expansion of current types to more classes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FliFlaFlooo.2904

FliFlaFlooo.2904

How’s your opinion on that?
Which weapons would you want to use on which class, thats atm unable to wield it?

I rly would want rifles on thiefs, as an pure dmg based ranged weapon(not utility only like sb or condi like pistols, except unload) and just for the epiq look and sniper feeling of it

I’m referring to this summary of an interview. http://splashurl.com/m3f9jcs
in the lower parts: “Although Johanson couldn’t commit to a timeframe, new weapon types and expansion of current types to more classes is absolutely in the works”

Posted by: LegacyOTS.4681

LegacyOTS.4681

I want short or long bow for guardian weird we have a spirit bow but cant use one lol.

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

I know I am lucky as a Mesmer to have already so much amazingness, so this will make people angry on two levels (Asking for more pvp and bring up GW1). I would like to see more options to keep me using a scepter Focus, maybe a rework of scepter where I can play a Mesmer more like the one I had in GW1 (Keep in mind no one played Mesmer in close combat or with GS in GW1 now it is standard). Maybe bring back empathy, phantasm illusion, Blackout, and Backfire, as I stated I would like it with Scepter/ focus so but hey I am not picky even added on as utility skills be fine by me.

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

I think it’d be awesome to add at least 1 new weapon to every class. Just 1 more weapon for each class would increase the diversity immensely.

FliFlaFlooo.2904

Warriors for example can use 11 weapons and 21 combinations, my thief only 6 and 12 combinations
not whining, but just feels like some classes could need 1 more weapon type added

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

Warriors for example can use 11 weapons and 21 combinations, my thief only 6 and 12 combinations
not whining, but just feels like some classes could need 1 more weapon type added

If anyone should cry it would be ELE. Staff, scepter, dagger, focus. I am not ele and I know they have the lighting, earth, water, fire to all of em but it is still pretty sad sauce they do not have crap.

FliFlaFlooo.2904

ofc, their options to choose from is pretty limited, but on the other hand they got twice the amount of skills. i think that has to be taken into account

I’m referring to the table below: http://splashurl.com/q44x3ng

Posted by: Aquila.5142

Aquila.5142

Axes for thieves. I want to go full Assassin’s Creed 3 with a hatchet in the right hand and a dagger in the left. That’d be amazing.

Brewergamer.8357

If anyone should cry it would be ELE. Staff, scepter, dagger, focus. I am not ele and I know they have the lighting, earth, water, fire to all of em but it is still pretty sad sauce they do not have crap.

Or engineers that have only rifle pistol and shield.

Brewergamer.8357

Axes for thieves. I want to go full Assassin’s Creed 3 with a hatchet in the right hand and a dagger in the left. That’d be amazing.

Aww yea, Arenanet add 1 more weapon for each class please! Thanks.

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

I think it’d be interesting to see pole arms, nunchakus and scythes in-game. I’m not a profession fanboy (people will align to anything these days won’t they?) so I couldn’t care less which class they’re on-only that the warrior doesn’t get any. As someone mentioned they already can use most weapons in the game so it does feel a bit off.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I want short or long bow for guardian weird we have a spirit bow but cant use one lol.

I agree with this. Also, I’d like for Mesmers to dual-wield pistols.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Hello, my main is an Engineer.

Hammers at least make sense for us, and it’d be nice to have another option.

FliFlaFlooo.2904

Indeed, engineers could rly need a melee weapon! could possibly help them to fit more into pve meta

Scythes would be awesome!! =D

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Indeed, engineers could rly need a melee weapon! could possibly help them to fit more into pve meta

Scythes would be awesome!! =D

^add this as a class or weapon set with skills for thief.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?