dailies are forced atm

dailies are forced atm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

Guild Wars 2 dailies are the gentlest dailies I’ve ever seen in an MMO. You only need to do 5 of the 9. Most of them you’ll get doing whatever you normally do.

If they were any easier, you might as well just get them for logging in.

that is not true. I run fractals and I – never – get my daily. mostly goes up to 1 or 2

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

The daily system was fine before, when it did not reward laurels. ‘nuff said. If they remove laurels, people wouldn’t even bother worrying and just play the way they want. Which is how the game is supposed to. The game was never meant to keep your attention every single day, and make you log in every single day. Its a non-sub model, and arenanet isnt required to produce a game like that. So if you took a few days off, no biggie. But when yo come back you can play how you want to.

Rewarding you for every day content compels MOST people to seek out the required content and complete it. Human nature.

Summation of this thread: The daily system is good, the Laurel system is bad.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guild Wars 2 dailies are the gentlest dailies I’ve ever seen in an MMO. You only need to do 5 of the 9. Most of them you’ll get doing whatever you normally do.

that is not true. I run fractals and I – never – get my daily. mostly goes up to 1 or 2

I’ve run fractals and gotten 3. I did say most of your dailies not all of them. And you can’t say I haven’t gotten three, because I have. But even if you get two, doing three more MIGHT take you 15 minutes. One of them is always gathering. Takes practically no time at all.

So if you get two from fractals and have to do three more….15 minutes TOPS. The last time I did a fractal I got veteran slayer, condition remover and I think it was reviver, so I was at 3 of 5 when I finished.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Adminir.8140

Adminir.8140

I hope devs are reading these kind of threads.

Dailies were meant to reward players that were just “playing the game normally”, but there’s a few problems that prevent dailies from working like that. One of the biggest reasons for that, is how uneven dailies are.

From my experience, doing gathering + leveling + daily kills, plus a few other stuff like that, can take between 20 minutes and an hour or more, depending on what other side-stuffing you are doing, where you decide to go, etc. That’s fine. You can explore the world while doing dailies, and in this sense, the devs have acchieved what they wanted.

Likewise, recently-added wvw dailies also allow wvw players to get dailies done by just playing normally.

However, doing fractals, or a dungeon, takes about as much time as doing 3-6 other taily tasks. And THAT’s unfair. If someone wants to spend 40 minutes doing a dungeon (cof1 is the exception, let’s ignore that abomination), that player will only get 1/5 of the dailies done (sometimes, depending on the day, 2 or 3 dailies, and sometimes even none). This FORCES a dungeon/ fractals player to do stuff they don’t want to do, which is annoying. There needs to exist more dungeon dailies, or the current ones should be worth more.

Also, dailies are very restricting and punishing to players who can’t log in everyday. There should exist some sort of system that allows you to finish the dailies from the last 1-2 days. That’s because sometimes, depending on each player’s mood and time, there are days where they might not feel playing GW2 much (or just doing pvp or a dungeon or something), and there are days where those same players spend hours in the game. Dailies currently treat those players unfairly: they should get the same amount of laurels for having the same dedication to the game, but they don’t, because the current daily system has a very strict schedule.

Fix those issues, and dailies will truly feel what they were intended to be: a reward add-on for doing normal stuff, instead of something that forces you to do side-stuff and takes away from your precious time.

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I also want to add, if you compare the amount of effort required for the PvP daily to the PvE daily, there is a huge difference. Even when they increased the amount of effort it required by changing the 5 player kills to 20, or the addition of the 4 “unique maps played,” it was still easily doable in less than 30 minutes. Sometimes I want to do a FoTM run, sometimes I don’t. On the days that this is the daily and I don’t feel like doing it, I try to get a group together to run swamp, lvl 1, and just end the run there. Kill Mossman or Bloomhunger and leave the instance when the daily is complete. If you look back, the previous dailies, they TRULY rewarded you for “playing how you want to play.” They were generic, do these 5 events, kill unique creatures, and do some gathering. If you aren’t doing these things, you are truly sitting in LA. Even by doing WvW, events, unique players/mobs, and gathering all take place.

Also, about the restriction that it places on players to have them log-in every single day is bothersome. WoW (some people may hate me for this) changed the way the daily dungeon functioned just for this reason. It enabled players to not have to log in on a daily basis just to get the dungeon out of the way. Instead, they have 7 each week where they can do them when they have the time. If you have Saturday off and want to run dungeons all day, go for it! If you want to run one each day of the week, you can do that too! Either way, if you did it, you got it done. Why not change the dailies to work along these lines? Instead of wiping them out every 24 hours, allow them to be completed over the course of a few days, lifting this “must log in each day” mentality. I can’t tell you how many times the daily is going to be leveler and then boom, I level 2 minutes before the daily reset. Or I capture a camp in WvW 20 seconds before that becomes the new daily. Or, we just spent 2 hours laying siege to a tower, finally break through, capturing it, only to realize that in exactly 60 seconds, that would have become my new daily.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Here’s the odd thing. I used to think like the OP did about dailies. I used to login and go through the ritual of making sure I did the daily, got it out of the way so to speak, before beginning my play session for real.

But for the last couple weeks, due to me wanting to spend my playtime just doing stuff I enjoy, I just ignored the dailies. Now every day I’ve spent playing the way I want. Doing a mix of wvw/alt lvling/dungeons/fractals.. you know, the usual stuff we all do. The thing is I’ve gotten the daily without even looking at it almost every time. Admittedly the WvW daily more often, but a fair few times the PvE one too.

I think if you just play the way you like, then finish off what little left you have of the daily before you log-off (providing you didnt get it anyway), then it will feel less like a task and more like the reward for ‘just playing’ it was intended as.

As for the issue some players have with missing a daily I say, what’s the rush? You are never going to be the most quickly or best geared player in the game, there is always someone with more time to dedicate. So take it at your own pace and don’t sweat missing a few laurels now and then, you really wont miss it once you get some perspective

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

(edited by Rhaps.8540)

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I would love for them to add new systems to do in the dailies that would go along with what we normally do everyday. There are days when 1-2 items are crazy to try to complete and of course the randomness brings these items up all at once which doesn’t help.

There are just some things on the list that shouldn’t be there imo.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

This whole topic is stupid. And this post summarizes it perfectly.

You would force people to HAVE to do 3 different paths in 3 different dungeons because YOU enjoy it. So the people who enjoy the daily now and it works for them? Screw them, I guess? It’s not what YOU want, so who cares?
See the flaw here?

Having fun putting words in my mouth? I never said I want that to be the sole way of acquiring the Laurels. I just want alternatives to the existing ones, because they bore me to death.

The thing is, the option you spoke of is available some days. They’ve already given you the option.
Condition Applier
Condition Remover
Daily Champion Slayer
Daily Dodger
Daily Fractal Runner
Daily Healer
Daily Kill Variety
Daily Kills
Daily Kills (Regional)
Daily Veteran Slayer (Regional)
Dungeon Completer
Leveler
Skill Interruptor
Story Dungeon Completer
Daily Veteran Slayer
Skill Point Accumulator

All of those are doable in dungeons. Fractals may not technically be counted as a dungeon, but it counts for the daily and mob counts. I’m sure I even missed a couple.
Depending what day it is, you can knock off many choices for your daily in dungeons. So you might have to chop a few trees on the map you’re on waiting to fill the dungeon group or whatever to get the rest, but the daily is not limiting you to only the world map and meta events. Even dailies that require kills in certain areas are covered (CoE counts for Maguuma killer, for example). Skill pints would be easy to get in dungeons with the sheer amount of exp you get from completing one. Do a few and you have 3 skills points.
I did not list the event dailies, because I’m not 100% sure if they do count in dungeons. If they do this would also encompass the regional event daily.

This is covering as much of the population as they possibly can. They are giving options where you only have to do 5 of them and they are counted on the map, in WvW or in dungeons, depending on what you want to do.
No, you can’t get the same amount done in dungeons every day, it varies. Sometimes you get them all, sometimes you could get only get a couple. The point is, its varying and noone is telling you to them on the world map or all at meta events – let alone do them every day. There’s really not much need for more options just because it’s not tailored exactly for how you want to get them.
You’re only limiting yourself if you think or believe dailies can only be done on the world map. That or the effort of completing these in this way is actually too hard and just an excuse to make them buyable, and thus, handed to us for absolutely no effort at all.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: catofnine.3194

catofnine.3194

I like the daily system choices and usually get them completed in the course of playing. I just wish they’d make it a weekly i.e. let you get all of them done over 2-3 days as opposed to logging in every day.

Think there could be a compromise for people who want a daily reward for simply camping dungeons maybe give them a choice of dungeons and stipulate they run a few of them for a laurel?

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I did not list the event dailies, because I’m not 100% sure if they do count in dungeons. If they do this would also encompass the regional event daily.

They do, and yes, I’ve gotten 5/5 dailies from just doing a CoE run before, but usually, I end up with 2/5 or 3/5 and I still need to go kill some guys in Kryta and chop some trees… All in all not too bad usually, but you’re still missing my point, which is an answer to this one.

There’s really not much need for more options just because it’s not tailored exactly for how you want to get them.

My main beef with the dailies isn’t necessarily that they’re so boring, although it’s certainly something that makes me hate them more…

My main problem with them is that they’re the only way to acquire certain items in game. That’s their big flaw. It gates certain players or certain people that just simply hate doing them from getting that gear. When this geat is BIS and semi-necessary to get into certain aspects of the game, you have bad game design.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

They do, and yes, I’ve gotten 5/5 dailies from just doing a CoE run before, but usually, I end up with 2/5 or 3/5 and I still need to go kill some guys in Kryta and chop some trees… All in all not too bad usually, but you’re still missing my point, which is an answer to this one.

There’s really not much need for more options just because it’s not tailored exactly for how you want to get them.

My main beef with the dailies isn’t necessarily that they’re so boring, although it’s certainly something that makes me hate them more…

My main problem with them is that they’re the only way to acquire certain items in game. That’s their big flaw. It gates certain players or certain people that just simply hate doing them from getting that gear. When this geat is BIS and semi-necessary to get into certain aspects of the game, you have bad game design.

Though I don’t consider BIS gear necessary in any part of this game (helpful though it might be), I agree that it’s bad design to put amulets only in dailies for laurels.

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

Though I don’t consider BIS gear necessary in any part of this game (helpful though it might be), I agree that it’s bad design to put amulets only in dailies for laurels.

Try surviving Maw agony at lvl48 without 45 AR…

Yes, it’s not 100% necessary, since you can just do the 99% trick, but it’s really not optimal design.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Ya at this point if you find dailies bad in this game your not going to find any thing in this game or in other games or even in real life as “fun” or at least “easy”.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

The only thing you could refer to in this way is Amulets. The laurels themselves as they stand is fine. You can get laurels via dailies/monthlies in many varying ways as I stated in my previous post. Not being limited to dungeons or wvw or the world map, they’re pretty open and easy to obtain.
The other ascended gear available via laurels are obtainable via other means.
In this, I do agree with you. The Amulets themselves should be obtainable in another fashion, perhaps the same way as backpieces via fractals and mystic toilet.
Laurels though, IMO, are fine the way they are. We dont need other way to obtain this currency as its an alternative for people who dont have a guild to obtain earrings or dont want to run fractals for rings. Backpieces even have an (expensive) alternative in the mystic toilet to obaiin rather than run fractals. Laurels should also serve as an alternative in this way for Amulets.
The problem you have could be rectified by adding Amulets to the fractals vendor as a purchasable item from fractal drops.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I’m at a loss for how to respond to this thread. In a forum filled with entitlement this one seems to rise above the rest.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

Well, then my involvement in this thread is done I guess.

We agree that tying Amulets exclusively to Laurels is dumb.

You guys can think dailies are fine, I can keep on thinking they’re about as exciting as petting a dead horse.

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

Yes, it’s not 100% necessary, since you can just do the 99% trick, but it’s really not optimal design.

So tell me, what percentage of the game’s population do think does fractals above level forty?

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

So tell me, what percentage of the game’s population do think does fractals above level forty?

I thought I was done here, but okay…

I don’t see what point you’re trying to get across. Ascended Amulets are optional to the people that don’t do 40+ fractals. They’re nigh mandatory for people that DO do them. And guess which of those people have more trouble getting the dailies done?

Basically, the Laurel system is catering to the people that need the ascended gear the least and it’s gating the people that need it the most.

But like I said, I just want alternatives to the Ascended Amulets, I’m perfectly fine with the rings and the accessories.

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

I thought I was done here, but okay…

I don’t see what point you’re trying to get across. Ascended Amulets are optional to the people that don’t do 40+ fractals. They’re nigh mandatory for people that DO do them. And guess which of those people have more trouble getting the dailies done?

Basically, the Laurel system is catering to the people that need the ascended gear the least and it’s gating the people that need it the most.

But like I said, I just want alternatives to the Ascended Amulets, I’m perfectly fine with the rings and the accessories.

I’m not disagreeing that there should be other ways to get amulets. I’m just looking at the big picture.

Devs seldom make decisions based on a small minority of players, that’s all I’m suggesting here. I’m not saying they shouldn’t change it at all. But I am saying I understand why this isn’t a priority for them.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

It would be cool If w e could complete the daily up to 7 times per week at anytime we wanted. Hard for me to explain… we could. Have the option to do all 7 dailies in one day of the week if wanted, or 2 of the 7 in one day and the rest the next. That way the people that cant log in every day gets a chance to be rewarded with the same amount of effort.
From phone, so excuse any broken writing.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Hmm there is something to the OP.

How fast can you do a daily? 20min give or take?

They need to separate wvw from pve to start with.

Then if we look at wvw, even if we consider an hour instead of 2 hours as being an average time people are on for each day, how many camps will you flip/defend? How many towers? How many people will you kill? How many npc’s?

These are the questions that should be asked. Then this should be what is required. You can ask similar questions for PvE, how many elites? How many regular mobs? How many events will you have completed (this one works for wvw too)?

If they could determine how many of these things an average player could accomplish in an hour, then this would make the daily better.

1. They would take longer (an hour on average).

2. They should require you to do things you are gonna do no matter what in the area of the game you’re in.

To explain the second one a bit better…

Instead of killing vets in Kryta, it should simply be killing vets. Instead of doing group events in Ascolon, it should simply be doing group events.

They should also have nothing to do with those stupid mini games.

The idea is that, yes you are kinda getting it for simply logging in but you are getting it for playing for ~1H which is longer than what many do now. Log in, grind out what you have to do to get it in 20min or less and log back out. Sounds to me that you already get it for merely logging in.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I was going to make a post about how spoiled gamers are these days and how sorry I feel for the developers who have to put up with them, but I’ll just shake my head and move on instead.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Has anyone else noticed that dailies were nowhere near being an issue at launch, but became an issue once Ascended-for-laurels was added? How would I solve this? Make Ascended available in more ways. Those who want to get them by laurels can, those who don’t can get them another way.

At this point, I hope they’ve reconsidered and are done with Ascended. If they’re going to go ahead, I hope they launch them with multiple ways to get them already available — and not the haphazard methods they’ve used so far.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

a daily shouldn’t be something you have to actively focus on. just randomly doing whatever you want ingame for 20 minutes should award you with it. otherwise it feels forced and will alienate players.

[Citation Needed]

Wait, wait, let me guess: “Because I said so” ?

You can finish almost every daily “set” within 20 minutes of normal play. If what you want is the laurel, you can even do it on PvP, which is even faster.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

a daily shouldn’t be something you have to actively focus on. just randomly doing whatever you want ingame for 20 minutes should award you with it. otherwise it feels forced and will alienate players.
what I’m saying: you do a fractal, boom daily done. or a dungeon. or level up. or a story quest. or a jumping puzzle. etc etc etc
discuss.

Also, why the hell are they account wide ????
what we’re not allowed to have alts to accomplish things faster !!!
I have 5 toons, and I want to be able to earn 1 laurel for each of my toons per day seriously it’s the least you A.net can do after making the game so kitten restricted !

We have to spent a month just to acquire 1 lousy piece of ascended item other than rings !!!

I understand that very casual players need to catch up but why do we all have to pay such a high price for the fact they don’t get to play as much as they would like to !!!!

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

So you basically want to get the daily completed by simply logging in?
Because that is really the only way that would reward everyone playing “the way they want”.

@knives, the reply answers your post as well.

That is kind of ignorant to assume and a bad attempt at invalidating what I wrote. I wrote exactly what we were told though that we should be able to complete dailies by “playing the game how we want” – By playing how we want, one must assume an average players online for maybe 2 hours on an average day. I’m pretty sure just about no one comes online for 2 hours to go kill 30 mobs in Shiverpeaks, then go kill 10 people in WvW, then do a dungeon, then eat 25 foods and go craft 10 items. Dailies should be a smaller thing. If you come online for 2 hours to kill some people in WvW and cap a few camps, maybe a tower that should be a daily. If you go do 3 explorable dungeons, maybe even a few different ones, then that should be a daily.

Try comparing it to daily PvP (which awards you a much easier laurel) – No matter how you play PvP you WILL get the daily. You can’t not finish 3 matches if you stick with a game. Capturing points and getting kills are pretty much tkittenence of PvP. You are rewarded for playing daily.

PvE does not do this. You have to do very specific things to complete the daily and time investment is way higher than PvP (Usually).

No, don’t try sugarcoat this. Dailies ARE NOT forced at the moment. You just don’t want to miss out on the reward and not have to do the MINIMUM of efforts to earn it. It literally takes less than 30 minutes of playtime to get dailies done.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

They might as well just hand us the laurels if they make it any easier…

If you aren’t getting your dailies easily, you should diversify your playstyle. And by that I mean: start gathering random things, or kill ambients when you pass them. Honestly, what do you do in the game that makes it so hard for you to get dailies done? Even if you spend all your time doing cof1, you’re likely to get 3/5 dailies without even trying, most days.

Just look at the dailies that you can get playing ANYWHERE:

• events/group events
  • kills
  • gathering
  • condition application/removal
  • dodging
  • interrupts
  • ambient killer
  • level
  • skill points
  • veteran kills
  • champion kill
  • karma spending
  • crafting (takes 10 sec to go refine 10 materials)

the list goes on…

Just look for places where you can get multiple dailies done at once (like kills + underwater/location kills) if you want to save time.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There’s too much angst over what amounts to a 5% change in stats. Outside of high level fractals, this isn’t exactly world ending. And if you do play high level fractals, you’ll have gotten ascended rings at the very least.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

As I had stated in a different thread, this is a problem that all MMOs face. The high level feeling of “entitlement” of some players can be disappointing. Never mind the fact that GW2 is subscription free (meaning you’re not required to pay monthly fees). Never mind the fact that Anet actually made it easier to complete Daily and Monthly achievements. Regardless of how much is done to help the players enjoy the game more, there’s this small percentage of the population who wants free stuff just given to them for little to no effort.

If your individual play-style is to only run Fractals or Dungeons, that’s your choice. Please don’t complain that Anet doesn’t fine tune the game’s mechanics to benefit only you. If you want do get a Daily, and you can’t do it with only FotM or CoF, get out of your comfort zone, and enjoy the other content that this game has available.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what I’m saying: you do a fractal, boom daily done. or a dungeon. or level up. or a story quest. or a jumping puzzle. etc etc etc
discuss.

if you want this, then instead of 5 out of 9, make it

5 out of
every single day.

then you will have no more issues.
the achievement points hunters will have a lot on their hands everyday though.

Crab Toss Champion 0/1 not included since it is not permanent.

Ascalon, Kryta. Maguuma, Shiverpeak Mountains
1 – 4 [Regional] Event Completer 0/4
5 – 8 [Regional] Killer 0/40
9 – 12 [Regional] Veteran Killer 0/3
13 Ambient Killer 0/30
14 Condition Applier 0/50
15 Condition Remover 0/20
16 Costume Brawl Champion 0/1
17 Daily Aquatic Slayer 0/25
18 Daily Champion Slayer 0/1
19 Daily Crafter 0/10
20 Daily Dodger 0/15
21 Daily Events 0/5
22 Daily Feast 0/25
23 Daily Fractal Runner 0/1
24 Daily Gatherer 0/20
25 Daily Healer 0/10
26 Daily Kill Variety 0/13
27 Daily Kills 0/50
28 Daily Mists Caravan Disruptor 0/5
29 Daily Mists Invasion Defender 0/10
30 Daily Puzzle Jumper 0/1
31 Daily Puzzle Discoverer 0/3
32 Daily Veteran Slayer 0/5
33 Dungeon Completer 0/1
34 Event Mentor 0/5
35 Group Event Completer 0/2
36 Karma Spender 0/750
37 Keg Brawl Scorer
38 Keg Brawl Stealer
39 Keg Brawl Fumble Forcer
40 Leveler 0/1
41 Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
42 Personal Story Completer 0/1
43 Recycler 0/10
44 Skill Interruptor 0/15
45 Skill Point Accumulator 0/3
46 Story Dungeon Completer 0/1

every day,
players only need to 5 out of the 46 available dailies to get their daily rewards.
the 6th till 46th daily completed only gives an 5% increase on the exp bar

truly casual players who just want 5 / 46 for the daily rewards can just do 5 and ignore the rest.

everyone will be happy, yes?

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I feel half the point of Krytan Killer and Dailies in general is to put a bit of a focus on an area of the game each day. When Krytan Killer is in the list alongside events for example you will get far more people running around Queensdale doing stuff rather than being spread across all the maps.

A lot of MMOs suffer from empty zone syndrome, and this along with some other things at least helps alleviate it a bit.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I feel half the point of Krytan Killer and Dailies in general is to put a bit of a focus on an area of the game each day. When Krytan Killer is in the list alongside events for example you will get far more people running around Queensdale doing stuff rather than being spread across all the maps.

A lot of MMOs suffer from empty zone syndrome, and this along with some other things at least helps alleviate it a bit.

what if we made all 46 types of dailies available every single day?
anyone just need to complete 5 for their daily pve reward.
the remaining 41 can be done to get 2 skill points, or increase 2 levels for a non level 80s

1 – 4 [Regional] Event Completer 0/4
5 – 8 [Regional] Killer 0/40
9 – 12 [Regional] Veteran Killer 0/3
13 Ambient Killer 0/30
14 Condition Applier 0/50
15 Condition Remover 0/20
16 Costume Brawl Champion 0/1
17 Daily Aquatic Slayer 0/25
18 Daily Champion Slayer 0/1
19 Daily Crafter 0/10
20 Daily Dodger 0/15
21 Daily Events 0/5
22 Daily Feast 0/25
23 Daily Fractal Runner 0/1
24 Daily Gatherer 0/20
25 Daily Healer 0/10
26 Daily Kill Variety 0/13
27 Daily Kills 0/50
28 Daily Mists Caravan Disruptor 0/5
29 Daily Mists Invasion Defender 0/10
30 Daily Puzzle Jumper 0/1
31 Daily Puzzle Discoverer 0/3
32 Daily Veteran Slayer 0/5
33 Dungeon Completer 0/1
34 Event Mentor 0/5
35 Group Event Completer 0/2
36 Karma Spender 0/750
37 Keg Brawl Scorer
38 Keg Brawl Stealer
39 Keg Brawl Fumble Forcer
40 Leveler 0/1
41 Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
42 Personal Story Completer 0/1
43 Recycler 0/10
44 Skill Interruptor 0/15
45 Skill Point Accumulator 0/3
46 Story Dungeon Completer 0/1

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I just missed a week’s worth of dailies. And I will kitten well miss another day. Pretty sure no one is forcing me to do them.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

Let me put it another way.

People who have one main character have now had months and months to get 30 dailies or 20 dailies and a monthly to get an ascended amulet. The people that “need” an ascended amulet are people who do fractals level 40 or over and people who WvW who believe that somehow having a single item that isn’t best in slot is really affecting their game.

I believe only a tiny percentage of the player base does fractals over level 40 but wait, there’s more. Of that group that does fractals over 40, I believe only a small percentage of them do them with more than one character. So you have a small percentage of a small percentage who are inconvenienced by this problem. Hopefully those people are doing the ocassionally daily and monthly and saving their laurels in case they want to change builds.

The WvW issue is more vexing. Some people absolutely believe if they don’t have the BIS gear in every single slot, they’ll just die and die and die, because the people they’re fighting all have them.

This doesn’t take into account the fact that different professions built differently have a whole host of advantages anyway. For example, if you stack conditions and the other guy can remove them fast as you can stack them…you’re not going to beat him. If you depend on boons and someone else has a boon steal or boon strip build, you’re doom. That’s for the times you meet one on one, and you’re not in a zerg.

Anet has said time and time again WvW was never meant to be balanced for 1 v 1 and zerg v zerg should have roughly the same percentage of people who have ascended gear.

So like those who visit the fractals, what percentage of hard core WvWers believe they absolutely must have ascended gear in every slot and of those, what percentage uses multiple characters in WvW.

Sure, it’s a bit of a pain that you had to do the dailies for let’s say sixty days, but that should surely be mostly over now, considering how many months you’ve had to do them.

Conclusion…only a really REALLY small percentage of people are affected by this issue..that and some new players who never knew a time before ascended amulets existed and probably just see this as the way the game is.

dailies are forced atm

penatbater.4710

@wvw

you don’t need super BiS gear to survive. You need v/t gear to survive.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

who cares? so other mmos suck even harder. is this relevant in any way?

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea dailies feel like a dam job

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

yea dailies feel like a dam job

Then I’d suggest the problem lies with the way you look at video games, not with dailies.

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

who cares? so other mmos suck even harder. is this relevant in any way?

Sure it’s relevant. Dailies serve a purpose in ANY MMO. They save the same purpose in Guild Wars 2. Getting people not only into the game, but into specific areas. They’re a form of crowd control. They keep people playing and certain people happy. Some people really like that direction.

Now, if they are necessary for the health of a game (and I believe they are), then doing them better than other games is a huge improvement that shouldn’t be overlooked.3

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

As I had stated in a different thread, this is a problem that all MMOs face. The high level feeling of “entitlement” of some players can be disappointing. Never mind the fact that GW2 is subscription free (meaning you’re not required to pay monthly fees). Never mind the fact that Anet actually made it easier to complete Daily and Monthly achievements. Regardless of how much is done to help the players enjoy the game more, there’s this small percentage of the population who wants free stuff just given to them for little to no effort.

I don’t want free stuff handed to me, I want an alternative. Which is what most people opposed to dailies have argued for in this thread.

I’m not entitled to anything, except decent game design. Limiting a crucial item so you can only acquire it in 1 possible, incredibly grindy way is terrible game design. Make them sellable, make them cost ecto’s, make them drop in Fractals 40+, make them drop from critters, I don’t care, just give an alternative.

If your individual play-style is to only run Fractals or Dungeons, that’s your choice. Please don’t complain that Anet doesn’t fine tune the game’s mechanics to benefit only you. If you want do get a Daily, and you can’t do it with only FotM or CoF, get out of your comfort zone, and enjoy the other content that this game has available.

TIL people that run dungeons = people that only do CoF. I haven’t done CoF in over a month, and the only reason I did it was because I wanted some of the armor pieces for their skin.

My individual play style is to not do boring fluff. Open world PvE is boring fluff. Open world PvE is what gets you dailies usually.

All I want is an alternative to a broken system. The biggest problem with Anet atm is their stupid “Account bound” system that they slap on everything, even flipping drops.

dailies are forced atm

penatbater.4710

If dailies are forced…. does that mean every other time-gated raid content in every other game is also forced? “I’m forced to play this week. I’m forced to play this weekened” etc etc. -.-

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I like that dailies influence my decisions on what to or where to go on that day. I dont feel forced because I can choose not to complete a daily at any time. I missed plenty of dailies by choice or because more important things happened and did not complete roughly half of the monthlies since release, either. I am not forced to do them, you are not forced to do them. The whole topic is all about entitlement.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The WvW issue is more vexing. Some people absolutely believe if they don’t have the BIS gear in every single slot, they’ll just die and die and die, because the people they’re fighting all have them.

That’s just an excuse. People will find any excuse to prove that indeed, the game is biased against them, and if they “lose” it’s someone else’s fault.

Those scrubs most likely wouldn’t do any better with that 5% boost, and the fact they failed to realize it’s largely a number games anyways…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Although GW2 dailies are gentle, the rewards are too important to miss out on because of time-gated content.

Once we are awarded Laurels for non-daily activities, I get the feeling it will relief a lot of pressure.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Remove location restrictions.
Also include story,exp,fractal everyday.

People say dailies are to reward your little effort you spend in game. I like that idea but I don’t see it implemented that way atm.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: the Tom.1659

the Tom.1659

To summarize what Im about to write… it´s not the daily that is broken. It the playstyle.

Daily helps keep the environment fluid by making you do events, visiting various places, and thus the game doesn´t get stuck at “default” settings.
Same goes for WvW. Daily is easily done in there, and the whole world benefits, not just you.

Also, people who complain about not getting daily seem to be doing mostly two things: farming dungeons, and farming bosses. Why? Daily rewards for both! People who don´t do dungeons don´t complain about not getting tokens. Stop complaining about not getting laurels.

