f2p ruining dungeon selling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Ever since the launch of f2p it has been impossible to sell dungeon paths for lower level dungeons (AC, CM) without tons of new players joining without reading the LFG.
These said f2p players can’t send gold or items to someone, so they are not even able to buy a dungeon path.

Selling dungeon paths is something that is acknowledged and allowed by Anet, so I think there should be filters that prevent certain people from joining groups.
This doesn’t only apply to selling dungeons, but also to normal LFGs which frequently get joined by low level f2p people, even tho the LFG specifically asked for someone thats level 80.

It would at least be reasonable to prevent people from joining your group after they have been kicked once, since I had people join my party over and over after being kicked repeatedly, making it impossible to let other people that have genuine interest join.

F2p ruined a big part of this game for me, and I find it sad that people that play this game for free negatively influence people like me, and lots of others, that payed 100+ euros for it

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Dungeon selling allowed but not officially support by arena net. They say do at risk like trading out of the TP. So you can not complain. It is risk you take.

;)

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

How about explaining it to them before kicking them?

Seems to me that the problem is you not them.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

bladex.9502

Its not only about dungeon selling, its about people in general not respecting the demands of a LFG.
Anet should implement certain filters to the LFG tool, that would make this game a lot more enjoyable for a lot of people.

bladex.9502

How about explaining it to them before kicking them?

Seems to me that the problem is you not them.

Every time someone with a low ap/level joins my group I ask them if they did read the LFG, and tell them that I intend to sell the path and if they are not here to buy it they should leave.
But 90% of the people simply don’t read/listen

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Ever since the launch of f2p it has been impossible to sell dungeon paths for lower level dungeons (AC, CM) without tons of new players joining without reading the LFG.
These said f2p players can’t send gold or items to someone, so they are not even able to buy a dungeon path.

Selling dungeon paths is something that is acknowledged and allowed by Anet, so I think there should be filters that prevent certain people from joining groups.
This doesn’t only apply to selling dungeons, but also to normal LFGs which frequently get joined by low level f2p people, even tho the LFG specifically asked for someone thats level 80.

It would at least be reasonable to prevent people from joining your group after they have been kicked once, since I had people join my party over and over after being kicked repeatedly, making it impossible to let other people that have genuine interest join.

F2p ruined a big part of this game for me, and I find it sad that people that play this game for free negatively influence people like me, and lots of others, that payed 100+ euros for it

The bold is what needs to be addressed. Yes, Anet does allow people to sell dungeon paths however they have said they do not support it. You see if you “buy” a path from someone and they don’t give you the path than that is your own loss. Anet won’t help you. The same goes for if people join your LFG but can’t pay. Anet does not support the selling of dungeon paths and will not change anything to support that idea. Sorry dude but you are out of luck. You have to either deal with it or move on and do something else.

Qugi.2653

Its not only about dungeon selling, its about people in general not respecting the demands of a LFG.
Anet should implement certain filters to the LFG tool, that would make this game a lot more enjoyable for a lot of people.

Title of your thread and main issue is dungeon selling and how f2p ruin it so it seem to you it is most about dungeon selling and reason for your post.

;)

bladex.9502

Title of your thread and main issue is dungeon selling and how f2p ruin it so it seem to you it is most about dungeon selling and reason for your post.

My main issue is the dungeon selling part, since I have a guild and friendslist I do dungeons with and therefore never have to pug something.
But a lot of people complain about people that aren’t asked for joining a LFG that has certain demands, and I feel like Anet should do something about this.

If you go to a restaurant and order a steak, would you like it if you get brought fish instead?

Posted by: Exile.2745

Exile.2745

LFG spot selling isn’t your own personal lucrative moneymaking venture, it’s something ANet lets you do because it doesn’t cause too much harm (it’s a service some players are willing to pay for) and punishing it would take up a whole bunch of time and effort. It’s not something they will actively help you with though. This thread really highlights your naivety.

Qugi.2653

I do dungeon 3 or 4 time a day with LFG and never see problem with free play player since this start. You are mad because it ruin your dungeon sell like you say in thread title and OP. Sorry but arena net allow but do not support dungeon sell. So they will not make change because of your dungeon sell complaint. Here is what gaile gray say about dungeon selling at you own risk.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Policy-on-the-LFG-Tool/first#post4769104

;)

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

let’s be fair; dungeon selling is tolerated, but Anet have no obligation – and I suspect no
motivation – to support it in any way shape or form.

and I suspect Anet care a whole lot more about F2P players than dungeon sellers.

bladex.9502

So basically
This entire subforum is filled with people wanting to be rewarded more for the new Mordrem event thingy.
They want to be rewarded more for mindlessly tagging mobs and spamming autoattack, something that takes no skill at all and pretty much everybody with hands can do.
But when we want to be rewarded for being able to solo content that is made for 5 people, something that does take skill, its too much to ask for?

Qugi.2653

But when we want to be rewarded for being able to solo content that is made for 5 people, something that does take skill, its too much to ask for?

Yes because as post many time in this thread dungeon sell is allow but not support by arena net. As they say on forum some time sorry for you luck.

;)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Best thing yet, while i dont sell dungeon paths, ive been told im mean more than once when i kick someone for not meeting the LFG. its been an increasingly common thing since the game went FTP, can we pleaseeeee get some improvements to the LFG tool…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

So basically
This entire subforum is filled with people wanting to be rewarded more for the new Mordrem event thingy.
They want to be rewarded more for mindlessly tagging mobs and spamming autoattack, something that takes no skill at all and pretty much everybody with hands can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

LOL. How about we talk about how dungeon selling ruins the game for players who already paid for a subscription-free game?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Dante.1763

LOL. How about we talk about how dungeon selling ruins the game for players who already paid for a subscription-free game?

Lol what? it does? How? I mean, id totally pay someone to get the DM title done because of Arah. Quite honestly they provide a service to those who dont enjoy dungeons.

Speaking of. Hit me up if you sell arah, i need all paths :P(Anyone in thread)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Ok, lets talk about it!

It doesn’t. The fact that they’re selling runs has less than zero impact on how you play the game.

I’m glad we were able to have that talk!

bladex.9502

How does dungeon selling ruin the game for you?
I understand you can be against it, but how does it ruin anything at all?
A lot of people actually appreciate people selling dungeons, so they don’t have to do content they don’t like.
Only thing I can think of is it clogging up the LFG, preventing you from being able to find groups that will actually run the dungeon, but that is exactly my problem as well.
Separate selling groups from other groups, so we don’t get in eachothers way

Posted by: SindeeCyanide.9687

SindeeCyanide.9687

You’re sure they’re not just a regular player messing with you?

1111122333wwwwwwssssssssdddddddddddaaaaaasdddddwhy aren’t my skills wor—oh.

bladex.9502

You’re sure they’re not just a regular player messing with you?

Even more reason to prevent people from joining your party after they have been kicked once

Qugi.2653

Only thing I can think of is it clogging up the LFG, preventing you from being able to find groups that will actually run the dungeon, but that is exactly my problem as well.
Separate selling groups from other groups, so we don’t get in eachothers way

And if anything does happen because you complain it will be to no allow sell dungeon. So it do not bother LFG like you say and fix you problem at same time. Have care what you ask for you might not like result.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

You say it like it’s a bad thing.

Qugi.2653

Also about free player in dungeon. I am happy to do dungeon with them. Maybe I already do and do not know. Maybe they have fun and buy game. Later become value to GW2 community. Who is to know.

;)

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

toxic dungeonseller scaring of new players. Just what the gw community needs.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I hope your dungeon selling business continues to be a horrible experience, more than the one you’re making poor innocent newbies feel.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Dante.1763

toxic dungeonseller scaring of new players. Just what the gw community needs.

New players should know how to read

Im not even a gold seller and i get annoyed with the LFG pugs i get. If i put level 80s, i want level 80s. If i put level 35+ thats what i want to play with. If everyone respected the LFG tool there wouldnt be any problems.

FTP players sure dont help. In the past week of doing AC runs, 45+ ive had 10 different people join with 30 and below characters. READ. THE. LFG. MESSAGE. It is not that hard to read, and if you dont bother reading it, dont bother joining.

Of course, if the LFG was better, and had far more utility to it, than it does now, it would be better for the game in general. The only one it needs, is. Minimum level, maximum level. If you want to only have level 80s, you can only have 80s join.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Qugi.2653

New players should now how to read

I think we call this irony.

;)

bladex.9502

I hope your dungeon selling business continues to be a horrible experience, more than the one you’re making poor innocent newbies feel.

When I was a “poor innocent newbie” and I saw a LFG of what I didn’t know what it meant, I didn’t join it.
People should learn to read, school is f2p as well

Dante.1763

Do explain, please. If it was the spelling error, thats acceptable, considering that i have a crappy keyboard that half the buttons are broken on because of my cat

Qugi.2653

Do explain, please. If it was the spelling error, thats acceptable, considering that i have a crappy keyboard that half the buttons are broken on because of my cat

Now how to read…. Know how to read. Get it now? Not a spelling error. Can’t blame keyboard on that.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Dante.1763

Do explain, please.

Now how to read…. Know how to read. Get it now? Can’t blame keyboard on that.

Not related, stay on topic please. at least my post was about the topic. Snarky comments solve nothing. They dont do anything either beside make people annoyed, and grumpy.
Reading, and typing are also two different things.

bladex.9502

Don’t think you should be the one making comments about someone’s spelling errors, judging by the amazing grammar of your last posts

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Selling paths is skeezy business, I’m all for anything that makes it more inconvenient and annoying. Them’s the breaks.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Qugi.2653

Don’t think you should be the one making comments about someone’s spelling errors, judging by the amazing grammar of your last posts

English is my 3rd language. What is yours?

;)

Dante.1763

English is my 3rd language. What is yours?

On topic, please.

Selling paths is skeezy business, I’m all for anything that makes it more inconvenient and annoying. Them’s the breaks.

While it might be “Skeezy” if anet allows it, it should be respected just as much as any other game mode, or play style. The fact people can solo dungeons was something that was highly respected in GW1, its a shame its the reverse here.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

Idc about dungeonselling, but we had some troubles finding an ele for AC.
We got like….10-20 lowlevel warriors, rangers etc. After we finished P1 with 4 people we finally got an ele…
I’m not doing AC often enough, so I don’t know if thats normal or we had just bad luck.

In GW1 you can only “ask” to get into a group, the group has to accept your request.
Would like to see the same for GW2:
“glf ele” —> “XY wants to join your group” --> show the same infos visible when already in your group —> accept/don’t accept.
Give us a direct whisper option via lfg tool so players can ask stuff like “is a second warrior ok for you?” without having to join the group.
When you want people to read the lfg: “whisper me: hello world” and accept only people who did so.

Attachments:

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Jeevuz. Short sighted people.

Dungeon path selling hurts nobody. You are free not to join such a group, or to start your own LFG. It’s not lucrative enough for many people to bother doing it, especially with the difficulty of running one or more non-contributors through what is some of the most difficult content the game offers. This means that the LFG is never going to be clogged by dungeon sellers.

Meanwhile, if you want to run a dungeon but lack the gear or the skills, you have a recourse available. People are willing to assist you for a pretty paltry sum.

ANet doesn’t officially support it because they don’t support anything they can’t personally guarantee, and the systems in place are sufficient for a majority of cases, whereas a proper ‘dungeon sell’ interface would take a reasonable amount of work for very little actual benefit

F2P people joining is a problem, but i think it’ll be a transient one – they might not understand that they can’t buy a path, they might not be reading the LFG message, there are probably other reasons. They’ll learn or you’ll get used to them, and i imagine as this initial surge of F2P people dies back, it’ll cease to be a problem regardless.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Dungeon path selling is something you choose to do, and while i wouldn’t mind of a party being able to flag an 80 only button, even though i think that’s utter bullkitten, that is it. If you get allot of new players who never done AC before and the LFG tool just opened up, that should be expected. You can not expect Arenanet to put limits onto this just because you are having a bit of trouble with it.

Btw this:

Speaking of. Hit me up if you sell arah, i need all paths :P(Anyone in thread)

is rediculous, just do arah.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

(edited by Fox.3469)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

We got like….10-20 lowlevel warriors, rangers etc. After we finished P1 with 4 people we finally got an ele…
I’m not doing AC often enough, so I don’t know if thats normal or we had just bad luck.

In GW1 you can only “ask” to get into a group, the group has to accept your request.
“glf ele” —> “XY wants to join your group” --> show the same infos visible when already in your group —> accept/don’t accept.
Give us a direct whisper option via lfg tool so players can ask stuff like “is a second warrior ok for you?” without having to join the group.
When you want people to read the lfg: “whisper me: hello world” and accept only people who did so.

Yea and you dont need a ele for any of the dungeons, you can complete them with any class combo.

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

This is how it works in game outside of the lfg window. In the open world, if you try to join a group, someone needs to click on the accept button to add someone to their party. I don’t get why the lfg window functions differently.

bladex.9502

Yea and you dont need a ele for any of the dungeons, you can complete them with any class combo.

He wants an ele, and if he asks for an ele it shouldn’t be possible for a level 30 ranger to join.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

He wants an ele, and if he asks for an ele it shouldn’t be possible for a level 30 ranger to join.

Ofcourse everyone should be able to join thats what lfg is for, not get what ever you want.
Thats what your guild and friends list is for.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I want to have some sympathy for you, really. But I simply can´t. If you were selling hard to get stuff like Arah and Aetherpath or paths where people that play longer fail if not properly equipped or prepared that are rarely done like the various SoE paths, you would have my sympathy.

And aside from that, a gray market is a gray market and can not except protection by the authority. If the tide turns against you, crafty vendors in shady stuff change their business modeol. If you sold a can of oil yesterday and tomorrow a farmer digs up oil in the town you live, you sell crops instead.

bladex.9502

Ofcourse everyone should be able to join thats what lfg is for, not get what ever you want.

So people aren’t allowed to do a dungeon efficiently, and should just accept everybody can join their group, even if they will clearly slow everyone down?
There is a reason you can make a description for your LFG, and if people don’t read that description, its disrespectful, and I don’t want those people in my group

Dante.1763

Wrong, LFG is a tool used for groups to find players that match their criteria. That is what it is for. Yes it is for people looking for groups. If someone wants an ele, and thats all they want, they should be able to get that. NOT have tons of people joining who cannot read what was posted.

Again respect of the LFG tool is all thats required, but people do not have that respect. And that is why it should have always had criteria functions.

(edited by Dante.1763)

bladex.9502

I want to have some sympathy for you, really. But I simply can´t. If you were selling hard to get stuff like Arah and Aetherpath or paths where people that play longer fail if not properly equipped or prepared that are rarely done like the various SoE paths, you would have my sympathy.

And aside from that, a gray market is a gray market and can not except protection by the authority. If the tide turns against you, crafty vendors in shady stuff change their business modeol. If you sold a can of oil yesterday and tomorrow a farmer digs up oil in the town you live, you sell crops instead.

I sell arah more often than AC tbh, but it doesn’t really happen to me while selling arah because most f2p accounts simply aren’t level 80 yet.
Also, arah is a lot easier to solo than AC after the downscaling changes, so I’d respect someone that can solo AC more.
I’d say that 1 in 10 people that join my arah sell groups didn’t read the LFG, versus 9 in 10 people at AC

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I’m not looking to get into an argument about dungeon selling, if people want to buy your services, more power to you, but I don’t care for the practice and couldn’t care less about your problems and inconveniences in doing so.

However, for different reasons, I actually agree with your main request:

I think there should be filters that prevent certain people from joining groups.

I too, want an LFG filter.

I probably don’t want exactly the one you want, but I would love a tagging filter like what I see in many of the fighting games I play.

When you open a lobby, you can set specific tags, usually things like “Practice room” “All welcome” “Serious fighters only” “Standard tournament rules” “Custom characters allowed” etc.

I want this same system for the LFG with standard tags fitting the most used LFG descriptions. “All welcome” “Newbie/looking for mentor/teaching” “Speed Run” “Casual Run” “Clearing all mobs/bonus events” etc. (as a side note, specific tags for open world, eve and pvp groups would make this awesome. Like tags for leveling, world boss hunting, scouting for guild members, etc.)

So why do I want that when we can just write that stuff out? Filtering system. If they’re checkboxes and drop-downs it’d be compatible with a filter similar to the TP search filter.

That way, Zerker meta people get stuffed into their corner, you path sellers and buyers get stuffed into your corner, and I don’t have to sift through your bullkitten to find a group, and you likewise see less people you don’t want jumping into your groups.

Everybody wins, really. Agree to disagree, right? Anet wants the system to seem as inclusive as possible, but really if we don’t want to be in each other’s groups, then giving us a way to separate REDUCES hostility and toxicity.

Plus a filter system would make browsing the LFG much better than the current sections, Like if I want to run an all welcome dungeon group but don’t care which one, I can check off the appropriate options on the filter and see all the “All welcome” groups for all the dungeons at once (or just the individual ones I’d like to run) for easier browsing.

Anet doesn’t support path selling, so they wouldn’t make a filter tag for it, but you can probably co-opt the Speed Run tag if they took this idea in a similar form. Since people who want to be done with the dungeon as quickly as possible would be the ones interested in buying their way out of it. (The Speed Run tag would mostly be there for the ‘Zerk Only’ crowd without Anet having to directly acknowledge them by actually making it a ‘Zerker’ tag) And then on top of standard tags, you can still have the path description as normal to clarify the usual stuff.

And to clarify, the default filter for dungeons would/should be “All Welcome” and “Casual Run” which would make newbies and people who don’t care to read descriptions already filtered into groups that don’t mind a slower pace, and speed run/hardcore tags would be strictly opt-in. That alone should keep most newbies who don’t understand the LFG from accidentally joining the wrong group. Again, better for both you and the newbie.

bladex.9502

That way, Zerker meta people get stuffed into their corner, you path sellers and buyers get stuffed into your corner, and I don’t have to sift through your bullkitten to find a group, and you likewise see less people you don’t want jumping into your groups.

Everybody wins, really. Agree to disagree, right? Anet wants the system to seem as inclusive as possible, but really if we don’t want to be in each other’s groups, then giving us a way to separate REDUCES hostility and toxicity.

Exactly this.

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

So let me get this straight: OP thinks it’s harder to sell party slots to allow lazy people to finish a dungeon without actually doing any work?

I fail to see a problem with this.

EDIT: especially since some dungeon path sellers run with PUGs and kick ’em before finishing the dungeon so they can sell the spot to other players.

(edited by Ausfer.1853)