f2p ruining dungeon selling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

Ofcourse everyone should be able to join thats what lfg is for, not get what ever you want.
Thats what your guild and friends list is for.

No. The lfgs Job is it to filter players and bring players of similar playstyles together.
A fast dungeon group is no fun for an unexperienced player. He will feel useles, might miss several bosses because they die too fast, get lost on the way or will fail at skips.
And no one will guide him, explain something or wait for him.
On the other hand: an experienced player in a beginner group might get annoyed.
Both can lead to unpleasent group experiences or even flaming each other.
The lfg is a tool to search like-minded players. Not a tool to force players into groups the don’t fit in.

When someone is looking for players it is his group. His rules. If you don’t like them don’t join. Usually I’m making lfgs like “p1” and I don’t care who joins.
But when I’m looking for an ele, then I’m looking for an ele. Simple as that.
When you don’t fulfill the requirements don’t join or at least ask if I could make an exception. It’s a matter of respect.

That’s why I’d like to see the GW1 options back. For example: I also join lfgs asking for an ele when I’m on my guardian, but I’ll switch after joining. A filter would fail.
With the GW1 options: I’d push “join” and “whisper”. I’d say “Hi, I’m switching to my ele” and then they could accept me. But they won’t have to kick several players out of the group, place the lfg again etc.

(edited by Jockum.1385)

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Dungeon selling, srsly don’t kitten me off with this crap here.
I hate people like you.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I hate people like you.

This isn’t your personal subforum, there are people that do care about this.
Stop acting like a 12 year old, I hate people like you

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Wait…. people sell AC?! Why? I’ve never seen that in LFG. What are you selling it for? 30 silver?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I think there should be filters that prevent certain people from joining groups.

I too, want an LFG filter.

I probably don’t want exactly the one you want, but I would love a tagging filter like what I see in many of the fighting games I play.

When you open a lobby, you can set specific tags, usually things like “Practice room” “All welcome” “Serious fighters only” “Standard tournament rules” “Custom characters allowed” etc.

I want this same system for the LFG with standard tags fitting the most used LFG descriptions. “All welcome” “Newbie/looking for mentor/teaching” “Speed Run” “Casual Run” “Clearing all mobs/bonus events” etc. (as a side note, specific tags for open world, eve and pvp groups would make this awesome. Like tags for leveling, world boss hunting, scouting for guild members, etc.)

I can’t fault this idea. Absolutely endorse.

bladex.9502

Wait…. people sell AC?! Why? I’ve never seen that in LFG. What are you selling it for? 30 silver?

It goes for 3-4 gold, 5-7g for p2.
People buy it to level alts, or just for tokens

Narrrz.7532

I hate people like you.

Why?
What’s it to you?
If you don’t want to buy runs, don’t – in fact, his suggestions will make it easier for you to filter out the path sellers.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well…

There have been plenty of posts and threads of people asking players to respect LFG.

Problem is now people ignore LFG’s and people get frustrated. I made party for AC 3 days ago and had a LFG up:

full run l80 (EXP)erienced

And I had 2 pl join both lvl 80’s then a guy entered: lvl 32
I whispered the player (S)He wasn’t the right level (as we asked for lvl 80’s,but the dungeon was lvl 35 minimum anyways) and if he could switch to lvl80: no reply
We tried again to whisper: no reply, so we kicked the player….

Next a lvl 28 joined (new player with a paid account as f2p cannot join under lvl 30??),
we didn’t even bother to ask and kicked all players until our party was filled with lvl 80’s, needless to say it was a waste of time (10 minutes).

I do not feel like I need to explain everything in LFG each time. Second level 30 or lower shouldn’t be able to join LFG anyways for AC (=lvl 30 min for story)

Now see how much fun raid party building will be when you need 10 and people think they can join whenever they want because they can ignore the wishes of the group…

Now I do not request dungeon meta, I do not require specific classes, I do prefer people with experience on paths who have l80 gear…I leave experince up to the players I had perfect ac runs with people all having less then 2k ap. I do not accept people joining on a lvl not being 80 and not communcating.

I could accept someone saying: Well this is my second account and I decked it out with all lvl 39 rare gear, and a rare l39 dungeon set. And I’ll accept the 10-15% dps loss from 1 player.

