everything cept ecto's at new lows

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This economy…..just why did they let it sink this bad? This isn’t healthy. Also I can’t sell all my mats for gold to buy gems……….gem prices aren’t dipping under 100g per 400 even with these low mat costs.

Oh wait, nevermind I think I found out why everything we own has become halfed in value.

Does anyone really believe this si gonna bounce back though? I mean when the next expansion and legendary armour (prolly won’t be out till next expansion lol) comes out it will change ‘for a while’ anyways….but its gonna go back to this point at this rate and keep slinking farther and farther to poverty.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

Wait for Ab nerf. Then we’ll see what happens. IF that’s what your talking about. Kind of vague.

(edited by Grover.8753)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What happened to all those arguments that low prices were a good thing? All those threads praising the AB chest runs and arguing against any nerfs? Just pull up one of those threads and read the argument why its good for mats to be cheap.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

What happened to all those arguments that low prices were a good thing? All those threads praising the AB chest runs and arguing against any nerfs? Just pull up one of those threads and read the argument why its good for mats to be cheap.

AB isn’t even the reason things are at ‘new lows’. It’s the unbound magic/berry farm which is destroying all the markets like Charged Cores/Powerful Blood/Damask etc.

AB is primarily ectos which is the one thing OP says isn’t ‘worthless’.

I always seem to hear people complaining about how market manipulators push prices up and make everything cost more yet here we are someone saying things are too cheap lmao. Can’t seem to satisfy everyone.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Just a flesh wound.3589

AB isn’t even the reason things are at ‘new lows’. It’s the unbound magic/berry farm which is destroying all the markets like Charged Cores/Powerful Blood/Damask etc.

AB is primarily ectos which is the one thing OP says isn’t ‘worthless’.

I always seem to hear people complaining about how market manipulators push prices
up and make everything cost more yet here we are someone saying things are too cheap lmao. Can’t seem to satisfy everyone.

How about reading what I actually said.

I referred to the AB thread as a place to read the argument as to why it’s good for mat prices to be cheap. Not ecto prices.

“Just pull up one of those threads and read the argument why it’s good for mats to be cheap”

ANet may give it to you.

fishball.7204

I actually misquoted and meant to quote the guy above you but w/e.

Your point is also wrong though, just because OP is unhappy doesn’t mean the arguments in the AB threads are wrong. Cheaper mats = people that WANT TO BUY MATS are happy but people that WANT TO SELL MATS are unhappy. It’s pretty obvious different people want different things so there’s always gonna be someone happy or unhappy.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Just a flesh wound.3589

Your point is also wrong though, just because OP is unhappy doesn’t mean the arguments in the AB threads are wrong. Cheaper mats = people that WANT TO BUY MATS are happy but people that WANT TO SELL MATS are unhappy. It’s pretty obvious different people want different things so there’s always gonna be someone happy or unhappy.

I didn’t say the arguments in the AB thread were right or wrong. I said for him to read the thread to read the argument.

ANet may give it to you.

fishball.7204

I didn’t say the arguments in the AB thread were right or wrong. I said for him to read the thread to read the argument.

How about reading what you actually post yourself?

What happened to all those arguments that low prices were a good thing?

I’m saying those exact arguments still apply in the current situation even though the OP is unhappy.

Pretty obvious you’re mad about AB ML or biased against it and the people who take part in it, well guess what I don’t farm AB lmao.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

Just a flesh wound.3589

How about reading what you actually post yourself?

What happened to all those arguments that low prices were a good thing?

I’m saying those exact arguments still apply in the current situation even though the OP is unhappy.

I said the arguments said it was a good thing. I didn’t say if I agreed with the arguments or disagreed.

ANet may give it to you.

fishball.7204

Don’t worry they’ll nerf AB soon and you can be mad about something else.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Just a flesh wound.3589

Don’t worry they’ll nerf AB soon and you can be mad about something else.

That doesn’t even fit the conversation, for the OP or for me.

Did you read what was actually said?

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The supply has stayed the same, but no one is buying crafting materials as much anymore. This is due to some player having everything that they want. The players are trying to sell materials as fast as possible causing the prices to decrease. Look at silk for example it has been steady decreasing for awhile. Whenever A-net introduces new items that’s when the price of stuff drastically change. Also some of the older players have been build stockpiles of mats waiting for the next legendaries to drop.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Just a flesh wound.3589

Them removing getting the new precursors from throwing rares in the Mystic Forge has hit the T5 mat prices hard. I’ve got stacks of them that I’m holding on to.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Don’t worry the economy will re-adjust on its own

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Wait, all materials are at record low prices?

That’s brilliant! I was put off making the new mini Aurene because the various parts were quite expensive to craft. Maybe now I can get on and finish it. And get my remaining crafts up to 500, maybe craft some of the skins that are still missing from my wardrobe…

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

its not brilliant, if everything is trivial to get then everyone gets everything, therefore everything becomes meaningless. As an extreme example, see WOW where everyone runs about with the same legendary, so ‘legendary’ becomes meaningless

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

its not brilliant, if everything is trivial to get then everyone gets everything, therefore everything becomes meaningless. As an extreme example, see WOW where everyone runs about with the same legendary, so ‘legendary’ becomes meaningless

I don’t care if other people have the same things I do. If they want it and they’re now able to get it too I see that as a good thing.

But the important thing is if the OP is right that all material prices are low now is a good time for me to work on all the goals I’ve been put off finishing by high prices. So while it’s bad if you’re a seller for someone who typically buys more materials than they sell it’s a very good thing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Do you like the government touching your pay checks? Whatever your answer is why do you want Arena net to touch the economy? It’s literally impossible to please the buyers and sellers at the same time.

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

The TP is a pure supply / demand driven economy.
If prices are dropping its simply more supply / less demand which is exactly how its supposed to work.
Such a system will balance itself over time.
Its much better than hyperinflation which affects most MMOs.
Its totally unrealistic to expect that commodity prices will always go up.

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Yea i notice, lot of mats are getting so cheap almost worthless, better to throw away. I think is due to now with berries and so many maps full of events people get too many mats for salvaging gear (wood, cloth, leather) and the supply keeps going up so prices will fall. The only thing still kind of expensive is T6 leather because there is still not a way to get it easily. Even T6 mats i think have gone down in price a bit. Now i am no economist, i hate all that actually but no idea if this is good or bad.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This economy…..just why did they let it sink this bad? This isn’t healthy. Also I can’t sell all my mats for gold to buy gems……….gem prices aren’t dipping under 100g per 400 even with these low mat costs.

Oh wait, nevermind I think I found out why everything we own has become halfed in value.

Does anyone really believe this si gonna bounce back though? I mean when the next expansion and legendary armour (prolly won’t be out till next expansion lol) comes out it will change ‘for a while’ anyways….but its gonna go back to this point at this rate and keep slinking farther and farther to poverty.

Post like this bother me. You are essentially complaining about lower return on the tp because it hurts your personal income and gold to gems exchange rate.

Just be grateful the devs created a “free ride” path so you don’t have to spend a dime supporting the game for virtual goods and services.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Yea i notice, lot of mats are getting so cheap almost worthless, better to throw away. I think is due to now with berries and so many maps full of events people get too many mats for salvaging gear (wood, cloth, leather) and the supply keeps going up so prices will fall. The only thing still kind of expensive is T6 leather because there is still not a way to get it easily. Even T6 mats i think have gone down in price a bit. Now i am no economist, i hate all that actually but no idea if this is good or bad.

T6 mats have gone WAY down!!!!!

I usually sell my laurels for T6 mat bags then convert that to gold. I waited a good long time to have a lot of bags all at once …… then was shocked when I saw how little they now sold for. The fact most were common drops in the labyrinth did not help either though.

edit: Maybe I have my numbers wrong since I do not pay close attention. Anyone want to correct me?

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

What is the unbound magic/berry farm?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

T6 mats have gone WAY down!!!!!

I usually sell my laurels for T6 mat bags then convert that to gold. I waited a good long time to have a lot of bags all at once …… then was shocked when I saw how little they now sold for. The fact most were common drops in the labyrinth did not help either though.

edit: Maybe I have my numbers wrong since I do not pay close attention. Anyone want to correct me?

Your numbers are wrong. For the past year or three, the value of a bag of heavy crafting mats (i.e. 3 drops from the list of T6 mats) has varied from between 60 silver and 120 silver or so (before fees). Currently, a bag is worth about 75 silver.

So the values of T6 are low, but not “way down” compared to the yearly patterns. Similarly, ecto are about as low as they’ve been since the early days of the game, but not at all time lows.

You don’t have to be an economist, just look at any of the websites that show historical prices. Four of these are linked from the wiki page of any item that can be sold on the TP. My personal favorite is gw2tp.com because it shows 6 months with a click of a button and you can get the full history with another two clicks.

Be sure to compare a “basket of goods” rather than any single item (or even just a few). During Halloween, bones & venom drop a lot, but that doesn’t mean that blood does. Leather is pricey now, but it used to be vendor trash (and when it was, cloth and metal was dear).

If you’re lazy, you can look at the value of Zojja’s inscriptions and insignias, since the former includes ecto, blood, wood, and metal & the latter has leather & cloth (instead of wood & metal).

• June to Dec 2016: ~60g to 100g
  • Nov 2015 to June 2016: ~50g to 80g

Insignia: asking prices (WTS) again:

• June to Dec 2016: ~75g to 120g
  • Nov 2015 to June 2016: ~70g to 120g

In other words, recent peak prices are every bit as high as they have been in the past year; recent low prices have been slightly higher in the last six months compared to the six months prior.

tl;dr the market varies up & down for a variety of reasons. The low prices now are great for those wanting to craft their first legendary and are horrid for those looking to sell the mats for which those folks would pay a premium at other times.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Menadena.7482

Thanks, When I saw the price I looked up a couple T6 mats on one of those sites. It did not show it hugely down (although not way up either) but I thought I had usually gotten much more before so wondered where my error was. I am guessing I sold a few at a time and was thinking of the total price. Nice to see it is not like 1/4 the normal price or something.

