does anyone else have a problem with alts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Necronos.6095

Necronos.6095

After playing all this time and getting a warrior to 80, I really can’t decide what class to play. I have one of every class, but i am stuck. Does anyone else have this problem?

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

Yep, we’re called alt-o-holics!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No, I play different professions all the time. It enhances my game experience to be able to change up so much. It seems odd to me that there is some indecision when it comes to playing another profession. This may seem rude but it isn’t like a real life career move. It’s easy to play for a bit and say, “Okay ‘X’ profession isn’t for me.” then try something else. I often find that when I switch back to an alt I took a break from I find more interesting ways to play it.

The Burninator

Necronos.6095

Cool! i really just needed to see that i was not alone in my AltADD.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

As of now 36 characters, 12 level 80’s and I’m tempted to buy yet another char slot this evening.

My solution to your dilema is to create yet another alt! I have found it quite fun playing a class I’ve already leveled to 80 and geared in a diferent race. Give it a shot and maybe you’ll become addicted to!

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I switch between characters all the time. I am currently only leveling four characters because the other 5 are already 80. I play them depending on what I want to do. Node farm in Orr = Necromancer time.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I have one of each class, all level 80, and I try to play them equally. Right now my ranger is getting Been There Done That so he gets played more but after that….. :-) I feel it enhances the game to play multiple professions. I don’t get bored with the skill set of just one profession if I am constantly switching around.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I have nine characters but only two so far have got to L80. I try to give all my ‘children’ equal time but often it gets quite hilarious when I mix them up in my head and the button mashing in the face of danger can get quite hectic. I would describe my playing skills as ‘jack of all trades, master of none’. I do believe I am addicted to that creation screen though and the urge to buy another character slot is almost daily battle. I have to ask myself if I really want to do that rabbit food heart again (or the baby Dolyak one) and that curbs my enthusiasm for a while.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Yep, we’re called alt-o-holics!

I was an alt-o-holic in GW with 15 characters 13 were just mules to store my coinage and my large assortment of materials/minipets/armor and weapons and only played 2, my main being a Ranger and my Monk farmer. In GW2 I only have 1 character, that being a lowly Ranger/farmer.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have 18 characters, but pretty much four mains….well 3.5 mains. lol

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

I’ve got one of each class, and five 80s, but since I states going for kudzu for my main the others have fallen behind… I wish you could get T6 mats in any downscaled zone..

Ive also tried warrior and mesmer about 5 times each and I just can’t get to liking them that much.

Out of 900 hours played, only 303 on my “main”

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Build diversity in this game is so bad you need to play 3 chars just to experience the same level of diversity I’d expect to have from 1 char.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Altaholisim is a fairly new condition that is currently not a clinically accepted condition even though there is a wide amount of studies there is still is no consensus amongst medical professionals

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I don’t suffer from altoholism, I enjoy every minute of it.

(edited by darkace.8925)

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

As of now 36 characters, 12 level 80’s and I’m tempted to buy yet another char slot this evening.

My solution to your dilema is to create yet another alt! I have found it quite fun playing a class I’ve already leveled to 80 and geared in a diferent race. Give it a shot and maybe you’ll become addicted to!

Wow….I want that many characters

You also have good advice, I had a sylvari mesmer which I really hated and a human engineer, I switch the mesmer to norn and the engineer to sylvari and now I’m really happy with the out come. If you’re really picky with your characters, you should experiment with different races as well.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

(edited by Lunar Sunset.8742)

Necronos.6095

Geez i thought i had it bad, kitten ! well thank all of you for the support. Maybe we should start a AA thread for ppl with our condition. LOL…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Not really. Lv’d Thief to 80 then Warrior to 80 cuz they look cool and he suited the video game character I wanted to model a char after the most. Then I wanted a light armor class next and Lv’d Necro to 80 cuz it was one of my fav in GW1. Then Lv’d Mesmer, Ranger, Elementalist and Engi to 10~20 and had trouble deciding which one I wanted and went with Ranger so I could be the very best, like no one ever was. Also had to make use of my Black Widow spider before she got angry and ate my face.
Dunno which to do next.
~meow.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.