohesive teamwork to burst out something that has active damage mitigation…..

More news at 11.

carebear game...

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

What has happened to this game? Why on earth does everyone in pvp and wvw require 15 minutes of kitten ing around to even die or kill and vice versa..

I can’t believe how much it has changed since release, I remember when you would make a single mistake and people would instantly capitalize on that and its over you have lost / died…. Now you can continually make mistake after mistake and still take for ever to die or just get pushed off a circle and reset….

Is this is how they make the game beginner friendly? anyone can pick up a meta build have immense amounts of sustain while kitten ing around and still being able to survive… I personally find this boring as hell and the entire game has turned into such an INCREDIBLY slow paced game…

I am assuming this is the way the community wanted the game to turn, I really want to know other peoples opinions on the current ‘meta’.. Are people happy with this?

yup, because pvp games were you insta-burst people is weak pvp that requires the leadt amount of skill. The term carebear is often used in Eve, and it often referes to players who pve and dont understand their build and so get burst down for giggles.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

carebear game...

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Lol, even if it was tankier before say before it took 20 minutes to kill someone 1 v 1, now it takes 15 minutes thats still kitten and slow paced..

If it takes you 15 minutes to kill anything, i strongly suggest to upgrade your build.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

carebear game...

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I’m fine with it, if someone wants to play a bunker build, let them.

It’s PvP, that means it’s on YOU to adapt to your opponent to find ways to overcome.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

carebear game...

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

I’m fine with it, if someone wants to play a bunker build, let them.

It’s PvP, that means it’s on YOU to adapt to your opponent to find ways to overcome.

^ this