dailies are forced atm

dailies are forced atm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: the Tom.1659

the Tom.1659

Afya… sure I would go with my friends!

Again, I think Daily should be rewarded for helping your world! Not as a reward for getting two rewards from dungeons. Killing random mobs for half an hour… well, it sounds like you were killing the same bunch over again Guild mission… yes, well thats another reward in itself… I dont know how to help you, but maybe go through the list, and see where the Daily wants you to go, and maybe do stuff there, not in your favorite places where you usually do your thing? The daily changes, because it tries to make you change what you do, or you´d just get stuck in the same place, doint he same thing….

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

As forced as Leveling to 80, imo. The only thing that Laurels give you exclusively is the Amulet for 30 Laurels. That’s 20 days (20 dailies + 1 monthly) to get the amulet and you’re completely done. It’s only 10 days (10 dailies + 1 monthly) if you have 250 Badges of Honor.

Everything else has non-Laurel means of getting. Once you have your amulet, there’s no real reason to keep doing dailies.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Let me ask you. If you have one hour per day to play, will you go to whatever location required and get the dailies, or will you choose to do go play a dungeon which isn’t listed that day with your friends?

I would do what I wanted to do on that day. Then, 10min before time is up, I check my daily progression. If it seems I only need to do a few more stuff (crafting, underwater killer, a bunch of events @ certain locations, etc), I will use that remaining 10min to finish my daily. If it turns out I’m only 1/5 and the rest are a bit tedious, I’ll skip the daily for that day.

My happiness > daily.

That’s what I do too.

Before the change, I usually end up 3/5 or 4/5 after my “fun” everyday and it doesn’t take much more time to complete it, so I’ll go ahead and fill the rest.

Now it’s often 1/5 or 2/5 because all the mobs I killed isn’t in the “correct” region, I usually end up giving up. So it actually turns me away from exploring stuff more than before the change.

I like the more choices we now have, but the way it is implemented is worse for me.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Dailies are fine, except that they go against Anet’s philosophy of killing X amount of enemies to complete your quest.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Dailies are fine, except that they go against Anet’s philosophy of killing X amount of enemies to complete your quest.

Dailies are optional, thus there is no requirement to complete. They reward you just playing the game. So if you’re in Kryta, and end up killing 40 monsters, bonus for you.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Of course dailies are easy. They are just in general boring and frustrating – except a few, but they won’t get you more than 1/5, 2/5 anyway.

What bothers me and the OP probably too, is the fact that BiS gear is awarded for an acitivity that is neither challenging nor fun.

dailies are forced atm

Smooth Penguin.5294

Of course dailies are easy. They are just in general boring and frustrating – except a few, but they won’t get you more than 1/5, 2/5 anyway.

What bothers me and the OP probably too, is the fact that BiS gear is awarded for an acitivity that is neither challenging nor fun.

“Fun” is subjective. For me, doing a Dungeon is fun. Doing FotM is fun. Killing Invaders in WvW is fun (and challenging at times). Mining Orichalcum is fun. Killing things in a Kryta territory while attacking a World Boss is fun.

Sorry you don’t find it fun. Perhaps Guild Missions would be more up your alley? You can get BiS gear with the awards from those.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Seems you misunderstand how Daily and Monthly achievements work. You have a choice (from the list given) as to which tasks you want to complete. Don’t want to kill 10 World Invaders? An alternate choice is to Mystic Forge 5 times. Or go to a Kryta territory and rack up 40 kills.

You seem to misunderstand my point. I don’t care that it’s easy, it’s about as exciting as watching old people fart.

The Daily and Monthly tasks are designed to get players to experience the world. If you feel PvE isn’t your thing, then don’t do the Daily or Monthly. Simple as that. You aren’t forced to complete them. Enjoy the game as you enjoy it. But if you insist on wanting to get your “free” Laurel(s) for the day/month, you have no right to complain, as it’s your choice to want them or not.

Yeah, look, the thing is, I do enjoy PvE. I enjoy doing dungeons (not CoF. I’m not doing CoF ever again unless I want the armor skins) and high-level Fractals. The problem with me liking high-level fractals is that the Ascended Amulets are only attainable through dailies. And Ascended Amulets are a gear gate to 40+ fractals. Because I want to gear out all my characters with appropriate AR, I need to get them the Amulets, but for that I need to do dailies, which I like about as much as I like AIDS.

I’m not arguing to make the dailies easier, I’m arguing for alternatives for Ascended Amulets. Rings and backpieces you can get through Fractals or money (for the backpieces) and Trinkets can be acquired through Missions and dailies. I like missions, they’re fun and easy. Although I still think there should be more alternatives that are tied to Fractals for trinkets and amulets, because not everyone has access to a guild for missions, and not everyone enjoys doing dailies.

I don’t mind that they made ascended gear available through means that are not fractals, because I’m a fan of alternatives. But they should never have made Amulets and Trinkets unobtainable in Fractals, because that’s the area where they are most needed.

Their entire system to acquire Ascended gear is beyond kittened to me. There is nothing wrong with giving multiple options to acquire the items, but for some reason some dimwit Devs at Anet thought

Dev1: “I like doing dailies, I guess EVERYONE likes doing dailies! They’re easy and FUN!”

Dev2: “Hey, I got an idea, let’s make an item that you can ONLY acquire by doing dailies! I bet EVERYONE will love that, because EVERYONE will love doing dailies!”

Dev1: “Oh my god, you’re brilliant!”

Dev2: “Hey, and you know what, let’s make that item a necessary gear gate to high-end content, that way, people will love doing their dailies EVEN MORE!”

Dev1: “We sure are amazing and creative people, aren’t we?”

Dev2: “We sure are!”

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Okay, fun is subjective. But what do you think, if there is no world boss in Kryta at the moment and you have nothing to do in this place, is it still fun to TP there, kill 40 monsters then proceed somewhere else? Is it fun to TP near Twilight Arbor, kill 3 Veteran Mosshearts and TP out? Is throwing some dungeon loot into Mystic Toilet instead of selling it, a fun? Or crafting 10 Bolts of Silks out of 20 Silk Scraps?

And the most important question, is it fun to repeat such activities daily?

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Dailies are optional, thus there is no requirement to complete. They reward you just playing the game. So if you’re in Kryta, and end up killing 40 monsters, bonus for you.

Traditional quests are also optional though.
Besides that, dailies are in fact experienced as traditional quests. The intention might be that should you find yourself in Kryta, you will do part of today’s daily, but the reality is that today is kill 40 krytans day, so off to queensdale we go to see our % bar rise from 0 to 100.
The system ideally needs a revamp imo, but I wouldn’t put it high on my priorities list.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

To summarize what Im about to write… it´s not the daily that is broken. It the playstyle.

Daily helps keep the environment fluid by making you do events, visiting various places, and thus the game doesn´t get stuck at “default” settings.
Same goes for WvW. Daily is easily done in there, and the whole world benefits, not just you.

Also, people who complain about not getting daily seem to be doing mostly two things: farming dungeons, and farming bosses. Why? Daily rewards for both! People who don´t do dungeons don´t complain about not getting tokens. Stop complaining about not getting laurels.

If you dont get daily from your daily “routine”, you´re playing quite boring and selfish game. Maybe it´s time for you to start playing GW as an MMO game.

Let me ask you. If you have one hour per day to play, will you go to whatever location required and get the dailies, or will you choose to do go play a dungeon which isn’t listed that day with your friends?

Yesterday was Sunday and I had more time than weekdays. I played with my guildies, did guild bounty in 2 maps, followed another bounty boss in fireheart rise and killed random mobs for half an hour, ran 2 paths of cof, bought 6 pieces of exotic armors for one of my toons, watched firework(yes, I really looked up), killed some holo, did all these with 4 toons. BUT I only got 40% of my dailies done. I think I played board enough. Or are you saying all the stuffs I did was useless and selfish?

I’ll say you didn’t have half an eye on your dalies Anyone who does what you did and doesn’t almost have their daily is being completely ineffiicient. Take a look at the dailies, today for example.

Are you saying with all the stuff everything you did, you didn’t have enough loot to throw some whites/blues/greens in the mystic forge? Because that’s one of the dailies. If you have stuff, it takes what, 2 minutes?

Daily gatherer doesn’t take long at all, if you’re out farming holograms anyway. 4-5 minutes tops WHILE running around doing anything you want.

Krytan killer was one of them. You couldn’t kill 40 things in kryta….I don’t know farm your holograms IN Kryta, and you’d have gotten 40 kills from doing a handful of the projectors.

Condition applier. While killing those guys you really had NOTHING that applied a condition. Hell if you were playing with someone you couldn’t even find a fire or poison field to fire through? Not even in a dungeon?

If you did a couple of meta events, you should have gotten group event completer, and if all that fails, how long does it take a kill a few things in the water, or finish of a couple of events.

Half an inkling of what the dailies are and you’d have had your daily. If you don’t care about it at all, that’s not anyone’s problem but yours.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I don’t, personally, have any problem with the way the Dailies work, nor will I ever agree that Dailies, or any other game activity, are in any way forced on anybody.

But…

I didn’t realize until reading this thread that Ascended amulets are only available via laurels. Checking the wiki, it looks like Ascended accessories are available via laurels and guild missions. It does make sense to me that an item that is most useful in Fractals should be available through doing Fractals. Choosing only to play Fractals seems like just as valid a playstyle choice to me as only doing WvW or only doing sPVP. While players who prefer to stick to Fractals aren’t being forced to do Dailies, I could understand a little grumpiness about having to step outside their preferred playstyle if they want to acquire items that are really far more useful to them than to anybody else in the game.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

I don’t, personally, have any problem with the way the Dailies work, nor will I ever agree that Dailies, or any other game activity, are in any way forced on anybody.

But…

I didn’t realize until reading this thread that Ascended amulets are only available via laurels. Checking the wiki, it looks like Ascended accessories are available via laurels and guild missions. It does make sense to me that an item that is most useful in Fractals should be available through doing Fractals. Choosing only to play Fractals seems like just as valid a playstyle choice to me as only doing WvW or only doing sPVP. While players who prefer to stick to Fractals aren’t being forced to do Dailies, I could understand a little grumpiness about having to step outside their preferred playstyle if they want to acquire items that are really far more useful to them than to anybody else in the game.

Fractals have rings and back pieces available through them and it’s relatively easy to get an amulet. Most people who run fractals don’t run levels 40 plus and most of those don’t run 40 plus on multiple characters. We’re talking about having done 20 dailes and a monthly since laurels began or three monthlies or any combination of dailies and monthlies.

Everyone gets rings in fractals starting at level 10. Every ten fractal dailies you’re guaranteed a ring of your choice, but you will probably get several ring drops before that. Those rings can be infused, so that you get agony resistance native to them. You also have a back pack which you can get which can be made ascended, just by doing fractals.

Unless you’re doing fractals level 40 plus you don’t need an ascended amulet…and again, the largest majority of people, an overwhelming majority don’t do forty plus (particularly when so many people believe level 38 to be the sweet spot).

It’s a storm in a very small teacup. Most of those people complaining doing level 40 fractals have had their amulets for a long long time.

dailies are forced atm

crystal.5930

@Vayne, You obviously know far more about the way Fractals work than I do, so I’m going to take everything you’ve said as read. I’m not sure it changes my point, though, which is simply that I could understand some disgruntlement from this small group of players. I’m not advocating for Dailies to be changed; as I said, I think they’re fine. But it would make sense to me to add the Amulets and Accessories to the rewards you can get in Fractals. If the percentage of people doing those high level Fractals is really as small as you and I both believe it to be, then is it really all that critical to get them out into the open world?

I might have veered us a bit off-topic though, as the thread is about Dailies and not Fractals.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Some people seem to forget that the dailies are achievements. They are supposed to take some minute effort or consideration to complete. If you got them just too-ra-looing around, it wouldn’t be much of an achievement.

There is the opinion you should get them through “normal” play. Well there could be hundreds of different ideas as to what “normal” play would entail and there is just no way to please everyone.

The fact you have a list, of which you can choose five items that fit into or around what you like to do, is more flexible a way to obtain an achievement than most other games offer.

As far as laurels, there are around 40 available per month. That you can get from mix and matching PvP, WvW and PvE daily and monthly achievements. As long as you aren’t snobby about being anti-specific-game-mode, then there is plenty of room to diversify your content without grinding and repeating the same thing over and over.

Equipment:
- Just over 40 laurels per month is enough to get an ascended amulet and infusion of your choice.

-Do the daily rank 10 fractal run here and there and you’ll likely get another ring from the daily chest or maw chest. At the least you’ll get a pristine relic, 10 of those trades for an ascended ring of your choice. OR you can get one from WvW with 250 commendations.

- Join a guild that does guild events. You can get a max of 12 merits per week which trade in for an accessory.

