everytime i logged in gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Glory.1493

Glory.1493

cant stand how ugly the heavy armor on my human male is and had to log out play another game. checked on BLTC every week see if anet made some good armor was all i can do

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Well, that’s less than glorious. Keep on hoping!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Good to hear man! Keep on truckin’!

Glory.1493

plz i mean it…..why medium armors sooo good while heavys are rediculous

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Could be personal opinion – Try switching gender and see your cleavage bounce around.

zenleto.6179

Its just personal preference and taste. There’s plenty of people who would find it the opposite of yourself. No harm in disliking or liking art, except you find it hard to play the game.

Glory.1493

Could be personal opinion – Try switching gender and see your cleavage bounce around.

i know they are fantastic on female character but i just wanna be male…..

Glory.1493

Its just personal preference and taste. There’s plenty of people who would find it the opposite of yourself. No harm in disliking or liking art, except you find it hard to play the game.

1k5hrs on my guardian and 1/3 of it was spending on finding armor piece….another 2/3 was hoping for anet make good ones

Posted by: Manthas.6234

Manthas.6234

Could you give as an example of what you find good looking heavy armor?

Glory.1493

Could you give as an example of what you find good looking heavy armor?

sure!

Attachments:

Glory.1493

kitten …..guess no one agree with me

zenleto.6179

I thought you were trying to push another game, sorry.

Yes, it looks alright, and it looks like something similar could be put together here.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Honestly I’m busy looking for good medium armor which isn’t a coat.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Strider and kryta for gems, sneaktheif not gems but kind of hooker wear look on females.

Posted by: Taffy Catt.2784

Taffy Catt.2784

Hi Glory – just wondered whether you’ve considered using any of the Outfits? The “Shadow Assissin’s” is one that I sometimes use to conceal heavy armor that I don’t like.

Glory.1493

Yes, it looks alright, and it looks like something similar could be put together here.

i wasnt cuz u cant find this pic anywhere in NA/EU.and no i have 500+armor skin in gw2 but none of them has this similar leg part.all much too slim

Glory.1493

Hi Glory – just wondered whether you’ve considered using any of the Outfits? The “Shadow Assissin’s” is one that I sometimes use to conceal heavy armor that I don’t like.

thanks i know that outfit is good on female but honestly its a very wrong ninja outfit
on male.large chest and slim leg/boot ruined it on male.

Glory.1493

i m busy looking for good heavy armor which is coat T_T

zenleto.6179

i wasnt cuz u cant find this pic anywhere in NA/EU.and no i have 500+armor skin in gw2 but none of them has this similar leg part.all much too slim

Yeah, no puffy pants. I just looked at your pic on my iPad and nothing in gw2 could really come close. That I could put together anyway.

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

Then change your armor

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

This sounds like a personal issue, as armor tastes are subjective.

Hope you find what you’re looking for! It’s not fun playing a game where you dislike the way your character looks, I don’t blame you for not wanting to log in.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

If you don’t like the heavy armor skins, play a medium or light class? Or look at some of the more elite heavy skins like from dungeons or cultural armor. If you still don’t like any of those, I guess you could wait for the expansion as that is when new skins are the most likely to come out.

Glory.1493

If you don’t like the heavy armor skins, play a medium or light class? Or look at some of the more elite heavy skins like from dungeons or cultural armor. If you still don’t like any of those, I guess you could wait for the expansion as that is when new skins are the most likely to come out.

yes i have one ranger..medium armor was so great on my ranger but i love my guardian better cuz its good in tpvp. i know ranger can be tough too but after 500hrs on ranger pvp i still think guardian is better

Glory.1493

Yeah, no puffy pants. I just looked at your pic on my iPad and nothing in gw2 could really come close. That I could put together anyway.

u were right about it .i didnt expect anet make puffy pants as that pic was from some chinese mmo,but i hope the expansion bring some none chicken leg leg/boots

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

This ‘problem’ could easily be solved if they’d allow us to use a Transmutation Charge to skin a heavy armour piece with a medium or light armour skin, or any of the other combinations. I for one would love to see my female human Elementalist running about in heavy Flame Legion armour.

Glory.1493

This ‘problem’ could easily be solved if they’d allow us to use a Transmutation Charge to skin a heavy armour piece with a medium or light armour skin, or any of the other combinations. I for one would love to see my female human Elementalist running about in heavy Flame Legion armour.

that would be great!

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

that would be great!

It would be so easy to implement too. Sadly though, I doubt it’ll ever happen.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

that would be great!

It would be so easy to implement too. Sadly though, I doubt it’ll ever happen.

At this point, I’ll put in the quote from the Dev. He was talking about town clothes, but he spoke a bit about armor also.

Source (page 18).
“When we started looking at bringing more of the clothing back into armor with mix and match styles there are some fundamental incompatible things between weight classes. (part of how we set up every armor to allow many dye channels and styles per piece).. There really is no way at this point over six years since we started development to make absolutely everything work together.”

(One of the incompatibilities I’ve read about besides the problem with the number of dye channels per piece, is that the different armor weights have seams in different places)

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

Have you tried mixing and matching armor? Sometimes the right combination of armor and dyes can create a rather unique look.

I tried my best to make a crude reproduction of the picture you posted earlier. It is hit-and-miss, but I tried to get it as close as I could with what I had.

In case you’re interested, I used:

Shoulders = Vigil’s Honor Pauldrons
Chest = Brawn of Koda
Gloves = Militia Gauntlets
Legs = Body of Koda
Boots = Phalanx Warboots

The dyes were a combination of: Black, Blood, Fluff, and Fog

Attachments:

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: RAWR.4273

RAWR.4273

Are any of these similar to what you’re looking for? I think they look nice for heavy armor.

Attachments: