character customization

character customization

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

yes a lot of posts say a lot about character customization already. My only thoughts on this are a age factor. yes you can go adult and older but I just was thinking maybe a younger option. Just for those who like to play younger characters

thanks for your time.

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

character customization

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Human character face already look like teen age. Female the most. I do not think need to look more young.

;)

character customization

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

This is unethical.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

character customization

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

Older… yes, we need it. Younger… no. Just no.

(edited by KestrelGirl.9267)

character customization

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

As Quigi already points out, characters, mostly Humans and Asura, can already look quite young with certain customisation options. It is unethical to have characters that are younger that teenagers in a game where people die, for much the same reasons Taimi has been kept out of combat throughout the Living Story.

character customization

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want more younger Male Norn faces. 95% of them are old and ruff looking faces. SO I have few options for making it look unique with young and smooth faces.

character customization

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As I said in the other topic about this the problem is that ratings boards all around the world are very touchy about children dying in games and especially children being killed by other players, and you can’t have an invincible player character.

They possibly could do it but at the very least it would push the games age rating up to 16+ or 18+ and exclude a significant portion of the target audience, including current players. In some places it might actually get the game banned completely.

(And for those of you thinking ‘who cares if some backwards country I’ve never heard of bans this game?’ I’m pretty sure the USA would be on that list.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

character customization

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

Yea I hear all this about young characters getting killed is unethical and all this but that never stops other games from doing it. kitten I’ve got toons on blade and soul that look young and I never see these getting complained about? Soooo?

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

character customization

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

The game would lose it’s T rating and go upto M. Yes other games do it but then it would become a bit more sensitive to consumers hence the rating would change and lock out younger audiences. Not that it would stop younger people getting a hold of the game anyway.

Still unethical.

Kitten.

character customization

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yea I hear all this about young characters getting killed is unethical and all this but that never stops other games from doing it. kitten I’ve got toons on blade and soul that look young and I never see these getting complained about? Soooo?

Blade and Soul has a Mature rating, as opposed to GW2’s Teen rating, which they’ve been quite specific in the past about wanting to retain (using Taimi as an example). Just because other games do it doesn’t mean it’s ok. Also a LOT of people complain about the Lyn in BnS, just like they complain about the Elin in Tera… And rightly so.
If you can understand what people are saying about it being unethical, then how does that make ‘other games do it’ a legitimate reason for GW2 to do so?