If you dont get daily from your daily “routine”, you´re playing quite boring and selfish game. Maybe it´s time for you to start playing GW as an MMO game.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

To summarize what Im about to write… it´s not the daily that is broken. It the playstyle.

Daily helps keep the environment fluid by making you do events, visiting various places, and thus the game doesn´t get stuck at “default” settings.
Same goes for WvW. Daily is easily done in there, and the whole world benefits, not just you.

Also, people who complain about not getting daily seem to be doing mostly two things: farming dungeons, and farming bosses. Why? Daily rewards for both! People who don´t do dungeons don´t complain about not getting tokens. Stop complaining about not getting laurels.

If you dont get daily from your daily “routine”, you´re playing quite boring and selfish game. Maybe it´s time for you to start playing GW as an MMO game.

Let me ask you. If you have one hour per day to play, will you go to whatever location required and get the dailies, or will you choose to do go play a dungeon which isn’t listed that day with your friends?

Yesterday was Sunday and I had more time than weekdays. I played with my guildies, did guild bounty in 2 maps, followed another bounty boss in fireheart rise and killed random mobs for half an hour, ran 2 paths of cof, bought 6 pieces of exotic armors for one of my toons, watched firework(yes, I really looked up), killed some holo, did all these with 4 toons. BUT I only got 40% of my dailies done. I think I played board enough. Or are you saying all the stuffs I did was useless and selfish?

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I didn’t used to have an issue with the daily. Just playing an hour a day, I’d get it done as I progressed through my mapping/storyline/whatever I was working on.

Now, I rarely actually achieve it in the hour or so I’m on a day. Of course, I’m not actively paying attention to it either, so I don’t know what the otpions are for that day. Is gathering an option? Maybe not. Kill variety? No, but ‘x’ number of underwater kills is….but if I don’t happen to do any underwater fighting, that really don’t do anything for me. When I’m focusing on the holiday/living story stuff, I’d normally have to go out of my way to complete my daily. And I guess, that’s fine…not how I’d like to see it, but I’ll manage.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

dailies are forced atm

penatbater.4710

Let me ask you. If you have one hour per day to play, will you go to whatever location required and get the dailies, or will you choose to do go play a dungeon which isn’t listed that day with your friends?

I would do what I wanted to do on that day. Then, 10min before time is up, I check my daily progression. If it seems I only need to do a few more stuff (crafting, underwater killer, a bunch of events @ certain locations, etc), I will use that remaining 10min to finish my daily. If it turns out I’m only 1/5 and the rest are a bit tedious, I’ll skip the daily for that day.

My happiness > daily.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I like the way they lay it out – I don’t have to do mists or PvP (the former I don’t yet know, the latter I don’t like much) because they give me a selection of PvE I can do instead.

There are areas in this game I’d never go without the dailies – shiverpeaks bores me, for one example.

But by having to run around in there, I learned there are spots I actually LIKE in Shiverpeaks.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I don’t want free stuff handed to me, I want an alternative. Which is what most people opposed to dailies have argued for in this thread.

I’m not entitled to anything, except decent game design. Limiting a crucial item so you can only acquire it in 1 possible, incredibly grindy way is terrible game design. Make them sellable, make them cost ecto’s, make them drop in Fractals 40+, make them drop from critters, I don’t care, just give an alternative.

TIL people that run dungeons = people that only do CoF. I haven’t done CoF in over a month, and the only reason I did it was because I wanted some of the armor pieces for their skin.

My individual play style is to not do boring fluff. Open world PvE is boring fluff. Open world PvE is what gets you dailies usually.

All I want is an alternative to a broken system. The biggest problem with Anet atm is their stupid “Account bound” system that they slap on everything, even flipping drops.

Seems you misunderstand how Daily and Monthly achievements work. You have a choice (from the list given) as to which tasks you want to complete. Don’t want to kill 10 World Invaders? An alternate choice is to Mystic Forge 5 times. Or go to a Kryta territory and rack up 40 kills.

The Daily and Monthly tasks are designed to get players to experience the world. If you feel PvE isn’t your thing, then don’t do the Daily or Monthly. Simple as that. You aren’t forced to complete them. Enjoy the game as you enjoy it. But if you insist on wanting to get your “free” Laurel(s) for the day/month, you have no right to complain, as it’s your choice to want them or not.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!