If someone joins with his iron sword and doesn’t say anything, he could have a mixed build, garbage trinkets and no clue whatsoever… I like a fast run and have done runs in less then 45 minutes for some time now….. Wasting 10-15 minutes kicking idiots is a huge loss of time. And NO I will not go with a person who cannot/ will not communicate.

Leaving me thinking: I respect your LFG’s so I hope you’ll behave the same with mine.

This in effect is the same problem the OP has. People do not respect his LFG. Just doing so would instantly fix it. This also means F2P people cannot join path sellers.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Its not only about dungeon selling, its about people in general not respecting the demands of a LFG.
Anet should implement certain filters to the LFG tool, that would make this game a lot more enjoyable for a lot of people.

Title of your thread and main issue is dungeon selling and how f2p ruin it so it seem to you it is most about dungeon selling and reason for your post.

My main issue is the dungeon selling part, since I have a guild and friendslist I do dungeons with and therefore never have to pug something.
But a lot of people complain about people that aren’t asked for joining a LFG that has certain demands, and I feel like Anet should do something about this.

If you go to a restaurant and order a steak, would you like it if you get brought fish instead?

You have a guild and a friends list and therefore never need to PUG…

Yet your own post blows that theory out of the water .. of course you PUG, how else would you sell dungeon paths… at least get the facts of your story right and then blow thw the smoke away from your own eyes…
We get it, your mad cos your not making enough coin out of the new influx of F2P accounts wanting to run a dungeon… sure it’s allowed on the LFG but it is not supported so deal with your losses or find something else to come to the forums and whine about.
Personally I think ANET should quit muddying their own LFG abuse rules and stop dungeon selling all together but they like to have one rule for one but allow it to be circumvented by others.

bladex.9502

Its not only about dungeon selling, its about people in general not respecting the demands of a LFG.
Anet should implement certain filters to the LFG tool, that would make this game a lot more enjoyable for a lot of people.

Title of your thread and main issue is dungeon selling and how f2p ruin it so it seem to you it is most about dungeon selling and reason for your post.

My main issue is the dungeon selling part, since I have a guild and friendslist I do dungeons with and therefore never have to pug something.
But a lot of people complain about people that aren’t asked for joining a LFG that has certain demands, and I feel like Anet should do something about this.

If you go to a restaurant and order a steak, would you like it if you get brought fish instead?

You have a guild and a friends list and therefore never need to PUG…

Yet your own post blows that theory out of the water .. of course you PUG, how else would you sell dungeon paths… at least get the facts of your story right and then blow thw the smoke away from your own eyes…
We get it, your mad cos your not making enough coin out of the new influx of F2P accounts wanting to run a dungeon… sure it’s allowed on the LFG but it is not supported so deal with your losses or find something else to come to the forums and whine about.
Personally I think ANET should quit muddying their own LFG abuse rules and stop dungeon selling all together but they like to have one rule for one but allow it to be circumvented by others.

There’s a difference between selling a path and actually running a dungeon with randoms.
The sole reason I solo the dungeons is because I prefer to do it alone, since its usually faster than getting randoms, and it actually provides a challenge in this casual-orientated game.
The gold from selling the last spots is a nice little extra.

I mentioned multiple times in my posts that i DO NOT want the new influx of F2P joining my party, I want them to stay the hell away, they can keep their money, they can’t even send it anyways.

You’re just twisting words

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

New players should now how to read

I think we call this irony.

roflmao, right?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

You know, it’s a shame at the amount of people there are who spend precious time complaining about The F2P players…

Selling dungeon paths: Oooooooookay. If you do this, that is your business, however, I don’t find this method to be a highly respectable and/or lucrative method to make money.

As many have said already, ArenaNet acknowledges it, they don’t condone it but… with business such as this is no more or less risky (and most likely foolhardy) to the seller as they risk not getting paid or having it come out in such a way that is the opposite of what they desired.

I believe ArenaNet will never do is prohibit the F2P players from doing ANYTHING in this game cause it in someway hinders the money-making method of their veteran players…

Sorry, I think your request is… arrogant and doesn’t carry much weight.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Yeah, just because they allow a behavior like dungeon selling, that doesn’t mean they have to protect it.

