dueling

dueling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

If dueling was added, I’d ignore it. As for them doing it – I’d rather they spend their time doing just about anything else.

SBI

dueling

Posted by: DarkSphere.4980

DarkSphere.4980

It’s an interesting suggestion but I’m not sure it addresses the concerns about harassment.

/duel

Duel me bro, come on, touch it. TOUCH IT! What’s the matter, you chicken? HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS GUY TOO COWARDLY TO TOUCH THE POLE!

As I understand the previous concerns it’s not so much the request to duel that is bothering people but the harassment people say they encounter. Which is why I was suggesting a gem store item. If you don’t have one it’s the ultimate, no I can’t.

I realize that but wouldn’t that pretty much be considered the same way as other bothersome people/goldsellers? Block them and/or report them.

While there will be some idiots (there always are), putting such a feature as dueling in the gemstore would solve only be a hindrance for most people while your “Touch it!” example-idiot would only add the “or are you a coward AND cheap” comment as well.

It was only a implementation suggestion but overall I feel dueling would do more good than harm and without introducing other than already existing problems.

dueling

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s an interesting suggestion but I’m not sure it addresses the concerns about harassment.

/duel

Duel me bro, come on, touch it. TOUCH IT! What’s the matter, you chicken? HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS GUY TOO COWARDLY TO TOUCH THE POLE!

As I understand the previous concerns it’s not so much the request to duel that is bothering people but the harassment people say they encounter. Which is why I was suggesting a gem store item. If you don’t have one it’s the ultimate, no I can’t.

I realize that but wouldn’t that pretty much be considered the same way as other bothersome people/goldsellers? Block them and/or report them.

While there will be some idiots (there always are), putting such a feature as dueling in the gemstore would solve only be a hindrance for most people while your “Touch it!” example-idiot would only add the “or are you a coward AND cheap” comment as well.

It was only a implementation suggestion but overall I feel dueling would do more good than harm and without introducing other than already existing problems.

Yes, no doubt you can block/report people who are harassing you. I was pointing out though that that suggestion doesn’t take care of one of the reasons why people in this thread are opposing dueling, harassment upon refusal and encouraging others to also harass you (as some have already objected to dueling on these grounds).

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

dueling

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

A dedicated space away from everything else would be fine. A coliseum styled thing, such as the fight pit in the black citadel? Just dandy.

For me, it was champions online that turned me into a duel loathing sort. It was very easy to harass people with duel requests, very easy to troll costume contests and very easy for the duel trolls to spam wherever and however they liked.

The pvpers actually interested in dueling weren’t commonly the worst offenders either. It was usually people eager to be trolls however they could, and that usually weren’t good enough at PvP to go mess with the real pvpers and duelists.

There are no shortage of utter jerks in these games, so it would be very important to me that if dueling erred implemented, it could not be used as a tool for harassment.

That’s my bottom line for my corner is the matter.

If r can’t be used to bully and harass people, great, no complaints from me.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

dueling

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

For me, it was champions online that turned me into a duel loathing sort.

Yeah, I was very glad when they finally got whitelisting duels to stick.

dueling

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

What this game needs is dueling on mounts inside guild halls inside super adventure box. With no downed state and no AOE cap. And precursors for the winner.

That would tick all the boxes.

And then we could merge four merged threads into one guild-super-dueling-adventure-box-mount-hall thread.

dueling

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

What this game needs is dueling on mounts inside guild halls inside super adventure box. With no downed state and no AOE cap. And precursors for the winner.

you’re making fun out of it, but… Actually if you try to imagine it it sounds super awesome lol.

dueling

Posted by: KaosNinja.4967

KaosNinja.4967

one of the main arguments i’m seeing here is that “we already have pvp,” and while thats true, it doesnt cover anything a dueling system would covers. PVP’s gear/skill/trait/rune/sigil systems are so much infinitely more simplified than pve’s, that it’s completely irrelevant to the question. a 1v1 in pvp would play out entirely different from a 1v1 in pve, post-dueling system.

dueling

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

There is no good argument against dueling, besides “I don’t like dueling so don’t add it”.

The harassment argument doesn’t have any merit for a few reasons. Dueling itself does not mean there will be a toxic environment, most games I’ve played dueling hasn’t been toxic at all. Even if it were to turn toxic we have ignore and report functions for a reason. Then we also have the fact that there have been many things in the game already that cause the exact toxic behavior that “duelers” are accused of. We’ve had the dungeon elitists, the fail the event to farm farmers, killed the champ out of order zone spam, and a whole host of other abusive people. That doesn’t mean you don’t add those events, mechanics, features, etc; it means there is a report/ignore function for a reason. Anonymous people are venomous regardless of what the specific thing they are doing.

