cooperative guild missions possible?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

So Our guild recently had a small branch open on a separate server. They are starting with next to nothing and we are curious how guild missions work when dealing with separate guilds. I know that some guilds work together to get them done but I am not positive how this works.

Do both guilds work together to complete one mission? do they have to be under the same tag? do they do 2 separate missions and go to both of them?

If anyone has any information i would appreciate it. We would prefer for us all not to have to be under the same tag if there is any way possible to do that.

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There are two ways to do this. One is to trade missions. Meaning one triggers it and both guilds attend, then the other guild triggers theirs, and both guilds attend. People will get rewards only for the ones that they’re attending for their guild. Because you can only get 1 personal reward per type of mission per week.

So if you get guild commendations for a bounty, and do another bounty you don’t get another guild commendation.

The other way guilds help each other is if they happen upon each other while doing the same mission.

Sometimes when we’re doing a rush, and you have to get 15 people through, the other guild gets some and we get some and both guilds get credit for the win.