don't close feedback topics without warning.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I took about 30 minutes to carefully write a post about the update in the topic A-net opened for it, trying to provide real feedback about what i liked, what i didn’t, only to have the topic shut down without warning and me loosing everything i wrote… 1 minute before i tried to post. A warning or a timing on how long the topic will be open in the first place would be nice.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

(edited by Fox.3469)

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

That’s why I always cltr+a/ctrl+c before I post any text on internet (which just let me save a post because I was also typing when the thread got closed !). Though you might have got your text back from going back in your browser : it sometimes works.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

That’s why I always cltr+a/ctrl+c before I post any text on internet (which just let me save a post because I was also typing when the thread got closed !). Though you might have got your text back from going back in your browser : it sometimes works.

Considering how spotty the forums are for connecting, always, always ctrl•a/ctrl•c. Saves me a lot of heartache.

Meanwhile, topic should be:
Don’t make 18 feedback topics that need to be closed.

They’re going to get merged, and if the writer is too whiny or salted about it, it’s going to get closed. Some people need to take a step back.

Sorry you lost your post, OP. [/hug]

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s not been closed, it was moved to the sticky section at the top. It is annoying when it happens, but it’s technical issue with the forum. Eowin’s advice is sound if you are ever writing anything lengthy.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s not been closed, it was moved to the sticky section at the top. It is annoying when it happens, but it’s technical issue with the forum. Eowin’s advice is sound if you are ever writing anything lengthy.

It IS closed. Looked at the lock in it.

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

It was both moved and locked, and was only open for a couple hours, which is pretty sad. Expect any of your profession-specific feedback/suggestion threads to be moved to the profession boards which don’t even get read now.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It IS closed. Looked at the lock in it.

I stand corrected. As you were!

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I think the devs had to go home/finish up work.

Did you copy your post? You can still make a thread.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve been caught by this too (including today).

However, I’m not sure exactly what the moderators could do to prevent this from happening:

• They don’t control which topics we start, long after there’s an existing ‘main’ thread.
  • They can’t control which threads go drastically off topic.
  • They have no way of messaging any of us while we are typing a post.

In other words, they can’t really tell in advance when threads need to be merged, closed, or moved. And even if they did, they couldn’t do anything to prevent us from trying to post in them, aside from merging, closing, or moving the post.

It’s a good habit to copy the text for any forum, not just this one. (Although this one is especially prone to last minute changes, like the one that ‘stole’ the OP’s words.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Yes, but they also didnt leave it up all that long. They really should leave it up several days imho.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, but they also didnt leave it up all that long. They really should leave it up several days imho.

Why? How does that serve anyone?

• It makes it harder for the devs to find feedback.
  • It makes it harder for the community to participate in the same conversation (or sometimes to even find it).

I think it’s better in the long run if errant threads are closed/merged sooner rather than later, even though it makes things harder on me personally more often.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’m still irate that they were asked multiple times about Reaper DPS, and why no one looked into Blood utility.