(corr.) Gem Store is chaotic and innavigable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Please explain, what the -bleep- happened in the minds of the people who thought this was an improvement.

Can I get my old and obsolete tradingpost gemstore thing back? PLEASE?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

The Trading post didn’t change, only the Gem Store. And its really looking awesome now.

It’s always like that when something change it, give it a bit of time and stop complaining.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: user does exist.6483

user does exist.6483

I am not seeing the benefit of this chance but maybe with time it will be useful. Just remember it will not be reverted but may be modified so if you want something get specific in your requests.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Hehe. Those new icons in the gem shop are way, way too….. BIG!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On the whole, I find it easier to navigate rather than chaotic or un-navigable. I wonder why the OP finds it worse.

I’d recommend that you give the new UI a few days or even a week or two. Then come back and offer some specifics. My first impression was that it was awkward. Then I realized I have the same tabs as before and a cool preview-via-mouse-over.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

On the whole, I find it easier to navigate rather than chaotic or un-navigable. I wonder why the OP finds it worse.

I’d recommend that you give the new UI a few days or even a week or two. Then come back and offer some specifics. My first impression was that it was awkward. Then I realized I have the same tabs as before and a cool preview-via-mouse-over.

I posted this in Gaile’s thread… :

1. I find the navigation non intuitive, and chaotic.
  2. The fact I can swap selected objects feeling like purchases just by hovering annoys me really bad.
  3. The former point combined by the other changes give me an insecure and jumpy feeling. I want to feel sure and certain when I’m about ready to purchase.
  4. The main advertising screen looks clamped and the fact I see (only) a part of the 2 adjacent screens irritates me , the fact it’s swapping on auto gives a very forced commercial like feeling, especially the speed of swaps is the main source of this nagative feeling and experience. I prefer to styay away from commercials in TV and I skip all that crap in youtube and other sites.
  5. I like the preview window. (= only positive)

All in all the feeling of this new version of the gemstore is a feeling of:

• WHY did this need to happen?
  • HOW did they make these chaotic design choices?
  • WHAT has been the though processes leading to the decision to change a fully functional part of the game to a non intuitive mess?

I do not see any advantages above the old version.
3 things which are really clear:

• a BIGGER BUY GEMS button
  • smaller prices in actual size, not value
  • smaller icons

I conclude:

• I do find the preview window more intuitive and clear.
  • I do not think the navigation butons add additional value.
  • I do not think I feel more relaxed, more in control or more supported by the new interface.
  • I do not think this was a needed update and I do not find the time and effort spend on it worth the money and man hours.
  • I really hate the new "home"page most of all. All stuff I could see in a blink of an eye has vanished. And I get a bad commercial. It feels like the animated GIF’s on bad sites. I only miss: YOU WON AN OUTFIT!!!!, click the link here and fill in your blah blah…..

And yes:

• I would have liked some ETA on E6 instead.

That should sum up my main reasons.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Please share your constructive feedback in this thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet