dont it just burn your buns when ....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Random Steveo.7352

Random Steveo.7352

dont it just burn your buns when you spend 15 mins taking down a boss or even a regular monster all by yourself get it 99% down and some random guy comes out of nowhere hits it 3-6 times b4 it dies and you get nothing or some junk item not even blue and the other guy pings a gold in map chat

Posted by: Painking.4703

Painking.4703

That’s a drop system for you. Typically 2 hits on any mob at all will have it “Tagged” so any player who has at least 2 hits on it is eligible to get a drop chance.

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

I would say yes. But I’ve never seen this happen.

Was it one of the world bosses like a dragon? They are pretty notorious for giving weak metals if you only target them and don’t help out against adds and walls and what-have-you. And it’s entirely possible for somebody to jump in that knows how to metal on them and get a gold if they work fast enough. But in that case you still would have gotten nothing, whether they came or not.

EDIT: Ah my mistake I thought you were talking metals. But it’s RNG, everyone is equal to the all knowing RNG.

Random Steveo.7352

it has happened to me a lot mostly on champions and regular monsters I also noticed it happen when I come across someone fighting something I smack it a few times to help them boom gold I don’t ping it cause I feel bad lol but I think its wrong when someone else puts more effort in something in the game and someone else is rewarded for it
they keep going on about exploits in the game but the system is designed that way….???

Random Steveo.7352

Ah my mistake I thought you were talking metals. But it’s RNG, everyone is equal to the all knowing RNG.

how do I or you put more effort and or time in something and everyone is equal to the rewards

give me today’s gw2 income or the in game income of all players I’m pulling the RNG card out

I guess it works like food stamps people who need it don’t have it people who don’t need it have more than they need….

(edited by Random Steveo.7352)

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

No, every person who fights the monster gets the same chance of a drop – in theory – so if they get a good drop and I don’t … well, I’d probably have got a weak drop anyway and that’s life. In the mean time, that person was tryin’ ta help me out and unlike some mmos you can’t really steal xp or loot from the other player in GW2, so I appreciate the help.

What chaps me is when I help someone who obviously needs it and they don’t even say “thanks” …

Every once in a great while I get perturbated when I’m just squeaking through a mighty battle and someone comes in and steals the end from me … not because of the items, but because I worked so hard and really wanted to say I’d done it all on my own. But, meh, I’d rather people help than not.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

Nope, because everybody does it.

Posted by: Zephire.8049

Zephire.8049

Why would I care, exactly?

I lose no experience, loot, or anything if a player comes up and helps me at the last second, and if I killed a mob to 99% it’s pretty clear that I would have beaten it with or without help. And hey, good for them — they might get something good for being helpful. It’s win/win, which is one of the reason’s I love the game.

And RNG is just RNG. Sometimes you kill a champion and nothing drops, other times you kill a low-health add from a DE and get a level 80 rare. Best not to question the wisdom of the RNG gods

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m a cook, so i tend to have ~20+ % magic find on me regardless of my gear, so i tend to get fairly descent gear regardless…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Random Steveo.7352

I have 90% on gear traveler’s gear and rune & rings acc + silver doubloons

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It doesn’t bother me at all in this game, in fact I think it helps the passive social system quite a bit. People seem willing to loiter around me longer, and sometimes I’ll stalk with them a bit. Safety in numbers, and I’m really squishy.

Everything I’ve done in the game I’ve had help doing it, in one way or another, which is kinda cool.

I seem to get enough stuff.

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

No, every person who fights the monster gets the same chance of a drop – in theory – so if they get a good drop and I don’t … well, I’d probably have got a weak drop anyway and that’s life. In the mean time, that person was tryin’ ta help me out and unlike some mmos you can’t really steal xp or loot from the other player in GW2, so I appreciate the help.

What chaps me is when I help someone who obviously needs it and they don’t even say “thanks” …

Every once in a great while I get perturbated when I’m just squeaking through a mighty battle and someone comes in and steals the end from me … not because of the items, but because I worked so hard and really wanted to say I’d done it all on my own. But, meh, I’d rather people help than not.

This always bugged me too, till today. Help someone out and not a word. Revive someone, not a word.
Then today, out of the blue I was trying to tell someone “Thanks” and got a system message that I had been suppressed for excessive messaging. Considering, I hadn’t said a word outside of Guild chat all day (a whole 30 minutes of play at that time); I was a bit taken aback.
So, now, when someone doesn’t say anything; I am left wondering if that not be part of the issue.

Reported it as a bug and went on; but wow. Really? I can see something like this in a town/city. But not in the open world where communication is kinda needed from time to time. lol