Dueling spam is easily fixed via ignore dueling function. Using duels to buff up/exploit is fixed by not allowing duelers to damage mobs, mobs can damage them though, and all buffs are lost on duel end. There are no good reasons to not add dueling. Again, there are no good arguments for not adding it.

dueling

Posted by: Linaeus.6253

Linaeus.6253

There are no good reasons to not add dueling. Again, there are no good arguments for not adding it.

How about not wanting to hear a bunch of random sound effects of fighting when I’m at the bank/tp/crafting/waiting for an event. I hear enough of this crap at these places without dueling being added to the game.

dueling

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

If the amount of trash talk I read in PvP maps are any indication of behavior, I will flatly say no for dueling. If not, I’d rather dueling to be far away from PvE. Last thing I want to see is players fighting each other while I am exploring the maps.

I’d suggest to make a separate OS arena megaserver and have the duels there. Make everyone friendly and only the ones which queued up and accepted the duels red for each other.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

dueling

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I’ll say it so, if game PVP has any value, it MUST have DUELING.
People tend to say you already have PVP and you have this and that..
It’s not the same, Dueling is something you respect, and you can practice on higher level then average PvP match.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

dueling

Firelysm.4967

There are no good reasons to not add dueling. Again, there are no good arguments for not adding it.

How about not wanting to hear a bunch of random sound effects of fighting when I’m at the bank/tp/crafting/waiting for an event. I hear enough of this crap at these places without dueling being added to the game.

That’s not a good reason ehy you don’t want duel. You have to accept this as part of a game.
Good argument means, that you have problem with this kind of feature as..
And no one said you would be able to duel in towns or pvp.
But having duel in WvW/PvP/Eadge of the mist/ PvE.
And to be honest you just think about yourself, you don’t want this and that, but have no real argument of why you don’t want it.

People would not be less or more interested in Event if they duel, i agree that pvping inside town should not be aloud, for one reason ( to have one point where you chill from what ever challenge) Other then that, i see no reason why dueling should bring harm to the game in any kind.

Trolls will always be trolls, and you can always add feature (auto decline Duel) if you don’t like that you would be asked for one.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

dueling

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s not the same, Dueling is something you respect, and you can practice on higher level then average PvP match.

…hahahahahahahaha. Sorry, couldn’t hold myself.
No, it is not. And you have the best proof in this very thread – people do not want dueling based on skill. They want to be able to utilize their gear advantage, and think that the level field that sPvP environment grants would somehow make duels unviable.
And as for respect… respected by whom? I do know whom i would respect more between a succesful open world duelist and a top tier sPvP ranked player – and it wouldn’t be the duelist.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

dueling

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People need to keep in mind that the game is being balanced around 5v5.

That means that 1v1 fights will either always be unbalanced, or they will kitten up the 5v5 balance in order to satisfy all the raging about how unbalanced 1v1 is, which will make the regular PvP:ers rage about kittening up the balance.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

dueling

Firelysm.4967

…hahahahahahahaha. Sorry, couldn’t hold myself.
No, it is not. And you have the best proof in this very thread – people do not want dueling based on skill. They want to be able to utilize their gear advantage, and think that the level field that sPvP environment grants would somehow make duels unviable.
And as for respect… respected by whom? I do know whom i would respect more between a succesful open world duelist and a top tier sPvP ranked player – and it wouldn’t be the duelist.

Your arguments are invalid.
There is only one thing that you are right at your argument. Personal opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

Programming duel is nothing easier then that, gear managing is so easy, up scaling person, and removing boons after the duel and resetting skills to previous state before fight.. is nothing easier then that. There is toooooooons of solutions, and so easy to implement them. You are just against duel, and you’ll always find something to try and tell us why you don’t like duel.

Having a fine 1v1 duel is proving more then a sPvP ( currently we already have improvisation of duel in PvP “1v1 King of the hills” server) .. People like it, people love it and people wait in line for 2-30 min to get one awesome 1v1 duel. For my personal opinion there is nothing better on world then fair 1v1 duel with your friend, mentor or idol person who you are respecting and following ( like pro players ).

If you don’t like PvP and feature as DUEL that’s fine, but let other people have the joy that you probably already have in some other feature.

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

dueling

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

The good old “dueling feature” debate.

I have seen this so many times, it has become somewhat wearing:

There always happen to be a lot of players who neither like any kind of dueling mode or type of pvp feature, nor have had any good experiences with said content in any MMO ever.
Some dislike dueling to a point where they are convinced that it’ll destroy the game or any fun they might have in an open world game.

And of course there are people with a different opinion. Those who have fond memories of this feature in an open world game. Whether it might be dueling your friends for fun or good players for a challenge or just to pass some time outside town/a dungeon. Those who do not see why it hasn’t been in the game from the start.

I, for one, am more inclinded to agree with the second group based on my preferences and experiences. Some fun matches with my friends between dungeon would be a good addition to competitive matches in tpvp. Those duels wouldn’t be serious or competitive, they’d be about having fun with people. And there aren’t any real alternatives to this in the game. Popular dueling servers have class or gear rules not everyone wants to follow. There isn’t any way to protect yourself from people ruining your duels on no name servers either.

Communities will always have black sheeps who give dungeon pugs, spvp players, open world content players or duelers a bad name. It would be rather sad if we had to delete all of that content simply to protect ourselves from them.
If people actually go as far as bothering you with whispers or actions because the auto decline is in place and actived then it would be the job of arenanet to deal with those black sheep after you decided to report them. Just like they have to do with any bad community members in dungeons or other world content.

This game is and should be all about allowing players to decide which parts of the content they want to enjoy. As long as there is an auto decline option and a support team dealing with your reports accordingly, I just can’t see why this shouldn’t be in the game based on how many players, none of which seem to be any of those dueling trolls, want it as a feature.
Hell, some, me included, would spend gems on this.

dueling

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Eh, I think duelling is moot in GW2. not for the animosity it generates, but because ANet staff have said in the past that the game will never be balanced around 1v1’s, but rather group pvp

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

dueling

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Eh, I think duelling is moot in GW2. not for the animosity it generates, but because ANet staff have said in the past that the game will never be balanced around 1v1’s, but rather group pvp

People don’t duel for 1v1 balance. They duel for fun.

1v1 balance is moot because no one really cares about it. Which MMO with dueling has perfect 1v1 balance?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

dueling

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

1v1 balance is moot because no one really cares about it. Which MMO with dueling has perfect 1v1 balance?

Except that people will complain and rage about balance if such a thing is added. We already have threads about how X or Y professions are OP. How many more of those won’t we get if people start comparing them in 1v1?

It is also rather interesting that you claim that no one cares about it. So what is the point?
Why do something that you would basically more or less automatically lose because the enemy have a profession that is better at countering your profession than your profession is at countering theirs?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

dueling

Mirta.5029

How about not wanting to hear a bunch of random sound effects of fighting when I’m at the bank/tp/crafting/waiting for an event.

There’s a slider to mute musical instruments. And you’ll get those sounds anyway if people decide to show off their weapon effects. Ask for yet another sound slider if it bothers you.

In games actually based on gear progression me and my friends would take off enough armour pieces to make us more of less equal. Like a lot of people mentioned even an actual dedicated game mode in Spvp would be good. And also, why should I want your respect?

dueling

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

A dedicated space away from everything else would be fine.

Pro-duel fanatics will never agree to this. They crave two things: To feel superior, and to have an audience see them being superior.

They will not be happy until they can duel at the Trading Post, the Bank, or wherever else people might just be trying to get things done. They love a captive audience.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

dueling

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

They’re not doing it so that they can keep all pvp and those that are competitively inclined in the mists. There is dueling there, that is focused on skill. If you want to use your equips, there is dueling in obsidian sanctum/borderlands.

Lots of PVE players like their world nice and cooperative. Anet doesnt need to add dueling options to that just because other mmos have it.

thing is we DON’T have dueling options in Spvp nor in WvW. We have nice people paying 2000 gems a month to keep an arena up and we have people that decided upon a location in WvW, but there’s no game mechanic, meaning that anyone is free to march in and ruin the fun for others.

It’s not 2000 gems; iirc, its 400 gems currently. 5 bucks a month to keep an arena open.

Just for your info.

And while you are right, people are free to ruin the fun for others, open world dueling would ruin the fun for people that log in simply for pve.

RIght now, competitive player v player play is isolated from those who do not explicitly seek it out. That’s better than the alternative.

Now, if Anet wants to implement an isolated place in the mists where duel requests are allowed, im all for it; but it’s best to leave the open world exactly how it is to save the majority of people who are not interested in pvp at all from having to deal with it and the mentality it draws, whether they be directly exposed to it via PM or taunts or exposed to it indirectly via some braggart on map chat.

Also, for proponents, keep in mind that requesting the majority of people here take active steps to ignore a feature that is desired by a minority (That are not satisfied with the mists) is not easier than leaving the already nonexistent feature out. You should be convincing the players that actively do not want it that they somehow need or would otherwise benefit from something they feel negatively about. Just the suggestion that “it probably wouldnt bug them” is not enough. The most they can get out of it is nothing, and they stand to lose enjoyment of the game.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

dueling

Mirta.5029

Pro-duel fanatics will never agree to this. They crave two things: To feel superior, and to have an audience see them being superior.

They will not be happy until they can duel at the Trading Post, the Bank, or wherever else people might just be trying to get things done. They love a captive audience.

who are you quoting here? All I want is some space somewhere to duel -_-

Now, if Anet wants to implement an isolated place in the mists where duel requests are allowed, im all for it; but it’s best to leave the open world exactly how it is to save the majority of people who are not interested in pvp at all from having to deal with it and the mentality it draws, whether they be directly exposed to it via PM or taunts or exposed to it indirectly via some braggart on map chat.

I just want someplace somewhere to duel which would be free. Though still were are the metrics for how many people want it and how many people do not? Dueling private arenas seem to be quite active and so is dueling locations in WvW.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

dueling

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

A dedicated space away from everything else would be fine.

I think many pro dueling players would have no problem if LA/racial city hubs didn’t allow dueling, like I/others have said in our posts. It’s about putting a feature in the players hands, a sandbox element of community creation through player made events within this great world they created, Tyria.

JQ Druid

dueling

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

you wanna know why duels are not in the open world?
simple, Anet has a strong stand against mixing PvP with PvE, they already did a middle ground with WvW but only to give the “grand battle” option.
if you want duels i am happy to see it, in an area where PvP belongs and that is NOT in the PvE open world.

ether have duel sPvP arena’s (not gem-store locked) or in WvW but please, keep PvP out of the only place PvE players can be save.

(edited by sorudo.9054)

dueling

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

simple, Anet has a strong stand against mixing PvP with PvE, they already did a middle ground with WvW but only to give the “grand battle” option.
if you want duels i am happy to see it, in an area where PvP belongs and that is NOT in the PvE open world.

ether have duel sPvP arena’s (not gem-store locked) or in WvW but please, keep PvP out of the only place PvE players can be same.

I wouldn’t call it a “strong stance”, fast forward to 14:11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7CcwnfUdU&feature=youtu.be&t=13m24s

JQ Druid

dueling

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Some misinformation that seems to be propagated here about Custom Arenas…

It’s 200 gold to buy a custom arena kit. There are no Gems involved in it anymore (unless you are converting Gems to Gold for this…)
That’s an arena you own for 30 days, which you can customize however you want (within the bounds of what the game provides for you, of course…) and that’s not counting Arena Tokens that you can buy, or that drop as PvP rewards.
For those worried about random people jumping in and ruining your duel, (PvPers griefing other PvPers? Well huh…) these arenas can have passwords put on them to keep that from happening. And, if you do end up with some trash-talking foul mouth brat, you can ban them from stepping foot in there again.

Now, while some might argue ‘I shouldn’t have to pay 200 Gold!’ I feel the need to point out that if there are enough people who really want to duel, can you not pool your gold for something like this? Form a Dueling Guild for just this purpose? Even a small guild could be able to foot this bill easily and keep their arena up for a while. (And that’s not taking into account buying Arena Tokens.. I have 16 of them just sitting in my bank, and I hardly step foot in sPvP.)

Here is the link for all the details on this…
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Custom_Arena

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

dueling

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

ether have duel sPvP arena’s (not gem-store locked) or in WvW but please, keep PvP out of the only place PvE players can be same.

I wouldn’t call it a “strong stance”, fast forward to 14:11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7CcwnfUdU&feature=youtu.be&t=13m24s

Oh wow I’m going to have to watch the whole interview when I get time. Perhaps this is one of the fabled “Interviews of Broken Dreams” I’ve heard about in game lol. Precursor crafting by the end of the year? Check. Dueling in PvE? Check. Someday

The interview itself sounds really great from what I’ve watched so far; Colin Johanson is very optimistic and open about their plans without giving away too much detail on hot topics. The only problem I see with this interview… well… it was back in 2013. Ugh ANet. /facepalm

Golden shackles are still golden.

dueling

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

ok, so an interview……..such a strong argument…..yeah no….

since ppl are asking for reasons why we are so against duels, i ask what is a good reason to add duels in the PvE environment, give me one really sound reason that really says “yes, that makes perfect sense”.

dueling

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Not only are you incredibly wrong but kitten , that is quite the pretentious way to say what you think.

since ppl are asking for reasons why we are so against duels, i ask what is a good reason to add duels in the PvE environment, give me one really sound reason that really says “yes, that makes perfect sense”.