Posted by: Trianna.2789

Trianna.2789

Sounds like you spend a lot of time worrying about what other people are doing and what they have. Some of us couldn’t care less.

I would be thrilled to see all mats of every level drop to about 1s for anything you wanted, and a decent amount of cash loot drop from monsters (I mean, seriously, less than a SILVER from level 80 mobs?!?). It’s a shame that in this game you can’t buy stuff that other people sell to a particular vendor.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well T6 leather is dropping because MO said during the last AMA that they will provide a means to farm leather.

As for other mats the most recent drop may be a rebound created when Episode 3 came out and players abandoned their usual play en masse which reduced new supply flowing into the TP which caused the price to rise. Now two weeks later players have returned to their usual haunts and new supply is flowing again which cause those prices to drop. An higher than normal price may have encouraged others to “farm” which the increases the supply flowing in and lowers the price.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Then there are the T5 Fine crafting mats (especially fangs, totems, and venom sacs) that rain from enemies in HoT maps. They only make a couple copper a piece on the TP.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

interesting how prices get more better bring better deals for all . and yet they cry about it

instead of thinking to the bright side of this like hey cheaper prices hum i got the gold

now maybe i will get a stack or two of mats or iron and stock up for my crafting stuff .

thus selling more items at one time and making more gold . but that last part gets me

is the most of all this the gold . you got that much setting around got every thing you

want then some why need more gold unless they came out with some new rank or

something like they have the new weapons ??

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Then there are the T5 Fine crafting mats (especially fangs, totems, and venom sacs) that rain from enemies in HoT maps. They only make a couple copper a piece on the TP.

Of course they rain, they only drop from high level critters and since HoT and LWS3 is level 80 and their zones are populated with high level critters … guess what happens. Nobody wants to use them at level 80 so high supply, low demand and that equals a low price. Law of supply and demand in action.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

The economy isnt bad, is better now. The Game should be fair to the new players not hard. if the “old players” control the prices the game will gonna in the situation of Korean grind games. BTW im also a “farmer”, if the prices isnt atractive to farm, just go enjoy the content like hunting AP points, WvW fun.

Well, for those need leather, just go to Bitterfrost, and run all kodas flame events, farm it.

I do not care about “farmers” and market manipulators, I’ll teach you how to make Bitterfrost map and make videos.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

“Dear devs, I’d like everything I sell to have a very high price and everything I buy to be very cheap. Thanks.”

;p

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

“Also please fix it for me so that I can just play the game, make loads of money and convert it to gems at a really good rate because I refuse to spend real money in this game.”

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

ekarat.1085

Remember that prices are relative — relative to historic prices and relative to other goods.

Who is to say that 100g for 400 gems is high? Only when compared to previous prices. However, if it’s easier to farm 100g (AB multiloot), then gems can be relatively more affordable even at the same price.

However, when something hits vendor trash, then we’ve hit the point where we’re removing an oversupply from game. So, that is a limit on how cheap things can get.

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

The economy isnt bad, is better now. The Game should be fair to the new players not hard. if the “old players” control the prices the game will gonna in the situation of Korean grind games. BTW im also a “farmer”, if the prices isnt atractive to farm, just go enjoy the content like hunting AP points, WvW fun.

Well, for those need leather, just go to Bitterfrost, and run all kodas flame events, farm it.

I do not care about “farmers” and market manipulators, I’ll teach you how to make Bitterfrost map and make videos.

a good farmer would know to find another way to make money anyways. i agree with you, prices down is good. Theres plenty of ways to make money and plenty of ways to enjoy the game. Making less money =/= broken economy.

Menadena.7482

Remember that prices are relative — relative to historic prices and relative to other goods.

Who is to say that 100g for 400 gems is high? Only when compared to previous prices. However, if it’s easier to farm 100g (AB multiloot), then gems can be relatively more affordable even at the same price.

However, when something hits vendor trash, then we’ve hit the point where we’re removing an oversupply from game. So, that is a limit on how cheap things can get.

I would not use multiloot as a comparison. Anet has said that is an unintended exploit and they are working on a fix.

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

This community never stops to amaze me …. if i say in what, my comment will be deleted (hurray for anet)
What do you mean other people shouldn’t affect me? ‘Everything is cheap so I can work on my goals’ You wan’t every single item ingame?:) For free?
And if everyone runs with legendaries then my items will become worthless and I will have ABSOLUTELY 0 MOTIVATION TO WORK TOWARDS THEM SINCE… EVERYONE GOT IT AND IT WONT BE SPECIAL ANYMORE… This logic tho jesus… let everyone have everything for free, why not?….

ekarat.1085

I would not use multiloot as a comparison. Anet has said that is an unintended exploit and they are working on a fix.

AB multiloot is just a standin for whatever people do to earn money. It doesn’t matter.

The point is that the real cost of gems is relative to how easy it is to make money. It even goes the other way as well. When AB multiloot goes away, it will become more difficult to purchase gems for gold, even at the same exchange rate. That is, the “value” of 100g will change.