core race of PoF

core race of PoF

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thenme.6491

Thenme.6491

in HoT sylvari were the main race and they got a lot of extra attention while playing the expansion. are we going to see humans in the center now and I should switch to a human or can I stay sylvari and I won’t miss anything?

core race of PoF

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s been no mention of any special content for Humans, but we haven’t heard everything from the Devs, yet.

I don’t think you have to change characters. You can always run through the story again with a Human later, if you so desire.

There is, of course, the Human-only new faces and hairstyles, should you wish to create an Elonan.

Good luck.

core race of PoF

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Honestly, the Human race has always been the “core” race. It’s the one all outfits / armor / designs are made for, then get adapted to the other races.

Which is why they usually work 100% ok on Norn, nearly 100% ok on Sylvari, and if you’re Asura or Charr you keep asking for a gem store race change item.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

core race of PoF

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

If I recall correctly they mentioned there would be no differences in dialogue for the different races. I think they said so during the announcement, or WT said it during the after-show.
So yes, you can expect your Sylvari to stand out with no Sylvari NPCs around, but the Human NPCs won’t act surprised to see a Sylvari for the first time.

core race of PoF

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

That is a bit of a shame though, I always loved it when you had race-specific dialogue. I mean think of how different one of the last HoT missions was between Sylvari / non-Sylvari.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

core race of PoF

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

It would be pretty strange for Elonians to not be surprised by Sylvari, Charr or Asura. Norn can be mistaken for huge humans. But I’d still expect some comments like “Those people from the north are huge. I wonder if it’s because of the food.”

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

core race of PoF

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

If I recall correctly they mentioned there would be no differences in dialogue for the different races. I think they said so during the announcement, or WT said it during the after-show.

That’s a huge letdown. A few exceptions aside, most of what came after the initial culture-focused chapter of the personal story is an excercise of “why even bother having multiple playable races”. It really disconnects player characters from their roots and is one sign that the writers don’t seem to care much about them. The NPCs don’t get stripped of all “cultural markers” (just look at Kasmeer’s latest breakdown over a very human-specific issue as one example of many), so why do we? Even a few lines here and there would go a long way, nevermind something like a charr PC finally hearing from their warband again.

core race of PoF

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

in term of HoT’s villians, it’s sylvari. so PoF should be humans since the 6 gods are what humans worship, the rest of the race don’t really care do they?