enough is enough

enough is enough

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: oney.5067

oney.5067

i have enjoyed gw1 for 6 years without complaint. there was only a couple little thing i didnt like about it.
1. you couldnt jump.
2. the world was instanced so you could only run a certain amount of people in your party.
3. hmmm cant think of 3.

ok here is why im so pissed anet fixed those 2 issues, then proceeded to entirely change and get away from gw1. wasnt profecies game of the year at one time? im sure this was during a time when that other popular and still popular mmo was running. why change what wasnt broken?

in gw1 we had dungeons that required skill and dungeons which required less skill for those who wanted to run them due to casual player skill.

our builds required skill.

it required skill to get some of the skills to make skillful builds.

if we were happy exploring the world so be it! if we wanted to make some money on any particular day we could solo farm or join a group in an elite dungeon.

gear stats were all the same! no matter what kind of gear you made there wasnt any difference other than the looks every state was plateaued at level 20.

speaking of level 20. yes we could get to max level in a day but… it took days after to explorer the world and cap and learn all the skills you needed to join dungeon groups or farm. it wasnt a grind because you chose what skills you wanted to learn or cap.

how about the fact that every one in gw1 was happy and considerate of other people which was also demanded in guild chats. when a person needed help people wanted to help and show off their awsomness. their cool heros and builds and group making abilities their cool gear they spent hours farming for. people were proud of what they had.

speaking of heroes! gw2 is a group based world with dynamic events and lore all around. why then would they make soo many dungeons and ignore the playable world? if they do this than all the level 80 areas would be dead! oh wait… they nerfed plinx and added FOTM so they already are.

why are we being Forced into doing dungeons we dont wanna do just to make a scrap of gold which in a day could possibly pay to craft one single piece of exotic gear. on the other hand why offer cool skins if only the gold buyers can afford to buy them from tp.

imo this game is for the irl rich people since im an adult i have adult responsibilities and have enough sence to pay 70$ for a game and refrain from gem store.

why cant i have fun too? and why did you kill the dreams of all the gw1 fans by taking away the game we loved so much!?

enough is enough

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

They said blatantly from the very first announcement that GW2 would largely be a continuation of the story, not the gameplay. And they made this change because GW1 was one of the most flawed gameplay systems ever, it was meant to be PvP driven yet was dependent on PvE sandbox customization. The system they made may have been great to play with but was heavily flawed and impossible to balance. It would have been incredibly stupid to replicate it’s flaws.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

enough is enough

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

I dont think the same concept would have brought anyone over here except the Gw1 fans. I know the community of GW1 fans seem hurt that this game has not given them more of a voice. I think during beta they felt as though they had more voice than they really did, or they were given the impression that their voice would more significantly matter and would be heard all the time like it was then. This is a continuation of Guild Wars in lore only really.

enough is enough

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

They said blatantly from the very first announcement that GW2 would largely be a continuation of the story, not the gameplay. And they made this change because GW1 was one of the most flawed gameplay systems ever, it was meant to be PvP driven yet was dependent on PvE sandbox customization. The system they made may have been great to play with but was heavily flawed and impossible to balance.

Umm, I disagree. Can’t really go into detail without heavily insulting you so… yea.

GW1 had fine gameplay.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

enough is enough

oney.5067

gw1 had just as many players as wow during its peak. would it have been so bad to steal some wow players and bring back All the gw1 fans who left after a year or 2 of eotn? and just leave the game ply alone adding the world dynamic events and closing the single person instancing? several years ago when gw2 was in development all i remember them saying was they were gonna change the graphics engine not the entire game im just feeling let down and depressed that gw1 is gone forever.

(edited by oney.5067)

enough is enough

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Gosh, don’t you know anything?

GW2 is an MMORPG, which means it has to be extremely boring and use generic snorefest game systems that have been proven to rake in money by the other large MMORPGs that have existed for 6+ years.

You can’t spell INNOVATION without MMORPG…

Oh, wait…

enough is enough

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

why cant i have fun too? and why did you kill the dreams of all the gw1 fans by taking away the game we loved so much!?

They didn’t take it away. The servers are still on I believe. They just decided to make another game on top of that.

As much as you love the original GW1 I don’t think Anet would have been very succesful in releasing it’s carbon copy save for those 2 things that you disliked.

