create a new weapon but can't participate

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zareena.5412

Zareena.5412

hi i see the rule with your new contest ANET but can i ask you why you excluding Quebec ?

I would really like to participate and create something but in the rule you chose to screw up Quebec but for the strange part the rest of Canada can participate that pretty disappointing on you part ANET is it ?

i really hope in your next contest you going to include my country because right now that really unfair

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Is it so they don’t have to deal with French as a language? Or is there some law in Quebec not related to the language thing that makes inhibits it?

I would guess that anything open to citizens of Quebec would mbe have to include a French translation along with the english.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Zareena.5412

is if for the french language well montreal is bilingual i see no problem there but i would really like to know why they chosed to exlude Quebec.

maybe is a law (i hope not) and that be a great help if a ANET staff could ask why they banned Quebec for the contest

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You might want to speak to your local government about this. As has been pointed out in other threads on the same subject, Quebec has some very harsh regulations regarding sweepstakes, contests of this sort, etc. Quebec has decided to discourage companies from running this sort of contest there. If you want to participate, vote for changes to your laws, dont blame the companies.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is due to laws in Quebec. You often have Canada wide contests that exclude Quebec.

Zareena.5412

god kitten its really a stupid law then well i hate even more my own country and the other people going to tell us how the Quebec is so close minded about that really a shame then

thanks ashen for the answer

but oh well can’t do nothing about that if of course ANET make the effort to bring the next contest in Quebec to that would really awesome