curious about meta thoughts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

So, what I dont get……A lot of people have mentioned that even though meta events, is a carrot to a stick, other threads below this one have also repeatedly mentioned that it is a waste of time, but keeps them busy…….What I honestly, literally do not get. Why are people doing it then? What is behind the logic of doing a somewhat boring and repeatable more than once or twice?

Sorry, I just literally can not get behind or even comprehend that ideology, it literally makes no sense for me. I mean, I do like to play pvp, WvW or explore…….but if I get to bored I always shut down the game and go to the gym or over to friends….something, I can not stay on a pc knowing that I am running on a invisible treadmill, I despise that feeling so much, even back in core games day, where they let people get free try outs for HoT if they did Silverwaste……..after 10 mins in 2nd try I literally shut down pc, not even wanting to play or watch anything on it. It was like a cold disgusting feeling of control

I do of cause have some random guesses (this is not meant to hurt anyone, I just literally can not understand it):

Like people do not have anything else to do and are very bored, so having something in a game that forces you to redo it, is better than nothing.

Or maybe some people here used to play WoW and want that feeling of them being young/kid back?

I know there must be a reason, I just do not understand it at all…so any answer would be great, but please do stay transparent on this one, am I missing something or is my guess right on the money shot?

(edited by zengara.8301)

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I enjoy doing some of the metas. I complete several each week. I like the spirit of co-operation, the sense of accomplishment, and of course the loot! My favourites are Silverwastes, AB and DS; I have alts parked in each of those zones. I’m closing in on the Golden Child title, but I only do the meta when I’m in the mood – often I just run a few of the preliminary events and switch to something else.

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Why are people doing it then? What is behind the logic of doing a somewhat boring and repeatable more than once or twice?

1. Those who like playing the game very rarely come to the forum to complain about it. There is most likely lots of players who simply like to do meta events.

2. If the meta is only way to gain very rare materials to unlock very rare skins or finish collection, then you do it even if you do not like it.