crafting dawn not worth it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: harisbosanac.9265

harisbosanac.9265

hello,

i just started to craft my dawn and i recentrly completed t1. i spended 550g on t1 and now im in t2 i again need to spend 200g to complete it. im already on 750g and im only in t2 if i wouldnt craft it i would already got it of the tp and i would save allot of time on those events i needed to do. whats the point of crafting a pre when its even more expensive than buying it?

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

The precursor crafting wasn’t created to give you a cheaper way of getting a precursor (though for many precursors it certainly does), just a way that drastically reduces the amount of RNG. Now you don’t have to rely on yourself or others finding the precursor for you — you can go get it yourself.

For some precursors it will likely work out to be more money and time to craft it rather than buy it. It certainly seems like Dawn and Dusk will be very close in price to the TP, as will some of the other two-handed weapons. However, when designing the system a dev said that they looked at the TP to determine the cost and complexity of the precursor hunt for each type of precursor (two hand, main hand, off hand, aquatic). This is why, if you’re picked up the books for the underwater precursors, you’ll see that they are a lot shorter (6-8 events vs 14+) and the costs for materials are much lower.

I think this is more a problem with your expectations of precursor crafting than a problem with how it was implemented. I’m working on both Dawn and Dusk right now and I can say that while I was at first a bit surprised at how expensive crafting Dawn I was going to be, I’m over it. It’ll be more fun this way knowing that I worked for it, and that’s fine by me.

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I don’t think crafting htem is supposed to be cheaper. Its supposed to be more reliable. Not every is good at storing large amounts of gold for long period of time. The collections are easier because they can do it bit by bit over time instead of dropping a bunch of gold at once.

I think its actually pretty normal for the ones that people are selling to be cheaper. And for people that have the gold for it thats okay. But for the ones that don’t have hundreds of gold laying around its easier to do the work themselves when they realise there near there next step or when they just want something to do for a couple minutes.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Ghost Yak

Posted by: zporter.1439

zporter.1439

Also keep in mind that you can craft these things without buying mats on the TP. You would have to embark on an epic journey of harvesting, events, and crafting refinement.

You would save hundreds of gold and your story would be…. Legendary.