commanders gear too expensive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

pretty lol, I crafted everything I needed until I got to the assembly phase… the recipes are all ~30g. that’s pretty ridiculous, I mean, why introduce new stats if the majority cant even use them.

oh well, I guess ill just wait and hope they go down somehow… such sad….

edit
changed the OP as it was exaggerated. also I’m not even talking about ascended lol, the exotic recipes are ~30g and above. its a bit much for exotic wouldn’t you agree? would really appreciate exotic commanders recipes to drop from more places / drop rate increased.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If they go for 30G, and players are able to earn gold, are they really unobtainable?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

you could try playing the game and getting the recipe books yourself….

or you could always craft a random ascended set, buy the gossamer insignia recipe for 32s and 50 crystalline ore and change the stats to commanders in the forge. (1 Anthology of Heroes, 1 Commander’s Intricate Gossamer Insignia, 5 Glob of Ectoplasm, Ascended armor piece)

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

How long does it take to acquire 30 Gold, just from logging in? Two weeks and a day?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The reward armor in WvW, if you play it, is stat selectable. Though it does require 500 crafting.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you use PvP or Fractal crafting, the cost is the same for commanders as any other stat.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

30g each is expensive, but it’s not impossible (and I say this as someone who rarely has more than 30g at one time).

On top of the ideas already posted try selling crafting materials you don’t need. I recently got 40g just from selling any cooking ingredients and gem stones I had more than 50 of (as in I left 50 of each in the bank). None of them went for a lot individually so it was a big surprise when I logged in and saw the gold waiting in the TP window, but I did have quite a few of them. And it’s not like I’m likely to use up the ones I have left over, so it’s basically free gold for me.

If you’ve got laurels you’re not using buy bags of T6 materials and sell those on the TP.

Alternatively pick a map with a meta event you like doing, like Silverwastes or Dragon’s Stand and do that, then sell/salvage & sell all the items you get. You can make quite a bit of gold that way.

Obviously selling materials isn’t something you can just keep doing over and over until you’ve got enough gold, but it will at least give you a headstart and then you can save or farm the rest.

It will take a while to get the full 180g, but it wouldn’t be impossible.

Also if my math is correct if you put in buy orders instead of immediately buying from the lowest seller it would currently cost you 102g for heavy recipes, 73g for medium and 105g for light. The only pieces which currently cost 30g+ are heavy trousers at 48g, and light gloves at 30g. So if you’re making a heavy or light set you could save a lot of gold by converting a different ascended set for just those pieces.

Alternatively unless you’ve already made the insignias you’re probably better off making a different ascended set and converting it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Stand The Wall.6987

alright I changed the OP. I think there is something fishy going on with the drop rate. 30g seems like a lot to pay for an exotic recipe.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well commander’s recipe’s might be expensive… but wait until you make your minstrel aor trailblazer armors

(yes, a very good reason to raid I agree)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Zealopt recipe’s have been 150-250 gold/ piece for exotics…

They were added to the pact vendors

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

pretty lol, I crafted everything I needed until I got to the assembly phase… the recipes are all ~30g. that’s pretty ridiculous, I mean, why introduce new stats if the majority cant even use them.

oh well, I guess ill just wait and hope they go down somehow… such sad….

edit
changed the OP as it was exaggerated. also I’m not even talking about ascended lol, the exotic recipes are ~30g and above. its a bit much for exotic wouldn’t you agree? would really appreciate exotic commanders recipes to drop from more places / drop rate increased.

You REALLY think 30 gold is ridiculous? Did the game economy crash today or something? Or if it did just do 15 days of dailies.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

How long does it take to acquire 30 Gold, just from logging in? Two weeks and a day?

More like 30 minutes if you go all out on farming. Its not as easy as back in the days of 600ish gold per day (around 6 hours playtime in SW farm), because those mats are not worth as much anymore while at same time SW farming getting nerfed. But you can still do pretty well, often get a few hundred gold per farm session depending on your luck and RNG.

Though you can’t really do it in 30 minute segments, you have to dedicate several hours per session to get all the set-up and roll all map bonusses etc.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Hi this is GW2 where players can earn a kittenload of gold each day. Wait… are u complaining about expensive gear?

If u wish to u can get up to 100g per day (mb less to keep it realistic). The only expensive thing in this game is legendary gear and nothing else. Period.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

More like 30 minutes if you go all out on farming. Its not as easy as back in the days of 600ish gold per day (around 6 hours playtime in SW farm), because those mats are not worth as much anymore while at same time SW farming getting nerfed. But you can still do pretty well, often get a few hundred gold per farm session depending on your luck and RNG.

Though you can’t really do it in 30 minute segments, you have to dedicate several hours per session to get all the set-up and roll all map bonusses etc.

I really should have typed: "Logging in, finishing the easiest (to you) 3 Dailies….’

Thanks for the update. =)

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

Thats why you should never craft exotic HoT’s stats cause you might regret your choice and with Ascended, it costs way more expensive but at least you can change the stats.

Stand The Wall.6987

seemed to me that the drop rate was too low, but I guess not since there are other stats in the same boat. its weird that everyone points to farming as if its a normal thing. also about dailies the total cost would be around 180g not 30. oh well I guess ill just commit some virtual slavery for teh lewts.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Wait. You’re crafting ascended gear?

I’ve gotten a full zerk, magi, celestial, and vipers without crafting anything. Chests are way to common drop in fractals and wvw daily chests to be spending monies on crafting.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

4000+ hours and not a single ascended armor drop, the whole “lawl it rains ascended for me” thing doesn’t actually help anyone, as it doesn’t work that way for all of us.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

4000+ hours doing what? I’ve gotten most of my drops from PvP reward track chests and maybe a couple from guild missions. But yeah, “it’s raining ascended” is a bit of an exaggeration when it comes to drops.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I got a few ascended drops from Tequatl (including the hoard) and Triple Trouble, and several pieces from T4 fractals, but you cannot get a full set in a reasonable amount of time. If you want it fast, you craft. Also, the first set cannot be obtained from T4 fractals anway, don’t know about WvW or PvP.

After the first set, it becomes much easier, you simply play and get the chests, then change stats and use them on an alt. However, even now I have four armor chests, a weapon chest and that Tequatl staff in my bank, I will probably craft gloves and helmet for my Elementalist because I don’t wait for the next drops (which could be shoulders or legs, who knows).

I haven’t kept track but although ascended armor is not raining down on people, I can imagine that people who do T4 dailies for a year+ already started salvaging ascended armor to make room in their bank/inventories.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia