/dab ?

/dab ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

I would really love a /dab emote. It would be straight up, hands down, THEE most epic emote of all time.

Just think about it.

When you kill someone in WvW, you no longer have to be the guy who uses /laugh or /sit (ya’ll know who you are). You can just dab.

When you win a PvP game, you celebrate with a nice dab.

You manage to win a 2v1, you DOUBLE dab.

If you kill a raid boss for the first time or 50th time, you get your boys, and just group dab.

You make your first legendary weapon, celebrate by telling map chat and then…DAB.

You finish map completion, but you’re tired so you slow dab.

The possibilities are endless and this ONE emote will replace literally all the other ones.

Being 100% serious, we need a /dab

-Sam I Am Fam

Attachments:

/dab ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Aside from the image with a person with their face in their elbow pit I’m not really sure what dab means. Is there some meaning to placing your face in the elbow pit? Label me old I guess.

The Burninator

/dab ?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Aside from the image with a person with their face in their elbow pit I’m not really sure what dab means. Is there some meaning to placing your face in the elbow pit? Label me old I guess.

I think it’s like … You don’t have a tissue and you don’t have a sleeve so…. You dab your nose in your elbow pit. But you bend your knees at the same time for +1

/dab ?

DoomKnightMax.6592

Here’s a link to Betty White hitting a dab. It’s really simple.

http://gph.is/1QpQRrr

You can never be too told to dab, and yes it has been “noted to resemble sneezing”.

/dab ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think it’s like … You don’t have a tissue and you don’t have a sleeve so…. You dab your nose in your elbow pit. But you bend your knees at the same time for +1

Ahh yes that reminds me many many years ago when I used to work in food service that is how we used to contain a sneeze so we didn’t sneeze on our hands. We didn’t bend at the knees though. I’m not sure what a sneeze in the elbow pit emote means though.

The Burninator

/dab ?

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

+1 to you guys for making me laugh like a madman.

/dab ?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I’m 24 and i have no idea what this dab is. I think this is another thing cool kids do when out clubbing? Or playing soccer? Or…? I have no idea i only dab when i spill something on the carpet.

/dab ?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

22 and I have never once heard the term ‘dab’ in terms of internet slang/urban definition.

By that picture provided it looks quite lame and a possibly over-used ‘emote’ or action; probably a thing young teenagers would do these days? School kids with their mates having a laugh?

My definition of dab, and I rarely hear the term is I instantly think of “dab a tissue on that spot to clean it up” or “it could use just a dab of X ingredient”.

Ehhh.

/dab ?

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

What is OP blathering about, I tried to look up what he means by dabbing and it seems to be some kind of drug slang for vaporizing resins. How can you make an emote for this and why would you want to?

/dab ?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

To me DAB is a kind of digital radio. Or a way of carefully cleaning up a spill without spreading it around.

I’ve never heard the term used in this way, and I agree the picture looks like sneezing. Even Urban Dictionary isn’t any help as they seem to think it means accidentally touching the floor with your foot when riding a bike.

Obviously it has some other meaning, somehow related to showing you’re happy with something that just happened.

But going by this thread it wouldn’t be effective in GW2 since no one, apart from the OP, seems to understand that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

/dab ?

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

I googled it. It appears to be one of those fad dances that springs up, is a craze for a while then dissapears. Dab: dance. The problem with making an emote out of a passing fad is that few recognize it now, as seen by this thread, and once the fad is over with it will be a strange emote that no one at all will know what it means.

/dab ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I googled it. It appears to be one of those fad dances that springs up, is a craze for a while then dissapears. Dab: dance. The problem with making an emote out of a passing fad is that few recognize it now, as seen by this thread, and once the fad is over with it will be a strange emote that no one at all will know what it means.

Ahh…now it makes more sense. Thank you.

I vote no.

/dab ?

DoomKnightMax.6592

Wow the negative vibes are strong. As for dabs being drugs, I have no idea what drugs are and don’t think we should crawl into that dark space.
This harmless dance move has become an icon in pop culture and I’m upset that you old timers can’t see that BUT it’s okay so I forgive you.
I shall live to dab another day.

#pipeitup #dab

/dab ?

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

You DO know that the dab trend will end in 2 or 3 weeks, just like every other trend out there ? That’s not a good thing to create an emote for only 2~3 weeks

/dab ?

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

dance move has become an icon in pop culture

Attachments:

/dab ?

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Sure. Why not? In terms of emotes, that certainly seems like a low hanging fruit.

/dab ?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Hardly sounds epic to me, but then again like JT says, you can label me old. I think people who do /laugh or /sit when killing someone in WvW are quite sad. Though, not as sad as the ones who whisper you calling you a noob or something.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

/dab ?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Seems extremely niche to be an emote people would enjoy.

/dab ?

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

@ DoomKnightMax.6592

I am gonna be honest with you….

this will never happen.

Since day 1 of GW2 release people demand more emotes, just type in emotes in the search bar and you will find thousands of give us emote XY threads.

So yeah not gonna happen. If you compare the emote list from GW2 and GW1 you will realise that GW2 is in terms of emotes pretty poor designed.

But comparing GW1 with GW2 is the biggest mistake a lot of people made because they are completely different games….

But still no new emotes for you and me since they didnt add 1 single new emote after more than 3 years they will not start it now.

Attachments:

/dab ?

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

Roflmao…. what’s next? /TeachMeHowToDougie ? /DoTheDirtyBird ? /WhenIDipYouDipWeDip ?

Sorry, buddy, but I don’t think that fad emotes are important. I’m gonna have to vote a big ol’ “Nope” to any new emotes that aren’t recognized by the majority of players.

Besides… there are more important things the devs need to be working on besides new animations for each race and emotes: the next living story, the next expansion, quality of life updates, etc. I’d rather these things be top priority than any new emotes, honestly.

(edited by Silas Eorth.7348)

/dab ?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Well I would love to have it, especially for wvw.

Seeing my Asura do it would be amazing lol

/dab ?

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

came for dab, was disappointed.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

/dab ?

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

If that Betty White clip is what you mean by a “dab”, then I don’t see anything “epic” about that. Maybe a Dabney Coleman video is needed instead. Or this old commercial for Brylcreem, featuring their slogan “A little dab’ll do ya”:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

/dab ?

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I suspect ulterior motives. Dab these days is all rage with the doper crowd. I maybe wrong but I miss my Polla doll.

/dab ?

Posted by: PokerStar.5081

PokerStar.5081

Dab came from the rap genre – it’s a form of dance that came from smoking weed.

Full Flush
JQ
I’m all in !

/dab ?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

The day dabs became a thing was when I got my old man card. Kept hearing about ’em, had no clue. Googled it and I found the results utterly ridiculous.

This’ll be forgotten by 2017. I guarantee it. Emotes need to be expressions that stand the test of time.

/dab ?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

dance move has become an icon in pop culture

The look on the dear childs face illustrates perfectly how I feel about pop culture that makes it into the Tyrian world.

/dab ?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Naw – change the Rangers ‘whistle’ when calling pets to ‘BAE’.

/dab ?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I watched a video on “Dab” just to understand what the OP was talking about. I don’t feel the need to be able to “Dab” anymore than I feel the need to do any other passing fad dance moves.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

/dab ?

Posted by: Tweekin.1349

Tweekin.1349

Please for the love of God, NO!

/dab ?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Count me in the “Never heard of this” group.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

/dab ?

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I would really love a /dab emote. It would be straight up, hands down, THEE most epic emote of all time.

Yeah, until the next “epic” flash-in-the-pan dance fad comes along… Should take a couple of weeks.

Seriously, fad emotes and stupid internet memes are the last things this game needs.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

/dab ?

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Yeah, until the next “epic” flash-in-the-pan dance fad comes along… Should take a couple of weeks.

Seriously, fad emotes and stupid internet memes are the last things this game needs.

Aw, you wouldn’t want to jig along to The Ketchup Song in DR or Cha Cha Slide your way down the Shiverpeaks?

I have to say /dab could be fun for anyone wanting to listen to the radio in game though.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

/dab ?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Ye,this really ground breaking dance move,that requires all of 2 brain cells to execute.
1…2…sneeze.dab dab dab dab(repeat a lot of times,insert a cool word,like ‘@ss’ or ‘money’ every now and then,add generic beat downloaded from the internet,and you are a go.
No…you are a dab dab dab dab…….

I’d prefer a /Hodor instead.
You’d just say Hodor,nothing fancy here!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

/dab ?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Good now I hope this is your last bump of this thread DKM, the thread is dead let it vanish.

/dab ?

DoomKnightMax.6592

Ah geez, you’re right, my words disrupted the positivity, but this is getting rather off topic. Probably going to get locked soon as well. Feel free to PM me in game if you have any other concerns. Thanks.