Also if you don’t have the time because of your responsibilities then just take it easy. You don’t have to get to max level or gain full exotic set in two days. Just take however long you need, the game’s not going anywhere.

enough is enough

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

gw1 had just as many players as wow during its peak. would it have been so bad to steal some wow players and bring back All the gw1 fans who left after a year or 2 of eotn? and just leave the game ply alone adding the world dynamic events and closing the single person instancing? several years ago when gw2 was in development all i remember them saying was they were gonna change the graphics engine not the entire game im just feeling let down and depressed that gw1 is gone forever.

GW1 sold over 6 million total copies of 4 different boxes, WOW had over 10 million subscribers at one time. The 2 games were not even close to be honest and I enjoyed GW1.

Anet said that GW2’s gameplay style would be nothing like GW1 from the very beginning.

GW1 was impossible to balance without nerfing skills into the ground. There were to many skills and they could react together in odd ways. Remember Touch Rangers or any of the other gimmick over powered builds?

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

enough is enough

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

GW1 was a great platform for its time and yes GW2 is much different and truthully will become a group game at the rate it is going. Solo players will find it harder to play it at starting because of the fact less players are starting. It is nothing like the start up date where there was plenty to complete events. Many areas will become dead and less and less daily awards will be earned. I miss many of the features that made guild wars 1 a great platform but developers thought it best to leave out most of them . But I never seen anywhere that GW1 would be just like GW2…

enough is enough

oney.5067

Remember Touch Rangers or any of the other gimmick over powered builds? [/quote]

Haha touch rangers… rofl they were awsome and gw1 made them awsome because we could use skills from other professions. unlike gw2 where we have cookie cutter skills that cant be changed on the first 5 hotkeys.

enough is enough

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

lol Touchers aka Touch Rangers as you mentioned are not OP!
Water Eles or Snaring Rangers could easily counter them to death!
Fyi every class or evey builds in GW1 can be countered.
No one build that could rule em all.
~ The Beauty of GW1 ~

enough is enough

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

GW1 is not the future.
WoW is.

This game has proven that hands down. At the end of the day, a game with a gear plateau that based on story, individual player skill and immersion does not sell as well as a game with a gear grind and focused on dungeon running.

Sorry

enough is enough

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

GW1 sold over 7 million copies. Not as many as WoW, but still one of the most successful PC games of all time.

enough is enough

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Anet said that GW2’s gameplay style would be nothing like GW1 from the very beginning.

Can you please link me where you read this?
Because im sure they stated too, that this game was PERFECT for the GW fans… and looking this forum, im not so sure of this.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

enough is enough

Posted by: Chriswck.6490

Chriswck.6490

Speaking of classic GW1 builds such as Touch Rangers, just to bring back some memories, recall:

55 monk
SF sins
B/P rangers!! (almost forgot about that one)
CoF/VoR Mesmers
VoS Derv Runners
Charge War Runners
SH/SF eles
SS/SV/orders necros
MM necros back when there is no limit to minions concurrently alive
Mending Warriors
Apply Poison/Burning Arrow Condi rangers
Trapper Rangers
LoS/Infuse Health monks before LoS nerf

Oh man, now that i’m thinking back. Skills used to be interesting, and given thought could form new decent builds. While most of such builds aren’t the best, and eventually fall out, they are a lot of fun

(edited by Chriswck.6490)

enough is enough

Posted by: Ruby Red.4019

Ruby Red.4019

GW1 sold over 7 million copies. Not as many as WoW, but still one of the most successful PC games of all time.

And if GW2 sold 2 million at launch it’d be interesting to know how many of those sales were to GW1 players. ANet knew or hoped they had a ready made loyal fan base and tbh communication was better during development than it is now. But it’s GW1 players that were duped.

I didn’t expect it to be the same for obvious reasons but I did expect them to continue with their core game philosophy had I known they would they would slide into the same tired old MMO format and WoW clone bracket – that spells doomed to fail – I sure wouldn’t have bought GW2.

enough is enough

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

And if GW2 sold 2 million at launch it’d be interesting to know how many of those sales were to GW1 players. ANet knew or hoped they had a ready made loyal fan base and tbh communication was better during development than it is now. But it’s GW1 players that were duped.

I didn’t expect it to be the same for obvious reasons but I did expect them to continue with their core game philosophy had I known they would they would slide into the same tired old MMO format and WoW clone bracket – that spells doomed to fail – I sure wouldn’t have bought GW2.

My sentiments exactly.

Frankly, I am pretty sure majority of the pre-purchases were made by GW1 players and people they (we) convinced to buy the game, because most other MMO players were in the No Holy Trinity? Ain’t gonna Work! Only 8 skills on a bar? not gonna work, that game is fail before release! boat.
Frankly, who else apart from die-hard fans pays full price for a product they won’t have in their hands for ~5 months? WHich means that by the time they actually get to play, even NCSoft long policy of full refunds up to 6 months after purchase will run out? GW1 fan-base did.

And personally, as a person who purchased her game on April 11 and thus couldn’t get a refund when last update was announced, I can adamantly say i won;t pre-purchase any game ever again, thank you ANet. Definietly nothing your or NCSoft’s.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

enough is enough

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I played GW1 quite a lot. However I find the combat in GW2 more interesting, especially for PvE, but I still find PvP more fun and accessible.

My 2 cents.

But really, making builds in GW1 was very fun. However the combat was really quite boring (in PvE, ofc PvP is different)

enough is enough

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

would it have been so bad to steal some wow players and bring back All the gw1 fans who left after a year or 2 of eotn? and just leave the game ply alone adding the world dynamic events and closing the single person instancing?

this is exactly how i imagined it to be… what a disappointment seeing it becoming more and more like wow. i read somewhere on forum something about raiding…

enough is enough

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

My favorite part of the OP was how he remembers all GW1 players holding hands and singing together in a joyful fraternity of peace and goodwill.

enough is enough

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I honestly don’t understand this I really see Gw1 in Gw2 much more then I see WoW much much More !

Let me run a list and you decide which of these applies more to gw1 then it does to MMORPG like WoW:

-PvP where everyone is on the same playing field

-Easy to get to Max LeveL

-A combat/skill system that allows you to play your character the way you want

-NPCs that actually join in their story rather then send you to do their dirty work while they just chilax

-Gear gates no content (sure gw2 might be different here in which its not as easy as gw1 to get max level gear but you can essentially play the whole game using common gear, ALL of it from start to finish! thats more close to gw1 then it is to wow imho)

- Every single NPC is important and has story / lore to contribute

- World that actually changes while you’re playing it (in gw1 this was accomplished through instancing, while you stayed in that instance the world kept the state you gave it, in gw2 through dynamic events and yeah WoW has a littl bit of this too through phasing but other MMOs generally dont have any of it)

- Crafting thats actually meaningful

- Get to your objective playing any content rather then specific content

- having the whole game world thats vaiable to play in

I have a feeling that for most people Gw1 was simply about having the best gear rather then what it was to me which was all about the freedom it offered me to play how I want and get an immersive experiance! Cause honestly thats the only way I can explain how people are saying Gw2 abandond Gw1 concepts and went all WoW in its design! It hasnt not in the least! Gw2 has all that made Gw1 great though it does it all in different way! Thats all!

enough is enough

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

gw1 had just as many players as wow during its peak.

No it didn’t. Still it was a great game and I loved it!

enough is enough

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Speaking of classic GW1 builds such as Touch Rangers, just to bring back some memories, recall:

55 monk
SF sins
B/P rangers!! (almost forgot about that one)
CoF/VoR Mesmers
VoS Derv Runners
Charge War Runners
SH/SF eles
SS/SV/orders necros
Mending Warriors
Apply Poison/Burning Arrow Condi rangers
Trapper Rangers
LoS/Infuse Health monks before LoS nerf

Oh man, now that i’m thinking back. Skills used to be interesting, and given thought could form new decent builds. While most of such builds aren’t the best, and eventually fall out, they are a lot of fun

Don’t forget Ranger thumpers, backbreaker sins, shockaxe wars, boneti’s WoH monks, and the other thousand builds we could use. Haha I remember the days you could get away with running 55 monk in AB and be a god because they were all noobs.

I also made a 55 sin once, yea you heard right.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

enough is enough

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I honestly don’t understand this I really see Gw1 in Gw2 much more then I see WoW much much More !

Let me run a list and you decide which of these applies more to gw1 then it does to MMORPG like WoW:

Not really

PvP where everyone is on the same playing field
Except in WvW

Easy to get to Max LeveL
It’s easy in WoW too

A combat/skill system that allows you to play your character the way you want
As long as you don’t go melee in the higher difficulty content

NPCs that actually join in their story rather then send you to do their dirty work while they just chilax
What? NPCs that give a hand in story quests is hardly new. But their help in GW2 often amounts to taking a nap on the ground while you do all the work, or getting stuck on a pebble on the other side of the world while you do all the work …

Gear gates no content (sure gw2 might be different here in which its not as easy as gw1 to get max level gear but you can essentially play the whole game using common gear, ALL of it from start to finish! thats more close to gw1 then it is to wow imho)
Except the new weapon skins that drop in high level fractals I guess.

Every single NPC is important and has story / lore to contribute
Let’s not go that far XD There are a lot more NPCs in the world than you think and a lot of them are completely meaningless short of standing there. Most weapon and armor merchants. The class trainers etc…

World that actually changes while you’re playing it (in gw1 this was accomplished through instancing, while you stayed in that instance the world kept the state you gave it, in gw2 through dynamic events and yeah WoW has a littl bit of this too through phasing but other MMOs generally dont have any of it)
Maybe yeah. It’s hardly unique but it’s definitively not common either

Crafting thats actually meaningful
A lot of MMOs have meaningful crafts too. Some even put crafting above dungeon running (or rather, make them go hand in hand by looting not gear but special materials in dungeons you’d hand to a crafter to make your dungeon item). In GW2, currently with the material prices, crafting is becoming less and less relevant. With the new BiS rings, jewelry crafting already lost 1/3 of it’s uses. The back pieces are 100% non crafting too.

Heck, I’m 400 in crafts and I bought my sets from the trading post because I’d get more money selling the mats and buying the already crafted items instead!

Get to your objective playing any content rather then specific content
My objective is the get multiple of the best stat sets in the game. Currently I am very much forced into a specific content

having the whole game world thats vaiable to play in
It’s not viable. Any place that doesn’t include mostly level 77+ monsters is really suboptimal in the loot quality.

enough is enough

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

what you’re saying is true. in gw1 u could make as much money as you wanted by solo ecto run UW or 55monk/130 derv farm for rare skins and sell them in spamadan. in gw2 not only exotics drop once per century (and mostly generic skin from level 76 to 79 only worth Mystic Toilet) but you can’t even have a nice time soloing something for money. Lodestones drop once per five years even with 160MF, DR **** us and we get this **** cuz of bots but i did NOT payed 60$ to play with DR. Its like anet don’t know wth they’re doing to the community… I did not liked what anet did by nerfing and over nerfing every class in gw1 until every is weak compared to how they were and did not liked when they nerfed SF/Ursan BUT that took time. GW2 been out for 2 months and its already a killing spree of nerfs. They nerf instead of fixing Traits, exploits, skills, tool tips, and ******** arah gate…

When i first bought gw2 i thought it was a worst than gw1 but after like 100h i started to like it over gw1 cuz of it smooth (but much more casualised) combat, after 900h the ONLY thing i prefer in gw2 over gw1 is its graphics…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

enough is enough

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

Well, unless NCSoft and ANet does something to fix this debacle, this game will join all the others in the crapper of history... What a pity too, as this game has some serious potential except the corporate greed has a greater potential it would appear...

Mors janua vitæ

enough is enough

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

I did not play GW1, except to check it out for week while doing beta for GW2, just to check it out. However, I did play WoW over 3 years, and Rift for about a year.

I applaud GW2 for making no grind to play sPvP. That was a big draw, but now I’m waiting for the balancing, traits, and all the other Pvp issues to be fine tuned. Plenty of work there yet to done, which has been acknowledged. (Not going to talk about the whole Ascended/Agony thing, as I have done that enough.)

What I miss the most is being able to get “things” as a casual player. I want to get titles. I got a title during the Halloween event, but I can’t display it. IT’S IMPORTANT. I did one of the legendary quests in Rift with two characters, which rewards a crocodile mount. I don’t even like the crocodile mount. BUT, I did like the feeling of acheivement in working through the quests and getting (finally!) done, and having the Title. I need to be able to display them!!!

I want to earn or make pretty/suitable clothes. I have gotten some cultural, some order, some personal quest. I’ve made some. But Town Clothes are not wardrobe. I could use more choices.

What matters to the casual player is different that what matters to the hard core. I need a Mace for my guardian that looks like it belongs on a female model. I need a shield that doesn’t clip my hair and looks like it belongs on a female model. And I don’t want my character to look like she’s standing on a street corner trying to earn money if she is just standing on a street corner.

I will do hard activities, or spend karma, or in-game coin for a mini-pet or mount or SOMETHING besides gear with more stats. But, that being said, what is required for things like Legendary weapons is purely grind for a casual player. Maybe I would have worked on it, maybe not. I hate the MF anyways.

Did I spend RL money in the gem store. Yes, a lot. But I won’t for now, until the game shows it is serious about keeping the casual player and giving me achievements I care about, and can actually achieve and have something to show for it.

enough is enough

Posted by: Carltonbanks.1754

Carltonbanks.1754

GW2 isn’t GW1? You should have expected that when you bought the game. If you can’t properly read a title, at least save everyone the frustration of having to read your pathetically whiny posts. If you hate the game so much, leave the forums too. Your bellyaching serves no purpose except garnering attention. You won’t change a thing, deal with it.

Also, to stpetemermaid, what on earth are you talking about? This is one of the most casual friendly MMOs in existence.

enough is enough

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

GW2 is better than GW1 in almost every way. Stop letting nostalgia color your perception so heavily.

Also, gem store isn’t even remotely required at all to build an entire amazing set of gear. It can speed up the process, but you don’t HAVE to do it.

Also, to another point of yours, as an adult with adult responsibilities, those responsibilities would easily pay for gems if I were so inclined to purchase them.

Want an entire exotic set? Do your daily and farm some karma, purchase it from vendors in Orr. Bam, an entire exotic set that didn’t cost a single copper.

enough is enough

mavet.3047

GW2 is better than GW1 in almost every way. Stop letting nostalgia color your perception so heavily.

mmmhmmm - you’re absolutely correct. Nerfing all the drops and forcing players into one type of niche to garner decent gear is just about better in all ways.

Mors janua vitæ

enough is enough

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Lets say this all together: Guild Wars 1 was not an MMO. Guild Wars 2 is an MMO.

These things are intrinsically different.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

enough is enough

Ganzo.5079

So if its so better, why a lot of people is upset or they have leaved?
Are we all idiots? or maybe there is something in the game that dont work like intended?

If you like the game, its fine, i dont think you are an idiot for this, its you personal taste, and its OK.

But for me,(and a lot of people) the game is broken now, they are adding useless things, they are creating players separation, instead of fix the game.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
LOL

enough is enough

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

mmmhmmm – you’re absolutely correct. Nerfing all the drops and forcing players into one type of niche to garner decent gear is just about better in all ways.

This isn’t even remotely true.

There are 4-6 ways to get “Decent gear” right off the top of my head, and more that I’m sure I haven’t even discovered or used.

Exotics from:

WvW
Dungeons
Drops
Mystic Forge

Look at how incredibly niche that is! Gods there’s only 6 solid ways to get a full set of exotic gear. It must be impossible to get decent gear!

You’re just sucked into your own confirmation bias and WANT to hate on the game. So you do mental gymnastics to let you do so.

To the poster above me: The more people that buy a game, and the more popular it is, the higher % of players that will be dissatisfied with it. More population = higher number of people who don’t like something, it’s just a numbers thing.

Not to mention there are people who just like to hate things in a hipster like fashion just because.

(edited by Ahlen.7591)

enough is enough

Ganzo.5079

To the poster above me: The more people that buy a game, and the more popular it is, the higher % of players that will be dissatisfied with it. More population = higher number of people who don’t like something, it’s just a numbers thing.

Not to mention there are people who just like to hate things in a hipster like fashion just because.

oh please give me some concrete argument instead of this.
Really, this is stupid, so why the Haters are making noise now, and not before 3 weeks ago? Before all this mess, the game was bugged, but fine, some people who buyed it without look blog or interview was leaving or making a little noise on the forum but the community was nice. (and the forum too)

LOL

enough is enough

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

Why would anyone want to burn up resources and currencies like mats, karma, badges and tokens on exotics when future ascended gear will likely require many of those same things? They’ve made it a farm and wait game. This is what happens with vertical progression being rolled out at a snails pace.

enough is enough

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Your point number 2 was the GW1 in full with out that it was not a game at all. GW1 was not a true MMO it was more like a D2 game. More then like that why you liked it because it was not a MMO these type of games are just not for everyone.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

enough is enough

Posted by: endless.1376

endless.1376

GW1 is not the future.
WoW is.

