crazy people are everywhere, even in gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IKL.7239

IKL.7239

we were playing 20 scale fractal of the mist.

of course swamp was first stage with bloomhunger, party members did range attack whole time except me.

(mesmer warrior guardian guardian(me) and another one i dont remember)

i said “stack” 4 to 5 times but they never listened, at this point i knew they were noobs.

however we got bloomhunger without any problem,

next map was harpy map.

all of us fell down by knock back few times and i realize warrior showing offline.

so i voted to kick warrior and instead they kicked me.

do you think this is fair?

(edited by IKL.7239)

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

Welcome to gw2s party kick system, hope you enjoy your stay.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

of course swamp was first stage with bloomhunger, party members did range attack whole time except me.

i said “stack” 4 to 5 times but they never listened, at this point i knew they were noobs.

next map was harpy map.

all of us fell down by knock back few times and i realize warrior showing offline.

Yes.

I hate all the stacking though, so I would have been in my element not having to do it, for once.

Because of it I don’t do dungeons, or fractals, at all.

I understand the game encourages you to do it, but if it’s possible to not do it (which I’m sure it is), they were perfectly within their rights to not do it.

Heck, even if it’s not possible, they were still perfectly within their rights to try.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Next time, consider saying something in party chat before you initiate the kick vote. People tend to respond better if you actually talk to them.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

First: remove the screenshot or you will get an infraction.
Second: people can show as offline when they are invisible, are you sure the Warrior wasn’t playing? And even if he was indeed offline, maybe he DCed?
Third: are you sure they weren’t friends or from the same guild? It’d be very annoyed if some random voted to kick one of my guildies for being “offline” when they weren’t (or they simply DCed)

You should’ve asked the simple question “Did the Warrior DC?” instead of trying to kick him directly. I don’t think kicking you instead was a good thing either, however, you did overreact.

Posted by: Cloudz.6890

Cloudz.6890

next map was harpy map.

I’m fairly sure there’s a rule on the forums about talking about people ingame by showing their names or listing them here.

As far as fair, going by the image it looks like the guy was invisible, you didn’t check to see if he was actually there or not and in retaliation for trying to kick an active player, they kicked you. A better question would be: “Is it fair to kick an active participant just because I don’t see the ‘online’ indicator?” A mistake is a mistake, but it makes sense why they kicked you.

IKL.7239

Second: people can show as offline when they are invisible, are you sure the Warrior wasn’t playing? And even if he was indeed offline, maybe he DCed?
Third: are you sure they weren’t friends or from the same guild? It’d be very annoyed if some random voted to kick one of my guildies for being “offline” when they weren’t (or they simply DCed)

You should’ve asked the simple question “Did the Warrior DC?” instead of trying to kick him directly. I don’t think kicking you instead was a good thing either, however, you did overreact.

they said warrior was invisible, but he wasnt around us he’s hp bar was black
and id was showing (offline) how would i know he’s invisible. and 2 of them were from
same guild. i dont remember the guild name

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

and id was showing (offline) how would i know he’s invisible.

Maybe he DCed then and was coming back? Why initiate a kick vote before asking in party chat? By their reaction he was probably a friend or guildie so they would know better what he was doing. Why not use the chat and ask politely what happened instead of trying to kick someone directly?

Tigaseye.2047

next map was harpy map.

I’m fairly sure there’s a rule on the forums about talking about people ingame by showing their names or listing them here.

As far as fair, going by the image it looks like the guy was invisible, you didn’t check to see if he was actually there or not and in retaliation for trying to kick an active player, they kicked you. A better question would be: “Is it fair to kick an active participant just because I don’t see the ‘online’ indicator?” A mistake is a mistake, but it makes sense why they kicked you.

Yeah and TBH, they were probably itching for a reason to kick the annoying guy, who was trying to boss them around and probably calling them “noobs”, or worse.

Don’t blame them at all.

It should happen far more often, in fact.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Cloudz.6890

and id was showing (offline) how would i know he’s invisible. and 2 of them were from
same guild. i dont remember the guild name

You ask. I know people are moving toward silent speed runs in fractals and dungeons, but a simple “Did the Warrior d/c?” would have solved the problem.

