in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sable.1603

Sable.1603

no one does yet

does anyone even have legendary?

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

People found out immediately when the first level 80 and the first world completionist appeared. I’m sure we’ll find out about the first legendary when it appears.

Gold is hard enough to get but you need tons karma as well and you can only get that through constant event playing so there’s no shortcuts to that I’m afraid.

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Start expecting to see them early to mid of this week.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Posted by: Shadey.2180

Shadey.2180

Was actually going to respond to OP, but realised he was trolling…

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

Start expecting to see them early to mid of this week.

HIGHLY doubt anyone is close.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Because of the karma and diminishing returns you probably wont see them for a short while.
But rest assured, as soon as one is made you know that person is gonna be showing it off in LA, and we’ll all know about it.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Some people will go for it, but I just don’t see the point… most of them don’t have better stats (or even the desirable combination of stats) or a unique effect. They’re mainly just nifty skins. So basically I’m putting in an exorbitant amount of time for a skin?

Yeah….

I suppose you could use the same argument on dungeons, but I see running those as more an alternative to farming the crafting mats for gear; it’s a substitution effect of how you spend your time while trying to achieve the same rewards. Legendary items are just dumb imo.

Posted by: Vash.1852

Vash.1852

Kind of agree with you Bruno but don’t at the same time. They are a really nice thing to have and work towards but at the moment the materials required to make them are extraordinarily too much.

They even expect you to be able to obtain all of them seeing as there is an achievement to do such, but with what it takes to make just one currently, that will never happen. The next two or three expansions will be out before anyone is able to do that and in that time they will probably have added more to obtain lol.

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

There is actually someone who has everything except the last shards he needs, because an event is bugged so the npc can’t be talked to until the event completes. Don’t be surprised to hear someone has made one after the servers reset.

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

Because of the karma and diminishing returns you probably wont see them for a short while.
But rest assured, as soon as one is made you know that person is gonna be showing it off in LA, and we’ll all know about it.

You only need 525k karma for obsidian shards, plus as much karma as it takes to get mystic clovers. I only play about 5 hours per day, and have 300k karma. no boosters used. I do not doubt other have been able to amass over 1 million karma, which should be plenty for a legendary.

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

Posted by: Soothsayer.9476

Soothsayer.9476

Somebody will soon have a legendary and then immediately drop dead from exhaustion and lack of sleep. But their name will forever be remembered in GW folklore

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I think it would be cool if the legendary item was actually like a “template”…. So you apply that template onto whatever weapon (has to be of the right type) and it changes the weapon’s skin to the legendary skin as well as buff the stats by 10% (not such the +X, +Y, +Z, but also the min-max on the weapon by 10%).

I know people will qq about that because everyone is supposed to be on the same playing field, but is a 10% increase stat’ed weapon really so OP? OP in what circumstance? PvE? Why do you care if a guy can down an enemy slightly faster than you when you can get the same weapon he can, just invest the time. WvW? I’m pretty sure even an entire server running with legendary weapons is not going to be an unstoppable force. Also, how many people are actually gonna go for that increase and succeed?

I know having better gear than others isn’t the GW philosophy, but come on… it’s legendary. That should mean something other than “ooo it’s pretty looking”, which is ultimately subjective.

Vash.1852

Orci you have to be bullkitten. Having played in beta I knew karma was going to be very important so from level 1 I haven’t spent a single point of it. I run the race track in Orr every day till I hit the anti farm code and only get 19 karma per event. I currently have 185k karma.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Eh, I get FAR more karma doing WvW than I ever would doing DEs. Sitting on close to 250k karma and I only really play on the weekends.

Posted by: Deistik.7802

Deistik.7802

HIGHLY doubt anyone is close.

I’ve seen screenshots of someone that only needs 158 more obsidian shards for the staff, and has the karma to buy them, but the Temple of Balthazar event is bugged and he can’t get them. I’d say he’s close.

Posted by: Monte.5013

Monte.5013

vash, I am totally not kidding you, but I more than enough karma to get a full set of the exotics… that’s what, 6x 42k? And that was about a week and a half ago. I’ve seen others who did that way before me, so its not that hard to do. You just need to take a break for a while to reset the anti farm code…. if you’re at 19 karma then you’re not doing it right.

Posted by: Strenif.4935

Strenif.4935

Karma isn’t what’s holding me back, it’s the gold. 120 gold just to start?

Vash.1852

I was saying that I farm karma there till I’m only getting 19 karma. Then I take a break for about an hour and continue after it resets. There is no way you are getting that much karma from the 3-5 events at the race track.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

WvW is the best way to get karma, as long as you’re constantly taking things, losing them, then taking them again. PvE in no way compares. If you’re farming DEs in Orr for karma, you’re probably wasting your time.

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Someone is pretty close to getting Twilight, I read over on either mmo-champ or gw2guru.

I’d almost expect to see it within the next fortnight.