This game has proven that hands down. At the end of the day, a game with a gear plateau that based on story, individual player skill and immersion does not sell as well as a game with a gear grind and focused on dungeon running.

Sorry

With total lack of sandbox customization elements that shoehorn people into the style of play they want you to play. All this on top of a themepark world masquerading as dynamic (and sandbox) when its really just a series of ever present quests that randomly appear when they want and respawn only minutes later to start again (thus not really having much effect let alone a permanent one).

What? It’s true.

enough is enough

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I wouldn’t be playing GW2 if it was more like GW1. I never cared for Magic the Gathering style build mechanics. If I wanted that in a game I would play Magic the Gathering.

ArenaNet has previously said that offering thousands of skill combinations ended up with people using one or two optimized builds in the end. They learned from their past mistakes rather than repeating them, which is a rare thing for any company.

I found the PvE game play was more about watching icons on the UI and playing whack-the-mole with interrupts and such. I did not find that enjoyable at all, GW2 has much more interesting PvE gameplay IMO

The PvP in GW1 was enjoyable but I also find the PvP in GW2 enjoyable. They have delivered open world PvP in a way I have wanted to see for a long time.

I am glad ArenaNet decided to make a new game rather than just update GW1. Too many MMO companies simply copy what they previously did and are ridiculed for it. ArenaNet tries to do something new and other people say they should have copied what they did in the past. There are times when I really do not envy game designers.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

enough is enough

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

On my user page on the old guildwiki site I had a GW1 “wish list” that I kept updated over the years. Some items were never added to the game, and a few of them were. It was great to see an item on my list get fixed or added to the game and then I would strike it through and cross it off the list.

As a primarily solo-oriented player, one of my most wanted items in GW1 was to allow a full party of heroes. It took a long time, but that item did eventually make it into the game. Some people think heroes “ruined” the game, but personally I loved them and having a full party added months of fun game time for me.

Normally I’d say let’s have patience, gave the development team some time, let the community’s desires be known, and over time they will eventually address these issues. It happened in GW1, so why shouldn’t it happen with GW2? From the general feeling of the forums though it sounds like many people are of the opinion that corporate politics or other things at the company may mean things aren’t as positive over there now compared to how they were years ago. I cannot speculate on that, so I’ll continue to enjoy my time with GW2, and hold out hope that given enough time the community’s voice will be heard.

To that end, please allow us to access all content regardless of if we are solo or in a group. Give us either:
1. Dungeons that scale to party size
or
2. Henchmen to allow solo players or small parties to fill out to a full size party

enough is enough

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

From the BWE, I always felt GW2 was VERY, VERY different from GW1, and though I had to adapt (I haven’t played most common MMORPGs, though I am an RPG veteran and did play GW1 since Factions release), I did always feel that only the lore felt similar, as well as perhaps the cooperative aspects of both games (in this one, cooperation works/is rewarded even better.) I just accepted it as part of the game’s evolution, rather than just a “betrayal” of any sort-while there are some things I may miss, GW2 did add tons of good, new stuff with it that GW1 didn’t use to have.

enough is enough

mavet.3047

mmmhmmm - you’re absolutely correct. Nerfing all the drops and forcing players into one type of niche to garner decent gear is just about better in all ways.

This isn’t even remotely true.

There are 4-6 ways to get "Decent gear" right off the top of my head, and more that I’m sure I haven’t even discovered or used.

Exotics from:

WvW
Dungeons
Drops
Mystic Forge

Look at how incredibly niche that is! Gods there’s only 6 solid ways to get a full set of exotic gear. It must be *impossible* to get decent gear!

You’re just sucked into your own confirmation bias and WANT to hate on the game. So you do mental gymnastics to let you do so.

Gee, I’m sorry. I and all the rest of the crap tons of posts on these forums and other gaming forums, yes, gw2 players play other games and have posted the kind of crap the devs pulled here over there, must all be wrong and hallucinating. The zone drops are exactly the same without any changes - correct?? I must be mistaken as well when the very best next tier of armour and weaps, which NCSoft/ANet LIED TO ALL OF US and said this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, can ONLY BE FOUND in the new dungeon - right?? Or am I, and with the majority of ppl complaining about this, just wrong?? If so, please tell me and everyone else what we are missing. Thanks in advance

P.S. DR must be our imagination as well when using the mystic forge and in other areas of the game - correct??

Mors janua vitæ

enough is enough

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

I must be mistaken as well when the very best next tier of armour and weaps, which NCSoft/ANet LIED TO ALL OF US and said this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, can ONLY BE FOUND in the new dungeon – right??

You did catch the part where they said that there are other ways to get the new armor, they didn’t release those yet because they were still half baked, and in retrospect this was a big mistake… right?

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

enough is enough

mavet.3047

I must be mistaken as well when the very best next tier of armour and weaps, which NCSoft/ANet LIED TO ALL OF US and said this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, can ONLY BE FOUND in the new dungeon - right??

You did catch the part where they said that there are other ways to get the new armor, they didn’t release those yet because they were still half baked, and in retrospect this was a big mistake... right?

They’ve lied to us already, their credibility is now crap. They’re going to have to do something MAJOR to regain public trust. But then again, NCsoft/ANet have a long history of lying to their player base and creating huge problems - I thought that maybe this time would be different. But I guess they’re trying to be like The Kiss of Death, i.e., EA, and Actiblizz.

Mors janua vitæ

enough is enough

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

I must be mistaken as well when the very best next tier of armour and weaps, which NCSoft/ANet LIED TO ALL OF US and said this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, can ONLY BE FOUND in the new dungeon – right?? Or am I, and with the majority of ppl complaining about this, just wrong?? If so, please tell me and everyone else what we are missing. Thanks in advance

Yes, you actually are wrong.
1. The currently present new gear in the dungeon is only needed if you want to run that dungeon above lvl 20. Outside the new dungeon, it’s just fluff to show off in chat.
2. The future new gear(as in, when that new gear really becomes a part of the game as a whole) was said to be obtainable through other means. For all we know, they’ll mail a set to every player.
You and the majority of people complaining about it do it for the sake of it, not because it’s actually, ammm, important….

enough is enough

JaironKalach.4938

They’ve lied to us already, their credibility is now crap. They’re going to have to do something MAJOR to regain public trust. But then again, NCsoft/ANet have a long history of lying to their player base and creating huge problems – I thought that maybe this time would be different. But I guess they’re trying to be like The Kiss of Death, i.e., EA, and Actiblizz.

Sorry, which lie are you talking about? The lie that there would be no vertical progression (shall I find you the link from 2011 where they suggested it would.) Or are we talking about the mistake where they released one form of achieving ascended gear before having the others ready?

I play on Maguuma

enough is enough

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

They said blatantly from the very first announcement that GW2 would largely be a continuation of the story, not the gameplay. And they made this change because GW1 was one of the most flawed gameplay systems ever, it was meant to be PvP driven yet was dependent on PvE sandbox customization. The system they made may have been great to play with but was heavily flawed and impossible to balance. It would have been incredibly stupid to replicate it’s flaws.

Total bull. You could jump straight into PvP and completely ignore PvE in GW1. You could even unlock elite armour looks in PvP.

GW1 was also known as one of the most balanced PvP systems that were out there. Sure there were issues but it certainly beats sPvP in GW2 hands down.

Next thing you’re gonna tell us that PvP in GW2 is balanced…..lmao.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

enough is enough

Posted by: Grimrah.9256

Grimrah.9256

As sad as it makes me to say this….this game is just not for everyone. I mean you have a choice to play it and enjoy it and accept it for the awesome game that it is or stay nostalgic and want your old game back. Change happens as in the case here and it is a personal choice to embrace it or complain and ask why why why….but, you will never get a good answer to any of the things you ask so sorry to say just deal with it or fold up.

enough is enough

mavet.3047

So I guess that everyone is wrong here and there were no world drop nerfs, vertical progression was already promised to us, etc... So how is it so many ppl here are delusional thinking otherwise? I guess ppl were delusional as well in D3 when the devs there did the exact same thing with the drop nerfs - or maybe they didn’t and everyone there was delusional as well...

Mors janua vitæ

enough is enough

JaironKalach.4938

Here are your links.

2011 had promise of vertical progression.
Drop Nerf was recognized as an issue and devs intended to move on it. They haven’t said what the result of their discussion/inquiry was.

Vertical Progression Promise
Vertical Progression Promise 2
(Search for Expansion)

Drop Rate

I play on Maguuma

enough is enough

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

OMG, loved this. I remember Krytan Ettin farming for superior runes with MM (I also did it with trap ranger). Good times.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!