IKL.7239

next map was harpy map.

Yeah and TBH, they were probably itching for a reason to kick the annoying guy, who was trying to boss them around and probably calling them “noobs”, or worse.

Don’t blame them at all.

if that’s the case, i better group up with friends and kick ppl for fun

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

You dont’ seemed too happy with the group anyway. And it is only beginning of the dungeon so you don’t have much to loss. Maybe you leaving the group is a good solution to everyone.

People are pretty nice in GW2 and dont’ kick often. If I play like a noob, they usually remove theyself instead of kicking me. And if anyone dced. They usually wait a while before kicking.

I’m not sure if you waited, but if you didn’t you probably should wait for a while. And before you kick, ask if that person is a friend of anyone.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

You, the minority, were trying to boss the majority around to play your way when they clearly didn’t want to. I guess you trying to kick someone without saying anything was the last straw for them. They had the right to kick you, especially when you initiated the kick war in the first place.

IKL.7239

You, the minority, were trying to boss the majority around to play your way when they clearly didn’t want to. I guess you trying to kick someone without saying anything was the last straw for them. They had the right to kick you, especially when you initiated the kick war in the first place.

i didnt act like a boss or wanted to be a boss

all i asked was stack when we do the bloomhunger.

and that’s what ppl should do.

Cloudz.6890

i didnt act like a boss or wanted to be a boss

all i asked was stack when we do the bloomhunger.

and that’s what ppl should do.

You “asked” several times. If someone says “stack” 4-5 times on the first boss and the group has other plans I’m ready to kick if he does something else that makes the run less enjoyable. Was the group a “zerker only exp” group? If not don’t expect what you consider traditional strategy. Stacking isn’t mandatory.

But none of that matters anyway, they didn’t kick you when you told them to stack. They kicked you when you tried to kick someone without saying anything.

Tigaseye.2047

next map was harpy map.

Don’t blame them at all.

if that’s the case, i better group up with friends and kick ppl for fun

It’s not for fun if you were being bossy and rude.

Bossiness and rudeness are two very valid reasons to kick someone anyway and then, just in case they were too nice to do that to you, you handed them your own tendency to kick people on a plate.

Live by the sword…

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

1. You didn’t check if they are guildies
2. You don’t kick people who dc-ed especially if you are the pug.
3. They were guildies probbably so you ate the kick instead.

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

I would have kicked you out of the party too…I did things like this before and I will keep doing them.

A few weeks ago in a fractal, there was some bossy dude that kept making everyone “noobs, idiots” but most of the time we were reviving him. One from the party dc-ed and he wanted to kick him/her. I initiated his kick instead, got him out, the other player that dc-ed came back and we had quite some fun inside the fractals.

So yeah i’d kick you too, let people play the way they want, i don’t always stack either maybe when it’s like really neccesary..sometimes.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

obviusly there are crazy people everywhere…

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Yes.

I hate all the stacking though, so I would have been in my element not having to do it, for once.

I understand the game encourages you to do it, but if it’s possible to not do it (which I’m sure it is), they were perfectly within their rights to not do it.

Heck, even if it’s not possible, they were still perfectly within their rights to try.

Actually Bloomhunger is a static mob so there really isn’t anything weird about “stacking” in that case.

It’s actually just being used as another word for melee. This is not a corner lure situation.

(Just me being OCD)

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Irony

Tigaseye.2047

Yes.

Actually Bloomhunger is a static mob so there really isn’t anything weird about “stacking” in that case.

It’s actually just being used as another word for melee. This is not a corner lure situation.

(Just me being OCD)

I’m not saying it’s weird to stack.

I’m sure it isn’t and I know the game design encourages stacking and meleeing, in almost all situations.

My point is that people don’t have to play in what is considered to be the “correct”, or most efficient way, if they don’t want to.

I think half the problem is that some people don’t view games as something to be enjoyed; they view them as finding an answer to a question, where there can only be one right answer.