“But I dont like PvP…I dont like WvW…I dont like Fractals…I dont want to PvE…I dont want to play in a guild” … oh get over yourselves. The methods and content are there. You play the game to earn the stuff. It’s really juvenile to blame the game for not throwing you the things you want fast enough when you as a player voluntarily ignore half of the paths to that goal.

And if you want achievements, like dailies, and the rewards that come with them, then earn it. This isn’t little league. You don’t get a trophy just for showing up.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

@Vayne, You obviously know far more about the way Fractals work than I do, so I’m going to take everything you’ve said as read. I’m not sure it changes my point, though, which is simply that I could understand some disgruntlement from this small group of players. I’m not advocating for Dailies to be changed; as I said, I think they’re fine. But it would make sense to me to add the Amulets and Accessories to the rewards you can get in Fractals. If the percentage of people doing those high level Fractals is really as small as you and I both believe it to be, then is it really all that critical to get them out into the open world?

I might have veered us a bit off-topic though, as the thread is about Dailies and not Fractals.

I don’t think it’s off topic, because one of the biggest complains about dailies is that laurels are the only way to get ascended amulets.

I’m up to level 20 fractals now. I don’t have 2 rings. I have about eight rings in my chest, after giving my six level 80s rings that fit their build. I have rings coming out of my….ears.

The ascended backpack costs 1350 fractal tokens and another 500 to make it ascended. It’s 75 fractals for a simple infusion.

I have earrings I’ve gotten from guild missions (2 for my fractal character) and an amulet from dailies. I’m pretty much set to level 40…but I doubt I’ll ever do a level 40. I don’t even think I’ll get up to level 38.

This content was designed for people who want to grind. That’s what it was put there. I’m not one of those people.

And you know, I agree there should be other ways to get ascended amulets. It’s not a bad point. I just think that it would affect fractal runners a whole lot less than most people think.

And let’s not forget one important thing. A lot of WvW players feel they NEED BIS gear in every slot. Is it fair to make them run fractals just to get stuff?

dailies are forced atm

crystal.5930

And you know, I agree there should be other ways to get ascended amulets. It’s not a bad point. I just think that it would affect fractal runners a whole lot less than most people think.

Okay, I can’t argue that point. I think I might be on level 3 Fractals or something; it’s been a long time since I’ve done them. My thinking was that when you get into the higher levels where you’re dealing with Agony, that getting every little bit of resistance you can is going to be critical to your success, which is what I meant when I said the items were far more useful to them than to anybody else. If that’s not the case, I’ll stand corrected.

And let’s not forget one important thing. A lot of WvW players feel they NEED BIS gear in every slot. Is it fair to make them run fractals just to get stuff?

I have done quite a bit of WvW and my answer to them would be “no, you really don’t.” Which I guess is exactly what you’re saying to those who are saying they need the items for Fractals.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

To summarize what Im about to write… it´s not the daily that is broken. It the playstyle.

Daily helps keep the environment fluid by making you do events, visiting various places, and thus the game doesn´t get stuck at “default” settings.
Same goes for WvW. Daily is easily done in there, and the whole world benefits, not just you.

Also, people who complain about not getting daily seem to be doing mostly two things: farming dungeons, and farming bosses. Why? Daily rewards for both! People who don´t do dungeons don´t complain about not getting tokens. Stop complaining about not getting laurels.

If you dont get daily from your daily “routine”, you´re playing quite boring and selfish game. Maybe it´s time for you to start playing GW as an MMO game.

Yesterday was Sunday and I had more time than weekdays. I played with my guildies, did guild bounty in 2 maps, followed another bounty boss in fireheart rise and killed random mobs for half an hour, ran 2 paths of cof, bought 6 pieces of exotic armors for one of my toons, watched firework(yes, I really looked up), killed some holo, did all these with 4 toons. BUT I only got 40% of my dailies done. I think I played board enough. Or are you saying all the stuffs I did was useless and selfish?

I’ll say you didn’t have half an eye on your dalies Anyone who does what you did and doesn’t almost have their daily is being completely ineffiicient. Take a look at the dailies, today for example.

Are you saying with all the stuff everything you did, you didn’t have enough loot to throw some whites/blues/greens in the mystic forge? Because that’s one of the dailies. If you have stuff, it takes what, 2 minutes?

Daily gatherer doesn’t take long at all, if you’re out farming holograms anyway. 4-5 minutes tops WHILE running around doing anything you want.

Krytan killer was one of them. You couldn’t kill 40 things in kryta….I don’t know farm your holograms IN Kryta, and you’d have gotten 40 kills from doing a handful of the projectors.

Condition applier. While killing those guys you really had NOTHING that applied a condition. Hell if you were playing with someone you couldn’t even find a fire or poison field to fire through? Not even in a dungeon?

If you did a couple of meta events, you should have gotten group event completer, and if all that fails, how long does it take a kill a few things in the water, or finish of a couple of events.

Half an inkling of what the dailies are and you’d have had your daily. If you don’t care about it at all, that’s not anyone’s problem but yours.

Of course if I went to read the to-do-list and just follow it’s easy to get. I wouldn’t have followed the fire legion bounty boss but I’d follow one in Krytan thus I’d kill holo, events in that part of Tyria. However people always say daily comes from just playing. I just don’t see that in with the region restriction. Note that list is my Sunday experience which is much much longer than my weekday gw2 life. On weekdays I’d do a fractal/dungeon. After that I check how much daily is left, if it’s too much effort I’ll just call it a day.

I believe some of the dailies can always stay on the list if they want to keep the regional stuff. For example, revive, dodge, kill variety (but obviously no ambient). These can be obtained in all PVE including dungeons/fractals and would definitely make me more happy.

edit:
But well, you’re right, I don’t really need laurel anymore and I don’t feel like grinding it. If it really have some change and just comes by itself, great. But if not, it’s not like I’ll be in huge disadvantage of anything.
I still have the monthly which really is no grind to me.

(edited by Afya.5842)

dailies are forced atm

Smooth Penguin.5294

Seems you misunderstand how Daily and Monthly achievements work. You have a choice (from the list given) as to which tasks you want to complete. Don’t want to kill 10 World Invaders? An alternate choice is to Mystic Forge 5 times. Or go to a Kryta territory and rack up 40 kills.

You seem to misunderstand my point. I don’t care that it’s easy, it’s about as exciting as watching old people fart.

The Daily and Monthly tasks are designed to get players to experience the world. If you feel PvE isn’t your thing, then don’t do the Daily or Monthly. Simple as that. You aren’t forced to complete them. Enjoy the game as you enjoy it. But if you insist on wanting to get your “free” Laurel(s) for the day/month, you have no right to complain, as it’s your choice to want them or not.

Yeah, look, the thing is, I do enjoy PvE. I enjoy doing dungeons (not CoF. I’m not doing CoF ever again unless I want the armor skins) and high-level Fractals. The problem with me liking high-level fractals is that the Ascended Amulets are only attainable through dailies. And Ascended Amulets are a gear gate to 40+ fractals. Because I want to gear out all my characters with appropriate AR, I need to get them the Amulets, but for that I need to do dailies, which I like about as much as I like AIDS.

I’m not arguing to make the dailies easier, I’m arguing for alternatives for Ascended Amulets. Rings and backpieces you can get through Fractals or money (for the backpieces) and Trinkets can be acquired through Missions and dailies. I like missions, they’re fun and easy. Although I still think there should be more alternatives that are tied to Fractals for trinkets and amulets, because not everyone has access to a guild for missions, and not everyone enjoys doing dailies.

I don’t mind that they made ascended gear available through means that are not fractals, because I’m a fan of alternatives. But they should never have made Amulets and Trinkets unobtainable in Fractals, because that’s the area where they are most needed.

Their entire system to acquire Ascended gear is beyond kittened to me. There is nothing wrong with giving multiple options to acquire the items, but for some reason some dimwit Devs at Anet thought

Dev1: “I like doing dailies, I guess EVERYONE likes doing dailies! They’re easy and FUN!”

Dev2: “Hey, I got an idea, let’s make an item that you can ONLY acquire by doing dailies! I bet EVERYONE will love that, because EVERYONE will love doing dailies!”

Dev1: “Oh my god, you’re brilliant!”

Dev2: “Hey, and you know what, let’s make that item a necessary gear gate to high-end content, that way, people will love doing their dailies EVEN MORE!”

Dev1: “We sure are amazing and creative people, aren’t we?”

Dev2: “We sure are!”

I will agree that there should be another option to exchange, like Pristine Relics + Ecto or something for Ascended Amulets. I have a boat load just sitting in my bank, since I get so many Rings from FotM dailies. But another alternative to getting BiS that’s already in game is to do Guild Missions. They are some of the most fun and challenging aspects of the game. Without proper coordination though, you’ll fail each time, so keep that in mind.

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

I will agree that there should be another option to exchange, like Pristine Relics + Ecto or something for Ascended Amulets. I have a boat load just sitting in my bank, since I get so many Rings from FotM dailies. But another alternative to getting BiS that’s already in game is to do Guild Missions. They are some of the most fun and challenging aspects of the game. Without proper coordination though, you’ll fail each time, so keep that in mind.

Guild missions can only give you trinkets, not Amulets. And giving Amulets to guild commendation traders won’t solve the problem either.

There should be other ways to acquire Ascended items outside of stupid time gates like Missions (6 comms/week) or Dailies/monthlies (max 38/40/41 per month). Because all they really did was make the Ascended gear a boring time grind rather than somewhat of a ‘challenge’ like the rings were. Although I still have my beef with Fractals and RNG but that’s mainly pointed at weapons, and although I admit that the ring system in Fractals is not optimal and also serves as some kind of time gate, I still think it’s better than the Laurels/Comms system.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Guild missions can only give you trinkets, not Amulets. And giving Amulets to guild commendation traders won’t solve the problem either.

There should be other ways to acquire Ascended items outside of stupid time gates like Missions (6 comms/week) or Dailies/monthlies (max 38/40/41 per month). Because all they really did was make the Ascended gear a boring time grind rather than somewhat of a ‘challenge’ like the rings were. Although I still have my beef with Fractals and RNG but that’s mainly pointed at weapons, and although I admit that the ring system in Fractals is not optimal and also serves as some kind of time gate, I still think it’s better than the Laurels/Comms system.

ANet thought they were making a game where none of these measures were necessary. Single-minded players fairly quickly attained what they wanted and demanded more. Now, we have time-gating and RNG gating, just like most other MMO’s. If there’s a better way to slow down those who throw themselves at what they want relentlessly , I’d like to hear it.

That said — as I’ve said before — ANet should have devised multiple means to acquire each of the Ascended gear types before they implemented them. However, they’re rushing everything out – probably because a voracious player-base gobbles everything down. Maybe you’ll get what you want with time. I certainly hope so.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I play fractals with 2 classes: warrior and guardian and I’m raising a thief so for me the time gate is a problem.

Also, I can play pvp with necro, thief, enigneer and guardian. I don’t really like to start a fight in wvw knowing that my opponent has:

Main attribute: 62 more stat point, 12% better than exotics.
Secondary attribute: 30 more stat points, 8.5% better than exotics.
% attribute: ascended has 8 more percentage points, 22% better than exotics.

And since I roam solo or in a 5 men party is not like I won’t be required to play 100% to make a difference.

I mostly play dungeons and I rarely get more than 1/5, wvw and pvp being something I do when I’m up for some variety so yes, I have to actually pursue my daily every day. Those 30 minutes I spend doing the daily could be spent for a path run, that means I’m losing 30 minutes of something I like to do to go chop the tree-kill the rabbit.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

This is ridiculous.

We have a lot of choices when it comes to doing the daily, but all I see is people saying,
“Well, I don’t want to WvW”
“I don’t want to cut down trees”
“I don’t want to go to a different zone”
“I don’t want to kill things underwater”
“I don’t want to kill things at all”
“I’m a full glass cannon, so I can’t remove conditions” (This person is an idiot)
“If I can’t find a giant pile of corpses within 5 minutes of logging in, there’s no way I’m doing daily reviver”

And then the best part:

“Arenanet lied when they said I would be able to play the way I want to.”

I’ll go ahead and apologize for Arenanet for assuming that you’d want to actually play the game.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Because, you know, dungeoning for 5 hours is not playing the game.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

With all the QQ I hear, I wonder what people spend on their laurels =/ I stopped doing dailies (coz of lag) for a week or two now, but I still have around 60+.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its actually worse than that because they initially said we were going to have multiple ways to get ascended items. It then took months to even get the partial alternate in the WvW vendors. And backpieces are still only available by doing fractals apart from 1 which has a highly specific set of stats.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

dailies are forced atm

penatbater.4710

Its actually worse than that because they initially said we were going to have multiple ways to get ascended items. It then took months to even get the partial alternate in the WvW vendors. And backpieces are still only available by doing fractals apart from 1 which has a highly specific set of stats.

At least we see progress, eh? I predict in the future, we will have more ways to get ascended stuff.

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

No, you can craft all the back pieces in the Mystic Forge as well, you just need 1 vial of condensed mist essense, and although, yes, I agree that that isn’t really optimal either, since not everyone likes to grind fractals in the off chance they might get a vial, but at least it’s still a better system than the Amulets, because hey, we got an alternative that includes money to get what we want.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Dailies and monthlies exist, at least in any game I’ve played in or near the genre. They are actually in the best state they have been, imo, since release. In the old days you had to do fractals and/or WvW to get the monthly reward and it is significant. In the old days you had a fixed list; today you can choose the one’s that best fit your playstyle.

I agree that daily rewards should accrue from daily play, naturally, according to your playstyle. But, that said, I’m not going to complain about where Anet has taken it. The dailies/monthlies, for me, are there, but there in the background. I have no complaints about the way they have managed this aspect of the game.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

tbh if i run two fractals for 3 hours and then like 6 dungeons afterwards and I’m sitting at 2/5, that’s a problem.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Dailies are to encourage people to get out into the open world and repopulate the desolate zones. So its actually pretty common that after running dungeons and fractals you may only be at 2/5.

I have the same problem with WvW.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

dailies are forced atm

pullnointer.1476

Dailies are to encourage people to get out into the open world and repopulate the desolate zones. So its actually pretty common that after running dungeons and fractals you may only be at 2/5.

wrong way to do it. forcing people to get ascended gear so they are competitive/can do fractals by making them do the easiest thing in the game repeatedly? strong.

dailies are forced atm

penatbater.4710

tbh if i run two fractals for 3 hours and then like 6 dungeons afterwards and I’m sitting at 2/5, that’s a problem.

cut down 1 dungeon run, and you’ll finish your daily.

dailies are forced atm

pullnointer.1476

no?

dailies are forced atm

penatbater.4710

no?

So… in this case, doing a dungeon is clearly more important for you than your daily (which is totally cool, no problem there). What’s the problem then?

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Did anyone mention how fast you get your dailes done when you WvW??

a daily shouldn’t be something you have to actively focus on. just randomly doing whatever you want ingame for 20 minutes should award you with it.

That’s taking ‘casual’ way toooo far….

Maybe if ‘dailies’ directly gave the Crafting materials instead… that these things were built from, I’d say okay… go do your 20 minutes of fuffing about for them b/c atleast Crafting still enhances the game’s economy when everyone participates equally in it… but no, this thread’s gonna get laughed at by most old school MMO’ers… (EDIT: looks like I’m way too late there…. so maybe this was just a troll thread?)

(edited by ilr.9675)

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No, you can craft all the back pieces in the Mystic Forge as well, you just need 1 vial of condensed mist essense,

Which is only available via doing fractals.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: lover.8351

lover.8351

a daily shouldn’t be something you have to actively focus on. just randomly doing whatever you want ingame for 20 minutes should award you with it. otherwise it feels forced and will alienate players.
what I’m saying: you do a fractal, boom daily done. or a dungeon. or level up. or a story quest. or a jumping puzzle. etc etc etc
discuss.

I do wvw for 20 minutes and get my dailies done without even noticing the progress. I just get a chest that pops up randomly and I’m like, “Did I rank up? Oh hey, karma and laurels!”

dailies are forced atm

pullnointer.1476

Did anyone mention how fast you get your dailes done when you WvW??

a daily shouldn’t be something you have to actively focus on. just randomly doing whatever you want ingame for 20 minutes should award you with it.

That’s taking ‘casual’ way toooo far….

Maybe if ‘dailies’ directly gave the Crafting materials instead… that these things were built from, I’d say okay… go do your 20 minutes of fuffing about for them b/c atleast Crafting still enhances the game’s economy when everyone participates equally in it… but no, this thread’s gonna get laughed at by most old school MMO’ers… (EDIT: looks like I’m way too late there…. so maybe this was just a troll thread?)

this has nothing to do with casualism or the fact that most games are dumbed down to death nowadays. it has everything to do with forcing players to do even more stupid, time consuming grind for the sake of having ascended gear, which has better stats than exotic and is required for fractals.

dailies are forced atm

pullnointer.1476

no?

So… in this case, doing a dungeon is clearly more important for you than your daily (which is totally cool, no problem there). What’s the problem then?

read my post above

dailies are forced atm

Smooth Penguin.5294

no?

read my post above

If you only want to do Dungeons, and refuse to attempt to do a few other random tasks outside of your comfort zone, then Dailies aren’t for you. Problem solved!

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

No, you can craft all the back pieces in the Mystic Forge as well, you just need 1 vial of condensed mist essense,

Which is only available via doing fractals.

Wow, you are the most selective reader I have ever seen… You can even see the comma there that had an entire sentence behind it saying that I too think the system is not optimal, but still better than the current “Dailies or gtfo system” you have for the amulets.

dailies are forced atm

Bright.9160

Dailies aren’t forced! Now, penatbater, you better don’t do as much dungeons as you like, because otherwise you can’t finish your dailies.

dailies are forced atm

Vayne.8563

Dailies aren’t forced! Now, penatbater, you better don’t do as much dungeons as you like, because otherwise you can’t finish your dailies.

Whether or not you can accomplish them with your play style is irrelevant to whether they are forced….this is a bad argument.

The only way you can say they’re forced is because there is a piece of equipment you can only get from doing them. Since not everyone believes they need that piece of equipment, only the people who do believe it will find dailies forced.

And kitten quite right. If you don’t find them important enough to do, you won’t do them. If you do, you will.

It’s hardly rocket science.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye it is impossible to please or satisfy everyone.

the complaints will keep on coming!

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

I don’t believe the issue is with the actual daily/monthly laurel system. It works just fine for those who are doing open world PvE, which I believe it was intended to reward.

The issue is with ascended items being limited to certain things.

I should be able to get a back piece, an amulet, rings and earrings from any of the following:

- Laurels
- Fractals
- Guild Commendations
- WvW

Playing the way you want to play should then reward access to ALL ascended slots, yes?
Also those players like myself who have 13 level 80s would be able to do all of the above to get our characters fitted out rather than feeling punished for being an alt lover.

The biggest nightmare in this game where something feels like a chore is when I need an ascended back piece, then I need to find a group to go into the hell hole that is the Fractal thingies. As a WvW guild leader, it’s impossible unless I pug, which is far too painful. Give us another way to get back pieces please for the love of turtles.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

dailies are forced atm

pullnointer.1476

I don’t believe the issue is with the actual daily/monthly laurel system. It works just fine for those who are doing open world PvE, which I believe it was intended to reward.

The issue is with ascended items being limited to certain things.

I should be able to get a back piece, an amulet, rings and earrings from any of the following:

- Laurels
- Fractals
- Guild Commendations
- WvW

Playing the way you want to play should then reward access to ALL ascended slots, yes?
Also those players like myself who have 13 level 80s would be able to do all of the above to get our characters fitted out rather than feeling punished for being an alt lover.

The biggest nightmare in this game where something feels like a chore is when I need an ascended back piece, then I need to find a group to go into the hell hole that is the Fractal thingies. As a WvW guild leader, it’s impossible unless I pug, which is far too painful. Give us another way to get back pieces please for the love of turtles.

agreed tho

Attachments:

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

…players like myself who have 13 level 80s….

I wouldn’t say there would be lots of players with 13 level 80s… but wow, i have to say you got more than your money’s worth from this game.

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

wrong way to do it. forcing people to get ascended gear so they are competitive/can do fractals by making them do the easiest thing in the game repeatedly? strong.

Yeah, I’m not a fan. My complaint with daily activities is not that they are “required” its that they aren’t fun. Often people comment that it doesn’t matter that they aren’t fun because they are easy. To me this makes no difference, a boring task is boring whether or not it’s easy.

With all the QQ I hear, I wonder what people spend on their laurels =/ I stopped doing dailies (coz of lag) for a week or two now, but I still have around 60+.

Gear for alts. So far I have bought four amulets, and a ring.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

dailies are forced atm

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

…players like myself who have 13 level 80s….

I wouldn’t say there would be lots of players with 13 level 80s… but wow, i have to say you got more than your money’s worth from this game.

19 Character slots overall

This game has so much to give. I love the world exploration and lore. Each class is different, each build unique. I can theorycraft all day long without getting frustrated. Every aspect of GW2 I enjoy

And us altaholics are not so rare, I find GW1 vets tend to take advantage of GW2’s infinite possibilities when it comes to making characters. Theres also few of us in our guild with many many alts geared, simply to cater to whatever the WvW guild raid needs.

Back on topic.
Either make dailies character based, so I can do them for each one. Or increase what I can buy with other currencies! Thanks

S/F Asuran Elementalist