crafting > Improvments please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

Ok so its nice we can all make a new lvl 80, its nice we have new content.

BUT, we all need to craft the new items, and this may require multi crafting disciplines…
Which means we have to grind, now everyone, absolutely everyone googles “huntsman crafting guide” then either farms all the mats, or more likely farms gold and buys mats off a guide and follows a guide to hit lvl 400 for requirement to craft fun/ decent things. This boring pointless nonsense takes hours.

So to recap, instead of me doing daily’s and the other 100s of fun things, im forced to spend hours, wasting my time.

- Google a guide
- buy mats
- waste a heap of time
= aquire lvl 400

This is such a rubbish way to go about things! and kind of soul destroying, my char has been at the crafting table for a week, as i cant bring my self to login as i know im just going to mindlessly follow a guide for a few hours. I really dont want to play, but i need the 400 really to proceed in PVE.

Cant there be a better way, im sure new players hate this right of passage!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Do whatever you want. DONT follow the guide if you dont want to. Those guides merely tell you what the current CHEAPEST path to leveling the craft is.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I never followed a guide, nor spent hours at the Crafting Stations. Your choice how to go about getting the Disciplines as completed as you desire. I’ve been playing 3 1/2 years and only recently leveled up some of the Disciplines, so I could make some Ascended armor and weapons. To this day, I still don’t have all Disciplines at max. I craft a few minutes (maybe max 20 minutes) every few days when I’m in the mood. You can, as well! =)

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

You don’t need to level crafting to 400 to PvE. You can earn gear a numerous amount of ways. Dungeons, doing events for items to sell and buying the gear off the TP, anything you can sell for TP.

You don’t HAVE to craft for your gear.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m not sure a system that provides endgame rewards which takes “hours” is really a grind. That said, crafting is a pain in the kitten, and has been since “craft Ascended Weapons” was put in.

Unfortunately, the reason that so many mats are required is to fuel the economy. Remember, nodes are shared, not exclusive, and the clamor for reward revamps since the game was young has led ANet to provide scads of blues and greens which get salvaged into more mats. Without those requirements to fuel demand, both nodes and salvaging would not be worth the time.

This is not changing.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Ok so its nice we can all make a new lvl 80, its nice we have new content.

BUT, we all need to craft the new items, and this may require multi crafting disciplines…
Which means we have to grind, now everyone, absolutely everyone googles “huntsman crafting guide” then either farms all the mats, or more likely farms gold and buys mats off a guide and follows a guide to hit lvl 400 for requirement to craft fun/ decent things. This boring pointless nonsense takes hours.

So to recap, instead of me doing daily’s and the other 100s of fun things, im forced to spend hours, wasting my time.

- Google a guide
- buy mats
- waste a heap of time
= aquire lvl 400

This is such a rubbish way to go about things! and kind of soul destroying, my char has been at the crafting table for a week, as i cant bring my self to login as i know im just going to mindlessly follow a guide for a few hours. I really dont want to play, but i need the 400 really to proceed in PVE.

Cant there be a better way, im sure new players hate this right of passage!

Welcome to MMO crafting in a nutshell I did this in WoW… Hell I even did it in Runescape way, way back.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

If you already have the money/mats, crafting does not take hours, well unless you decide to max them all in one sitting or something.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

It could be worse. At least in GW2 you don’t have to chump up the coin to unlock the next set of crafting levels ie. going from 1-10 then spend the coin to be able to go from 11-20. Of course it gets progresively more expensive as you increase from level sets to level sets.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Use those crafting boosters you get from doing story. I usually manage to get 1-400 in less than one booster, which comes out to around 1 hour even with running to TP to buy some mats that i’m short of. That’s not so bad, and it’s only 1 time per discipline anyway.

400-500 on the other hand…