To give people a way to kill time and test their skill against other people using their actual build/gear setups?

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

dueling

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Some misinformation that seems to be propagated here about Custom Arenas…

It’s 200 gold to buy a custom arena kit. There are no Gems involved in it anymore (unless you are converting Gems to Gold for this…)
That’s an arena you own for 30 days, which you can customize however you want (within the bounds of what the game provides for you, of course…) and that’s not counting Arena Tokens that you can buy, or that drop as PvP rewards.
For those worried about random people jumping in and ruining your duel, (PvPers griefing other PvPers? Well huh…) these arenas can have passwords put on them to keep that from happening. And, if you do end up with some trash-talking foul mouth brat, you can ban them from stepping foot in there again.

Now, while some might argue ‘I shouldn’t have to pay 200 Gold!’ I feel the need to point out that if there are enough people who really want to duel, can you not pool your gold for something like this? Form a Dueling Guild for just this purpose? Even a small guild could be able to foot this bill easily and keep their arena up for a while. (And that’s not taking into account buying Arena Tokens.. I have 16 of them just sitting in my bank, and I hardly step foot in sPvP.)

Here is the link for all the details on this…
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Custom_Arena

This is true. I was referring to current conversion rates for gold. you c urrently get 60g for about 400g. can easily be free though.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

dueling

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No they duel to embody the phrase “might is right”, to stoke their own egos and/or show off the BIS gear they have by striking down any player who made them the littlest cross.

Currently those of us who like the co-op friendly PvE are glad that these players are gated off from the rest of us where they can only bully one another than random players.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

dueling

Mirta.5029

No they duel to embody the phrase “might is right”, to stoke their own egos and/or show off the BIS gear they have by striking down any player who made them the littlest cross.

Currently those of us who like the co-op friendly PvE are glad that these players are gated off from the rest of us where they can only bully one another than random players.

from the way that guys like you talk, you’re the abusive ones, not people that want to have fun with their friends.

dueling

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

These are starting to be laughable and even a bit sad..

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

dueling

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I’m amazed at the number of people who don’t understand the difference between Open PK and an actual Duel system.

That said, I’d welcome a proper duel system. Honestly it’s not the sort of thing I actually partake in much (don’t feel I’m as good at 1v1 pvp as when I was younger), but it’s something I’m likely to watch others do for a bit, similar to if I come across a bunch of RPers.

It adds to the game in the sense that it’s a player-driven activity (that would require almost no dev effort compared to other things) that can happen any time, anywhere. A little something extra you can do, or watch others do, to breath a little more life into the world.

Any halfway decent dual system has an option to decline, including a check box to “always decline” so you won’t even be bothered by it to begin with. But for anyone else who does want to do that sort of thing, they should be able to. Period.

For this to be a “living breathing world” as it has been advertised to be, we should be able to do as many things as possible within reason. More options and freedoms is preferable to fewer.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

dueling

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I played WoW on a trial accounts years and years ago. Even with decline on I kept being accosted by players insisting and taunting me to turn dueling on and accept their challenge. Now I never intended on staying but if I was that would have been a strike against the game.

We don’t need a method for new players to be bullied by BIS level 80s showing off their leetness. Anything that drives away a new player from staying longer is a negative in my book.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

dueling

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It’s interesting to see that some of the pro-duel posters are taking the high road, while their fellows are using the dismissive tactics and ridicule that makes their opponents’ case. I would think people would learn.

#moreflieswithhoney

dueling

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ve already made my feelings on this topic known in other threads, no need to repeat myself here, I would think.

Instead, I offer this thought: For all we know, ANet has already done work on adding Dueling to the game. Maybe they found too many problems with the idea that kept them from working on it, and it’s been tossed onto the back burner for now. Maybe they had an idea for how to make it work, but couldn’t get the game to do it without huge bugs. Maybe the idea’s been tried and scrapped, and we’ll never know.

Or maybe it’s coming out next week.

It’s an old topic, and I’m sure ANet has at least looked into it by now. In fact, I’d say it’s likely that a decision has already been reached that will hold through the foreseeable future. We just don’t know the results of it yet, that’s all. So please, don’t get too worked up in this discussion.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.