cost of fine infusions

cost of fine infusions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

So I got an Amulet and decided to see infusions. fine infusion costs are unreal. why is 5+ agony resist and 5+ of 1 stat so expensive?

recipe for a fine precise infusion:

250 vicious claws (15s each)
100 passion flowers (58s each)
10 philosopher’s stones
50 mystic coins

what. the. hell.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I do think its ridiculous.
The only way to get higher up in FoTM is to get Agony Resistance and the only way to do that is to get fine infusions.

It’s ridiculous, they seem to expect that their entire player base is full of people with 100+ gold. Nevermind that a lot of us only have around 10g.

If you want people to play the game don’t put gigantic walls in front of their faces. Mystic Forging for gear/infusions is probably the only major complaint I have about the entire game…

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Because grind is fun.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

The only way to get higher up in FoTM is to get Agony Resistance and the only way to do that is to get fine infusions.

How long does it take you to get 75 fractal relics? because that’s all you need for AR. Not the current bullkitten that a fine infusion entails.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I think the major poblem is that recipes aren’t changed to be in line with current market trends. I have a gut feeling that many recipes are much, much more expensive than ANet originally intended.

The best example are Legendary materials and Precursors. The price rises but our ability to obtain coin stays roughly the same (except if you grind large amounts materials of similarily inflated price). The T6 mats and Passion Flowers prices are too unreasonable.

If I were ANet, in every month’s patch I would tweak the requirements of these recipes to be in line with what the expected cost should be.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

and people have a hard time getting commander/t3 armor. here now you can pay that price for a whole 5 agony and 5 (!!!!!) stat points.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

So I got an Amulet and decided to see infusions. fine infusion costs are unreal. why is 5+ agony resist and 5+ of 1 stat so expensive?

recipe for a fine precise infusion:

250 vicious claws (15s each)
100 passion flowers (58s each)
10 philosopher’s stones
50 mystic coins

what. the. hell.

Do what i do, ignore Fotm, ignore AR, and just use your laurels ring / ammy etc uninfused.

As it is now 40gold for a +5 AR haha yeah right…

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: travosaga.6089

travosaga.6089

I find that the fine infusions are a monumental joke. Stick to the versatile 5 ar infusion for 75 relics from the golem. I don’t think 5 points in anything will make any kind of difference, especially at that insane price.

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

It’s ridiculous, they seem to expect that their entire player base is full of people with 100+ gold. Nevermind that a lot of us only have around 10g.

If you want people to play the game don’t put gigantic walls in front of their faces. Mystic Forging for gear/infusions is probably the only major complaint I have about the entire game…

You don’t need to even buy the expensive stated AR infusions. You can just get the easily attainable +5 infusion at a cost of very easy to farm relics. The cost of efficiency does not lie with the infusion. No, that lies with the items you need t upgrade to get them their passive AR.

I understand the need to blame, but please, point fingers to what deserves it.

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

As above has mentioned, there is the cheap +5 AR resist infusion.
+5 stat is a luxury. You pay for luxuries not whine about it.

If the status quo annoys you, start by supporting communism.

edit:

Never mind he’s the same guy complaining about commanders in wvw and not liking being told what to do.

(edited by Uncle Salty.6342)

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Currently +5 stat / +5 AR infusions are for die-hard min/maxers. No way I’m ever gonna spend a full stack of fine crafting mats (plus the rest!) to get… 5 silly stat points extra per item. There will probably more (and hopefully: more reasonably priced) ways to get infusions later, until then I stick to using 5AR infusions for 75 relics.

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

+5 AR is free with a handful of tokens. The +5 power, which can be safely neglected, is the progression stat. By making the stat both small and extremely expensive, it is nothing more than an kitten item. Furthermore, more than 5AR is never needed by most people.

For 99% of people this recipe can be safely ignored.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

It wouldn’t be so bad if DR was gotten rid of….

Farming is fine. Farming with artificial reduction of drops is what is making things cost so much.

Except passion flowers. That’s just wrong on so many levels.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

cost of fine infusions

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

And I was playing to lvl 20+ without AR at all, staying out of agony’s reach (of course not in maw fractal :P ) thinking “How the kitten can I afford any AR at all? Lvl 20 must be enough for me…” Seeing how ppl survive or didn’t mind agony at all I started wondering if everyone did their part of insane grind or gold acquisition to afford this horrendous price (many times). kitten I must read more carefully (only 75 relics :PP)