downstate in raids

downstate in raids

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: arakkune.1429

arakkune.1429

Hello ive been thinking about raids and the way thinks would work and I had an idea- remove downstate and revive in raids. Now this might seem harsh but that way the need for stacking in a corner and when someone gets downed the whole party pressing f and resing faster than the boss can hit will make room for more dodging and control over ur skills so what do you guys think?

downstate in raids

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

no rez when dead .. ok

but dont remove downed state!

that way you can still play a bit more risky if you can coordinate the rez well

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

downstate in raids

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I think it is a horrible idea. There is a lot of play revolving around the downed state, and the game was designed around the downed state.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

downstate in raids

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Nah, not allowing the downstate wouldn’t be good and would take out a key mechanic in GW2. As for revive, I still think that would be good to keep around. Maybe they could make it so you can’t revive someone if anyone in the party is in combat. But removing the ability entirely just seems like a bad idea.

downstate in raids

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

I don’t think this would work for raids, but it does sound like it could be a good instability for fractals

downstate in raids

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It would make raids harder. But it would not make raids get out of their stacking meta.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

downstate in raids

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

If the difficulty is high enough ressing someone might but you at a higher risk of getting downed yourself, and it takes your dps out of the fight potentially meaning you don’t dps the boss down in the time limit. In general though I don’t see stacking being a viable tactic in raids, seems you’ll need to move around a lot.

downstate in raids

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

Getting rid of the downed state in there would just cause people to be even more skeptical about letting new people in since they’d be more of a liability. Also it’d negate the use of a few skills, part of the functionality of warbanner, the res signets, illusion of life (as if anyone ever really uses that).
Downed state is a core mechanic in the game to where some traits and skills are built around it.

downstate in raids

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

i have simpler idea – getting hit interrupts ressing – voila now its not so easy to ress when everyone are on same spot :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

downstate in raids

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Thank you for trying to make search and rescue even more useless.

downstate in raids

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Why do people who don’t understand the meta always try to comment on ways to change it? Who stacks? This is not a valid strategy that anybody who runs the meta has used since the FGS nerf.

downstate in raids

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

haha if fully dead wont be able to rez

ranger will be new meta cause op downed state pet heal xDD
+ search and rescue utility skill xD

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

downstate in raids

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

with no holy trinity the downed state is what keeps us going its that buffer between life and death more so than your hp bar at times removeing it would be bad i think

downstate in raids

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Stacking in a corner is pretty much only used by unorganized groups in dungeons. Sometimes trash mobs in fractals, but who cares they are trash. Fractals are probably a better indicator of how bosses in raids will be. You never stack in fractals, I doubt you will stack in raids.

By the way did you even consider how many skills and traits this would make useless? Ressing players from downstate is something that ranger and necro can both do pretty well. I’d rather not make those two classes even less desired in pve.