downstate - 1 simple question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

why cant we crawl on the floor when indown state ?

when downd underwater we can swim to other players.

if u let us crawl when in downd state it would instantly make downstate a usefull “gimmick” of thegame.

gears of war lets u do this and soem other games i cant think of atm.

please anet let us crawl in downstate in PVE / WVW at the very least. im not asking this for SPVP or TPVP as it would annoy ppl etc and cause QQ flood gates to open.
but in pve it would be fine and balanced as u can already do this underwater !

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Thief has a movement power while downed, and Fighters can marshal while downed, Rangers can call pets, Necromancers can turn into clouds or something iirc. (don’t remember all of them) Everyone’s down is a little different, with different strengths and weaknesses.

The thing I hate about being Downed – for the Thief especially – is it is almost 100% useless if you are alone. Sure it breaks aggro, but the second you start healing yourself it aggros the monsters all over again and you’re dead. But, on the other side of that, it does encourage you to run around with others and help each other because you know the limits of being Downed.

Alotta games don’t even give you the option.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

You mean Gears of war 2 and 3 right? first one you couldn’t move at all. I’m sure that’s what you meant. Also Resident evil 5 and 6 you could move and Modern Warfare 2. Like you can’t remember much about crawling in other games.

I do agree Being able to move would be nice. Although I don’t think I’ve seen a Crawling animation in this game. However Moving at -66% speed or whatever the max speed you can move while frozen would be acceptable.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

You mean Gears of war 2 and 3 right? first one you couldn’t move at all. I’m sure that’s what you meant. Also Resident evil 5 and 6 you could move and Modern Warfare 2. Like you can’t remember much about crawling in other games.

Six games out of … ? And how many of those are MMOs?

Alotta games don’t even give you the option.

Besides which, I don’t see where this says “no other game gives you this option”. You finding yourself a couple games which can doesn’t change the fact that it’s rare.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

(edited by Jack of Tears.9458)

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

, Necromancers can turn into clouds or something iirc.

Nope… Necro has no movement skills while downed… or when alive

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

What? Underwater downed state is OP, if anything. Just remove somehow the ability to move underwater

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”