changing weapons with same stacking sigil ?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Swapping/switching weapons that have the same on-kill-stacking sigil.
Will build up stacks be lost or not ?!

And, for not Ele and Engi;
Will swapping to your other equipped weapon set (that has a different sigil) remove build up stacks ?!
I would say it should becos otherwise Elementalists and Engineers r at a disadvantage.

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

No, build up will not be lost, also if you have different build up sigils on different weapons, it will continue to count kills towards already active build up.

For example, I have a 1h sword with precision build up, and an axe with power build up. Killed something with axe (+10 power), then swapped, killed a thing with sword and get another +10 to power.

Unless it was a bug

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well this is what they said:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/runes-sigils-and-balance-updates/
“On-Kill sigils (those sigils which trigger when you kill something) have received an update as well. The functionality of each sigil has changed so that killing a player is worth five stacks of a sigil in any game mode, while killing a monster only grants one stack. This type of sigil will have more strict rules applied on them, so that a player will no longer be able to gain 25 stacks and then un-equip the sigil.”

Which is a little vague but I assume it means if you are using, for example, greatsword:axe/axe, where the greatsword had bloodlust and then switch to Longbow:axe/axe where the Longbow doesn’t have bloodlust, if you do that you will lose your bloodlust stack.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This has me confused as well. I often switch around weapons while fighting, from what I have understood I will never be able to get stacks of anything now since it will be reset each time I switch weapons.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I assume it means in order to have the stacks, you need to wield the weapon. We will have to wait and see if this applies to alternative weapons sets as well but I assume so.

Stacking Sigils will probably still be the best DPS Sigils, but with the caveat for needing stacks. Still I imagine these Sigils will remain as popular as ever, maybe even more so than before.

zwierz.9012

Heh, I guess I’ll have to stop using build up sigils then, kind of sucks, but then again, I’ll have a free sigil slot!

Dee Jay.2460

Heh, I guess I’ll have to stop using build up sigils then, kind of sucks, but then again, I’ll have a free sigil slot!

Why? They will become easier to stack in WvW and will still offer the best DPS increase. 250 Power is roughly 10% more DPS for Power builds and I imagine the same applies to Condition damage and other Sigils. 250 Precision are 12% Crit-chance, much more than anything comparable.

It just means you will want to equip that sigil at all times instead of having a dedicated stacking weapon.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Why? They will become easier to stack in WvW and will still offer the best DPS increase. 250 Power is roughly 10% more DPS for Power builds and I imagine the same applies to Condition damage and other Sigils. 250 Precision are 12% Crit-chance, much more than anything comparable.

It just means you will want to equip that sigil at all times instead of having a dedicated stacking weapon.

Where are you getting these numbers? 250 Precision is not 12%, it is at least 16% extra critical chance.

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

Where are you getting these numbers? 250 Precision is not 12%, it is at least 16% extra critical chance.

250 / 21 = 11.9047619

21 being the amount of precision needed to increase crit chance by 1% at level 80.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Here we go again …
You won’t lose the stack on weapon swap, you’ll lose when you un-equip the weapon.

What people do nowadays is have a weapon in the inventory with a kill stack sigil, use it until he has full stack, then equip another weapon with different sigil.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Here we go again …
You won’t lose the stack on weapon swap, you’ll lose when you un-equip the weapon.

This still leaves engineers and elementalists at disadvantage when we compare it to e.g. warriors who will be able to have 4 sigils equipped at once.

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Here we go again …

Um… the quote says specifically that you’ll lose the stack when you un-equip the sigil… it doesn’t say, “un-equip the weapon”. Now this is where the vagueness comes in. Does “un-equip a sigil” refer to just swapping the weapon or does it mean un-equiping the entire weapon, i.e… removing it from the box ?

zwierz.9012

Here we go again …

What people do nowadays is have a weapon in the inventory with a kill stack sigil, use it until he has full stack, then equip another weapon with different sigil.

Oh, I understood that weapon swap will cause me to loose stacks. Got confused a little I guess. No problem then!

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

This still leaves engineers and elementalists at disadvantage when we compare it to e.g. warriors who will be able to have 4 sigils equipped at once.

But eles and engineers have advantage on weapon swap sigil, so it kinda balance out.

Um… the quote says specifically that you’ll lose the stack when you un-equip the sigil… it doesn’t say, “un-equip the weapon”. Now this is where the vagueness comes in. Does “un-equip a sigil” refer to just swapping the weapon or does it mean un-equiping the entire weapon, i.e… removing it from the box ?

Again, you are not un-equipping the sigil, you are swaping the sigil, you still have it, just in another slot.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Dee Jay.2460

I guess we’ll have to wait and see. The text could be interpreted either way.

But currently swapping weapons completely changes your weapon (including stats) so it makes sense to assume the sigil-stacks will go as well.

Anyway, it’s just a few more days.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Here we go again …

Except that 2-handed weapons are getting a second sigil slot…so it will be better than what we have currently.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie