do u wanna pvp with pve gear? *not in WvW*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hi!

simple survey time!

do u wanna pvp with pve gear?
not inside WvW, that is.

what if, there is a way for people to pvp using pve gear, but it does not take place inside WvW grounds.

do you (the guild wars 2 general discussions forum community) want something like this?

so what do you think?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Yeah, it’s called Dueling, a lot of people want it. There’s a long thread of it somewhere actually. But I think you’re suggesting using PvE gear in sPvP(?)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t care for it for myself, but have no objection to the feature for others as long as it is implemented in ways that prevent it from being intrusive (auto-decline) or obstructionist (restricted from areas like gathering places for RP, conversation, or business).

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Yeah, it’s called Dueling, a lot of people want it. There’s a long thread of it somewhere actually. But I think you’re suggesting using PvE gear in sPvP(?)

well, yes, but it seems like anet is not going implement dueling.

hmmm nah. spvp will be using pvp gear.

i am talking about making new private instance of pvp game rooms, with pve gear.

actually, i posted about a world editor thing where people can create their own rooms, set their own rules, but no one seems to bother and some mod shoved that thread into the forum graveyard (the suggestions forum where no one goes)

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I don’t care for it for myself, but have no objection to the feature for others as long as it is implemented in ways that prevent it from being intrusive (auto-decline) or obstructionist (restricted from areas like gathering places for RP, conversation, or business).

what if, people could
- choose any map in the game
- draw boundary lines
- create a separate overflow, a custom game room
- set their own rules
- anyone can join those custom game rooms, via custom game room browser

when i say, set your own custom rules, i meant the following:

downed state: on / off
main hand weapon: on / off
off hand weapon: on / off
1 handed weapons only: on / off
2 handed weapons only: on / off
healing skill: on / off
utility skills: on / off / disable 1 / disable 2
elite skill: on / off
traits: on / off
level scaling: 1 – 80
gear type: spvp / pve
movement speed: 0% / +25% / +33% / +50%
maximum health:
damage:
boon duration:
condition duration:
etc

spawn all possible types of weapons found in the game, engineer’s health packs, condition cleanser, power ups etc.

spawn all possible NPCs, etc.
spawn bushes, trees, destructible boxes etc.

etc etc.

set your own rules!
choose your own play ground!
make your own death match arena!
remove downed state!
etc

this way … it will not be intrusive …
what do you think?

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

what if, people could…

Sounds like that would meet my criteria — assuming that the boundary lines are not obtrusive. I still wouldn’t partake, but don’t mind if others do. I suspect that for ease of programming, the instanced areas would be from a limited number of maps, and that they would not obtrude on the existing open world — because that would mean a lot more programming. I’m not sure if that would meet the desires of the pro-duelists who want to fight in many different interesting locations, but I guess that’s what this thread is about.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what if, people could…

Sounds like that would meet my criteria — assuming that the boundary lines are not obtrusive. I still wouldn’t partake, but don’t mind if others do. I suspect that for ease of programming, the instanced areas would be from a limited number of maps, and that they would not obtrude on the existing open world — because that would mean a lot more programming. I’m not sure if that would meet the desires of the pro-duelists who want to fight in many different interesting locations, but I guess that’s what this thread is about.

when i say
- draw boundary lines
- separate overflow

errr i mean it is kinda like a private game room,
so yes, it would not disturb anyone in the open world pve.

yes, a private room for people to duke it out, their way.
not disturbing anyone else.

and i think they can make monies from this.

i see many “custom arena” in spvp but it feels like those “custom arena” are like empty 100% of the time. or those “custom arena” owners just use them for glory / rank farming etc.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

what if, people could…

when i say
- draw boundary lines
- separate overflow

errr i mean it is kinda like a private game room,
so yes, it would not disturb anyone in the open world pve.

yes, a private room for people to duke it out, their way.
not disturbing anyone else.

and i think they can make monies from this.

i see many “custom arena” in spvp but it feels like those “custom arena” are like empty 100% of the time. or those “custom arena” owners just use them for glory / rank farming etc.

As interesting as that sounds, it’ll never happen. I think the closest thing we COULD get to that would be an Open World PvP server or, as mentioned before, a dueling mechanic.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I have suggested this on spvp section like 7 months ago. yes i want this and is one of the main three reasons i don’t pvp much excluding solo roaming in wvw.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i am talking about making new private instance of pvp game rooms, with pve gear.

actually, i posted about a world editor thing where people can create their own rooms, set their own rules, but no one seems to bother and some mod shoved that thread into the forum graveyard (the suggestions forum where no one goes)

Why don’t they just copy/paste Fort Aspenwood from gw1!? We could use all our pve gear in there and it was fun as kitten

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

actually in an interview with matt visual and colin, colin said that he is going to be implementing Guild halls and dueling, he just doesnt want it rushed

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Colin was asked about dueling in his PAX interview. He said it’s something they would still like to do eventually. sigh

At this rate, I may as well go back to WoW, because that’s what GW2 is slowly turning into….another WoW clone. Just with better scenery and graphics.

Many of you will argue and that’s fine, but as a GW1 vet, taking a step back and looking at all the “mmo features” that were added to make gw2 “more of a mmo” just makes it more like WoW…the original mmo, by which every other mmo is ever measured. It steps further and further away from GW1, further backward in its uniqueness. It is disheartening to say the least.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.