Then, once that “right answer” has been found, if anyone decides to do something differently, they are viewed as an abhorrence, as they are breaking the established “rules”.

It’s like trying to have fun with Sheldon Cooper…

Ultimately, though, I still blame the game more than I do the player.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

IKL.7239

I would have kicked you out of the party too…I did things like this before and I will keep doing them.

A few weeks ago in a fractal, there was some bossy dude that kept making everyone “noobs, idiots” but most of the time we were reviving him. One from the party dc-ed and he wanted to kick him/her. I initiated his kick instead, got him out, the other player that dc-ed came back and we had quite some fun inside the fractals.

So yeah i’d kick you too, let people play the way they want, i don’t always stack either maybe when it’s like really neccesary..sometimes.

first i didnt say anything else except stack

second why the hell ppl join dungeon party with invisible status if they dont want their friends to see them online?

third noobs like you wont be able to play in my party too

Really?

…and yet, in both your OP and here you are calling people “noobs”.

Don’t expect people to believe you were civil, in game, if you can’t even be civil in your first post, on here.

We all know you were calling the people in that party “noobs”.

It would have been “stack”, “stack u noobs” etc..

…and that is still giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I wouldn’t mind betting you were saying worse than that, too.

all i said was stack

because i was busy fighting bloomhunger and giving them aegis and wall for poison.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Well, put yourself in their shoes.

You and a bunch of friends go into fractals, one guy starts saying “range range range” on a boss, which you don’t do because it’s not a strategy you like/don’t think it’s necessary, then on the next map a friend gets DC’d and the guy who was calling “range” earlier immediately votes to kick without asking you or anyone else anything.

Would you consider yourself crazy for kicking them instead?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Certainly appears that way….

IKL.7239

Well, put yourself in their shoes.

You and a bunch of friends go into fractals, one guy starts saying “range range range” on a boss, which you don’t do because it’s not a strategy you like/don’t think it’s necessary, then on the next map a friend gets DC’d and the guy who was calling “range” earlier immediately votes to kick without asking you or anyone else anything.

Would you consider yourself crazy for kicking them instead?

even im angry, i never kick ppl unless they go offline

because i consider this game as team game.

no teamwork = no rewards

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

next map was harpy map.

Yes.

even on your little anti-elite crusade you should be able to understand that this is not a question of morality. The game encourages the – albeit very, very lame – stacking method, OP was telling people to be good at the game. Which is something human beings normally strife for, being good at something. They chose not to. Guess there we have some more little hierophants for your personal cause.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Think of it as a fairly mild lesson in “I am not the most important person in the party.”

Fact of the matter is in any encounter that I know two or more ways to do, if I’m in a pug I ASK people beforehand how this is going to go down. If no one has a plan, then I suggest one.

No communication = no teamwork

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

All i’m saying is… you would be suprised how please and thank you work miracles in pug groups. Try barking orders at strangers IRL and see what happens.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

fractal 20 is still considered to be a noob fractal. Especially since most player can just hop into it these days

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

OP, just from the way you are speaking to people in the forums, there’s no doubt in my mind you were being a complete tool about it. I probably would have voted to kick you too.

For reals, a fotm20 and you call people noobs for not stacking. You don’t need to stack on a fotm20. Maybe the other 4 people realized this and decided to have some fun. Because stacking, while effective, is not fun in the slightest.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

You’re first mistake was to pug a Frac20. Frac50 and 40 pugs are the only consistently good pugs in the game. Frac20 is still in the “surprised people playing this long can still be so bad at the game” stage of pugs.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Next time, ask if the person DC’d and if they’re coming back before trying to kick. You got kicked because you (after already annoying them, it seems) tried to kick one of their friends without first bothering to check.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Think of it as a fairly mild lesson in “I am not the most important person in the party.”

Fact of the matter is in any encounter that I know two or more ways to do, if I’m in a pug I ASK people beforehand how this is going to go down. If no one has a plan, then I suggest one.

No communication = no teamwork

What the heck are you talking about? He said the guy was offline.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Perfectly fair. don’t initiate a vote to kick without actually getting to the bottom of what’s happening. I’d have kicked you, too.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Nonoka.7028

Nonoka.7028

You earned that, honestly. You were super rude mister. Concider being more friendly in the future.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

next map was harpy map.

