digital collectors upgrade

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lenn.6347

Lenn.6347

is this free upgrade only available to new buyers? if i already bought the game in august, can i upgrade for free still?

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

The “Free upgrade” is when you buy a new account.

Normally the prices are Basic: $59, Deluxe: $79.
Now the prices are Basic:$59, Deluxe: $59. So the upgrade is free.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Lenn.6347

there’s no option to split the difference and acquire the upgrade later then? TERA had this, where you could buy the original, and upgrade for 10$ more to the digital collectors, so i was curious

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

You can upgrade to the digital deluxe in game as well. You can buy it for 2000 gems. Which is like $35 or something or you can farm it up with gold.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

2000 Gems is actually $25 worth of Gems. Should really only be 1600 Gems, since that is $20 worth of Gems, and the difference between Digital and Digital Deluxe is $20.

Posted by: StormGryffen.7638

StormGryffen.7638

The cost is actually 2000 gems, which is $25. I guess they decided to charge an additional $5 over the total you would have paid if you just got the deluxe version outright. I’m hoping that the deluxe upgrade on the marketplace goes on sale in the next few days.. I might be willing to pay something like $12.50 for the upgrade, personally, but not $25. >.>

Lenn.6347

The cost is actually 2000 gems, which is $25. I guess they decided to charge an additional $5 over the total you would have paid if you just got the deluxe version outright. I’m hoping that the deluxe upgrade on the marketplace goes on sale in the next few days.. I might be willing to pay something like $12.50 for the upgrade, personally, but not $25. >.>

likewise. i saw the ad in my inbox, and got all excited, only to see it’s for new players. then i was sad :|

Posted by: Lucky Thirteen X.4210

Lucky Thirteen X.4210

Same here. I purchased the Gems to get the digital upgrade before using my Standard edition code, then realized it would be cheaper to purchase the retail box digital deluxe or Collector’s at some website. Since I have since used my standard as I could not locate a cheap collector’s, I am waiting for a a sale the digital upgrade and using those Gems on Black Friday deals.

Posted by: Snowcrash.4051

Snowcrash.4051

Thats kind of crappy for us loyal folks that have been playing since day one.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I pre-purchased the collector’s edition for my son.
It’s not worth it.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

collector’s is dumb seiosly that elite skill that u got is the worst in this game man worse even then some normal skills u summon wolf ho instnat dies or move like noob not doin ANY DMG

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Yea it is reslly crappy. I pre purchased the regular edition, but can’t upgrade with some discount. 20 $ is just to much money for what you get I think. But 5 $ maybe worth it..

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

Theres nothing in the DD worth the $20 difference. Heck, I wouldnt buy the upgrade even if it only cost me ~$5 lol.

Dexson