eta on actual content?

eta on actual content?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

So, was curious.

I get that everyone’s busy with the expansion. And this latest patch had some change to LA. Cool.

Still wondering when we might actually get some playable content though.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Standard response: “It will be ready when it’s ready.”

That’s about all you will get from them. They don’t really announce things until they are ready to, so, if they have not said they are ready, you will get the standard response.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Before HoT? likely some rehashed content, like SAB…
But, no one knows and likely no official word to come from a forum thread.

eta on actual content?

Stark.1350

I’d take even a WvW tournament.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Crossflip.4390

Crossflip.4390

insert obligatory gem store comment

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Lets see you can do:
1)sPvP
2)WvW
3)Dungeons
4)Fractals
5)World bosses
6)Collections
7)AP Hunting
8)Mini games, jumping puzzles etc
9)Gearing/Legendaries
10)World completion
11)Guild Missions

Take your pick. All the above is content available to you right now. Anet isn’t obligated to provide anything else. Especially since we know a huge content dump is coming….

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Lets see you can do:
1)sPvP
2)WvW
3)Dungeons
4)Fractals
5)World bosses
6)Collections
7)AP Hunting
9)Gearing/Legendaries
10)World completion
11)Guild Missions

Take your pick. All the above is content available to you right now. Anet isn’t obligated to provide anything else. Especially since we know a huge content dump is coming….

Who said anything about obligation?

eta on actual content?

Stark.1350

Rank 50 in pvp, 600 in WvW, Dungeon Master, have a legendary, full ascended armor and 14,000 AP’s. Played since release.

I run my own small guild. People are getting bored, plain and simple, even with lots of guild activities.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

3 months

eta on actual content?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

When HoT launches.
Don’t expect anything before that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Rank 50 in pvp, 600 in WvW, Dungeon Master, have a legendary, full ascended armor and 14,000 AP’s. Played since release.

I run my own small guild. People are getting bored, plain and simple, even with lots of guild activities.

Do what my guild does- take a break and come back later.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The only possible changes coming before the official HoT release are the personal story changes and LA changes. Both of those have been given a minimum boundary of 8 weeks, both could be bundled into HoT but from the write-ups they sound like separate things.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The only possible changes coming before the official HoT release are the personal story changes and LA changes. Both of those have been given a minimum boundary of 8 weeks, both could be bundled into HoT but from the write-ups they sound like separate things.

Non-elite specializations are also coming before HoT

eta on actual content?

Posted by: DragonKlawz.4920

DragonKlawz.4920

I’ve gotta say, A-net have been pretty kitten good with updating the game pretty regularly, throwing in chunks of content for us here and there too.

You might not know but the Mac client has had some major work done in the last few weeks. I have a gaming pc but it’s not portable and after recent patches I’ve been able to play for quite a few hours without the game crashing.

It may seem like it takes them a while but making new content takes a while to make and if I have to wait a while longer for them to get the new content to us because they want it to be as good as it usually is when we get it, that’s fine by me.

I find it hard to see a lack of content in this game.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You might not know but the Mac client has had some major work done in the last few weeks. I have a gaming pc but it’s not portable and after recent patches I’ve been able to play for quite a few hours without the game crashing.

. . . whoa, wait, really?

You mean I might be able to rope in my perma-Mac-using friends because the client won’t break down on them repeatedly? Crap that’s content enough for me.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I’ve gotta say, A-net have been pretty kitten good with updating the game pretty regularly, throwing in chunks of content for us here and there too.

It may seem like it takes them a while but making new content takes a while to make and if I have to wait a while longer for them to get the new content to us because they want it to be as good as it usually is when we get it, that’s fine by me.

I find it hard to see a lack of content in this game.

The last time the game was given a content update was Chapter 8 of Season 2, which was…early/mid Jan (which itself came after a 6 week Wintersday break, which was mostly just a rehash of the previous two years with an extra scavenger hunt). The only thing else added content wise (besides gem store items) was a 1 week rehash of Dragon Bash with a reskin of two smallish areas and some new items, of which the food is kinda useless now (only providing the MF boost during the celebration). So it’s been about 4-4.5 months since we’ve had any actual content added to the game.

We have also had an 8 week PvP tourney, of which PvP only got boosts for ~5-6 days, but only because of bigger tournaments that were being shown on twitch. We could also have a 4-8 WvW tourney announced later today during Ready Up. But neither of those are technically new content, just incentivizing us to play one mode over another for a couple of weeks (which at this point I’d welcome a WvW tourney).

I’m not saying that they haven’t updated the game with other QoL stuff or bug fixes since then, because they have. First Person view, stability changes, and the incoming Personal Story rework, the new trait changes, LA getting rebuilt etc., all solid good stuff that I’m happy are in the game or coming to it within the next couple of months.

Personally, I think putting the LW on hold until HoT was a mistake. They mentioned a long time ago that they had 3 teams each getting 2-3 months to make a LS chapter in rotation. I can only assume that they’ve been pulled to work on HoT or the LW after HoT’s story. It’s been 4+ months and it is still another 3 for the coveted “3 year anniversary hopeful launch”, but we have nothing to look forward to but to grind the things that we’ve put off because we didn’t want to do them before (yay grinding out all dungeon skins, thirst slayer, weapon slayer on weapons you hate to use, etc.).

And with still no announcement of when it’s coming out it’s looking like HoT might come even later in the year (people can still hope that the pre-order announcement may get mentioned soon, or we may need to wait till E3).

Anet is finally keeping the hype up with a good month of solid reveals (after 4-5 weeks of almost no new information), but that information doesn’t really give us much to do in game (outside of grind gear/skins for an elite spec). And hype for HoT doesn’t mean many of us are getting burnt out with nothing really new to do.

Honestly, I just hope that they’ll give us Stronghold and the new WvW borderland when they’re finished instead of waiting for HoT (considering everyone is getting them anyways, they aren’t really a “feature” of HoT). And I assume the new trait reworks still have another 1-3 months of dev time.

TLDR: We haven’t had content in 4+ months, and we won’t have content for at least another 3+ months, unless they give us Stronghold or the new WvW borderland early.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

when ever HoT releases, which, knowing Anet, we won’t know about until the day preorders are made available.

#"Communication"Policy

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

No one knows! NO ONE! I doubt even Anet knows.
Sorry I’ve just seen way too many ETA threads lately.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Actually, I took a break. I play 20 minutes/day for my daily’s, and log off.

Having a great time trying other games around (Even more now that I can play FF on steam).

eta on actual content?

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

With the last delay of the elite reveal I have revised my expected launch date from early/mid summer to (late? O_o ) fall .

AND YES we HAD an an announcement, search for “Heart of Thorns” on the youtube.

Honestly had I known that the whole expansion complex is that far away from release that even a beta seems to be months away, I wouldn´t have bothered coming back right now.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

With the last delay of the elite reveal I have revised my expected launch date from early/mid summer to (late? O_o ) fall .

Honestly had I known that the whole expansion complex is that far away from release that even a beta seems to be months away, I wouldn´t have bothered coming back right now.

Okay I give up. If you came back too early, what’s to stop you from continuing your break?

eta on actual content?

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

Guess the witcher is calling my name…

eta on actual content?

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Lets see you can do:
1)sPvP
2)WvW
3)Dungeons
4)Fractals
5)World bosses
6)Collections
7)AP Hunting
9)Gearing/Legendaries
10)World completion
11)Guild Missions

Let’s see, what have i been doing for the past 100 days.. I wonder..
Oh sorry, i missed a digit. I meant 1000*.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Magic 8 Ball says:

Please insert 100 gems and ask again.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Still wondering when we might actually get some playable content though.

Soon™

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

~Rolls 5 d20 at the same time~extrapolates answer based on the 5 rolled d20~

The answer is two weeks.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

eta on actual content?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Lets see you can do:
1)sPvP
2)WvW
3)Dungeons
4)Fractals
5)World bosses
6)Collections
7)AP Hunting
9)Gearing/Legendaries
10)World completion
11)Guild Missions

Most veteran players have done all of this. And then done it. And then done it. And then done it aaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll over again. And then they did it all again.

The game has been out for nearly three years, think about that.

You know what I’d like to do? I’d like to replay through season one of living story, so that I would have a chance to actually slow down and enjoy it since it was heavily rushed and fractured at the time. Oh wait! I can’t. Nevermind.

Maybe I can do some of those jump puzzles, dungeons, and guild missions thet they added. Nevermind, they didn’t add much after the initial revisions.

Well, at least we got a few new fractals to grind out, right? But wait, that was over a year ago and people have already done them a thousand times.

I’m really trying to think of something here, I promise.

I’m tired so I’m going to sleep now. But I can tell you this much, I have a date with the Tower of Nightmares in my dreams. Because that’s the only place it exists!

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

eta on actual content?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is not a delay.
We have known since the very first week of Elite specialization reveals that the first batch would only give us three of them. It is not something they decided last week.

Beta seems to be months away?
I would say beta is less then a month away actually.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

eta on actual content?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Guess the witcher is calling my name…

As it should, it’s a pretty sweet game!