Yeah. Probably should have said something to them on the off chance that they were premade and you were the odd member.

Also, why the hell are you stacking on bloomhunger? You sound like the noob, trying to get downed by poison?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Pugging with a premade party is always dangerous.

If I see my party is premade I wont even talk to them because I know they will kick me instantly if I do as much as asking for banners or reflections, etc.

Which is not the way it should be, but in my experience premades can bully others easily and get away with it.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Pugging with a premade party is always dangerous.

If I see my party is premade I wont even talk to them because I know they will kick me instantly if I do as much as asking for banners or reflections, etc.

Which is not the way it should be, but in my experience premades can bully others easily and get away with it.

I’ve had good times with premades; actually. If you say hi and do other things that prove you arent a robot (like requesting a stack on a boss with AOE wipes) you are more likely to run the path smoothly.

It’s just like full pugs. either you get a terrible premade or you dont.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

OP, just from the way you are speaking to people in the forums, there’s no doubt in my mind you were being a complete tool about it. I probably would have voted to kick you too.

For reals, a fotm20 and you call people noobs for not stacking. You don’t need to stack on a fotm20. Maybe the other 4 people realized this and decided to have some fun. Because stacking, while effective, is not fun in the slightest.

Pretty much this is my opinion too

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I suppose “going with the flow” is a learned skill, I find it a necessary one when in PuGs. It makes things less stressful, more fun and usually end up getting on friendly terms with some strangers (although I tend not to keep messaging ppl because I’m not a ‘chatter’ on the game).

Talking tends to lighten the mood. Just random chat, discussion, jokes, etc. So when it comes time to tell them what to do (“hey guys, try stacking here!”) they’re less apprehensive about listening because they aren’t being bossed around by some stranger. It also tends to give you an understanding of what’s going on, like when people DC or something happens and they need to step away from the keyboard.

If you don’t want to do any of that, you can simply go with the flow, let people do their own thing, adapt your style and build for the level of your team and if it turns out bad, know to make your own group next time.

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Just because they wont only stack they are noobs? Right perfect logic.

next map was harpy map.

Notice you stated ALL of you fell a few times. Wouldn’t that make you just as much of a noob as well? I mean you are a guardian with reflect and stability all over the place.

Plus I agree with the other responses. It sounds like you were the 1 guy bossing them around. (saying stack 1-2 times may be tolerated but 4-5… at that point why not just join the zerk only stack everything group?). Unless this was in fact a zerker only group then I retract everything I have said, because they signed up for it.

Plus votekicking a guildie just because you dont see him online, without asking. Yea unless I misread/misinterpreted something I would have kicked you as well.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

I normally stack if it’s a Melee party, and everyone is used to stacking, but if it’s newer people, or a mixture, I rather enjoy the fact that for once we can use our survival and battle skill to attack from afar, and it does feel more fun that way.

Stacking obviously has benefits for team buffs and damage, but unless it’s a full zerge group, you’re gonna be there a while attacking it anyway.
Might as well have fun while playing with casual players, and pull out your bow and chill out. I think they were in the right, as you didn’t proceed correctly, or act patiently with the situation.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

As much as we weren’t there to view the situation, and only have your words to go on, the simple fact for anyone in this situation, is this:
- Anyone who wants to kick or lead someone elses group, clearly wants to be the dominant one in the party. But that means you also need to be responsible with your decisions. Use a bit of initiative:
If they say “he’s offline” or just “DC’d”, just say “Okay, lets give him a few mins to see if he comes back”.
If nothing happens, ask them if you can “find another party member?”.
Lastly, if you didn’t create that party, then you definitely have to consider what the group wants, as you are just the guy who joined, and unless party leader tells you that he wants you to be in charge, there is no point taking over. Newer players or average PvE players, more often than not, prefer to play it cool and relax, than to be made to rush events and play the way a person tells them to.

Your best bet is to make your own partys or join the Zerk party when available.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]