customizable ui

customizable ui

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

this game can really look gorgeous, but the thing is that the UI usually ruins immersion and/or the atmosphere, so i often run around in pve without any hud at all. it works aesthetically but you can’t see npc dialog, chat, object labels, nameplates, etc.

let us customize our hud, either by being able to move and show/hide specific elements (particularly that ugly black border around the screen) or by going the extra mile and letting us create skins or something.

im not saying the current ui is bad, it works great for practical use, but i’d just like to see a more aesthetic option available to those who want one.

customizable ui

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

I liked the UI on Tera since it could be moved around, customized etc. Everything could be split up, separated and placed where ever, on the bottom, top, left or right side of the screen. The skill bar on GW2 looks too flashy, too bulky, simply too much clutter on the screen that isn’t needed and doesn’t add to the game at all.

I’d like to be able to move the skill bar, hp etc to the top of the screen and shrink it. I don’t need to see icons and animations in the skill bar, just the cool downs so if Anet did this it’d make it much better imo. I could also actually go for just hiding the skill bar completely as most skills are fairly low cool downs anyways.

I know we can hide the UI but my main problem with that is I want the mini-map, events, quests and such to remain on the screen on the right side but hiding the UI hides 100% of everything even the chat. Anet really should, if anything, just add the ability to change the side of the UI, move the skill bar etc which is actually quite simple.