I should be writing.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Selling dungeon paths: Oooooooookay. If you do this, that is your business, however, I don’t find this method to be a highly respectable and/or lucrative method to make money.

why not? they sell their skills and time for gold. It’s pretty respectable imo. It’s like every other jobs.
They help people that dont have time to do the dungeon to get their tokens.
Some sellers even have returning customers.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I would not actually call it respectable, but tolerable and valuable. A litlte bit like a mercenary you want in your army for a short amount of time to spearhead something, and then both parties part ways with no bad blood between them.

Narrrz.7532

why not? they sell their skills and time for gold. It’s pretty respectable imo. It’s like every other jobs.
They help people that dont have time to do the dungeon to get their tokens.
Some sellers even have returning customers.

This exactly. Even if i’ve never taken advantage of it, it’s still a service, and one which helps people.

Why shouldn’t they be compensated for their investment of time and effort? why shouldn’t systems be put in place to make it more effective?

Posted by: Lux Dominatoris.3941

Lux Dominatoris.3941

I agree with you bladex. The influx of new players does not bother me, I have my own friends and guildies to run with (dungeons/fractals/raids). What bothers me is the influx of players that disrespect the party they are joining by not reading. It is enough we have to deal with the ones already in game, now we get even more.

Dungeon selling has been a practice in the Guild Wars series since around 2006-2007. The only reason Anet did not openly say, in Guild Wars 2 that is, that they are supporting it and instead said only accepted/tolerated is because they new selfish extremists (like the many ones in this thread unfortunately) will go all in a rage. Trying this way to retain as many players as possible. Business. I don’t like it personally, but it is in their benefit.

Although the thread was about a serious issues, extremists have already derailed it to fit their personal agenda. They insult personally, sarcastically reply and blame only the OP. But do not worry, the end-game community is the evil one. This is exactly what happens in todays world with Politically correctness, affirmative actions, everybody is a winner and the rest of the group.

OP, we have to endure this. Make sure you ask if they read your LFG. If they did not, kindly ask them to respect the party they are joining next time by reading and then kick them ASAP. If up until f2p you had to do this 3 times, now you have to do it 6 times. I am sure it is annoying, but we must have patience, otherwise we lose our time by stressing out.

For the extremists, you can twist it around as much as you want, insult as much as you want. Dungeon selling has been here for almost 10 years, even before you knew what Guild Wars was, let alone Guild Wars 2. It will not go anywhere and it is not a bad thing at all. It is a service, a business that had, has and it will have plenty of customers, especially when the game’s main focus is catering to content like press 1 to win in open world.

But instead of letting people play how they want, you feel the need to enforce hate on a certain group because of your high-horse “morals”. Oh, I am sorry, the end-game community is the toxic one, I forgot.

Hopefully with the upcoming raids, we will have eventually some new LFG filters. They would be, as they say in my language, “mana cereasca”. A gift from the heavens.

Deus vult!

Narrrz.7532

The only reason Anet did not openly say, in Guild Wars 2 that is, that they are supporting it and instead said only accepted/tolerated is because they new selfish extremists (like the many ones in this thread unfortunately) will go all in a rage. Trying this way to retain as many players as possible. Business. I don’t like it personally, but it is in their benefit.

Unfortunately, typically only those with extreme viewpoints are sufficiently compelled to actually make their viewpoints known…
For better or worse.

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

LFG is a tool used for groups to find players that match their criteria. That is what it is for. Yes it is for people looking for groups. If someone wants an ele, and thats all they want, they should be able to get that. NOT have tons of people joining who cannot read what was posted.

Again respect of the LFG tool is all thats required, but people do not have that respect. And that is why it should have always had criteria functions.

This! How do people not understand this?? If a party of 4 wants <x> and <x> only, then of course the party is going to kick anything except <x> if they attempt to join.

I’m so open to changes to the LFG. I’m tired of people wasting my time, and I’m sure a lot of other people feel the same way. Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally happy to run new players through dungeons, but when I want a fast run, I want a fast run.

It’s not my personal job to help out every single new player who wants help – nor is it any of yours – though I can and do offer help when I’m not busy, but it is not unreasonable to want an LFG filter. If you want to be able to help new players 24/7 then don’t make use of said filter (if it’s put in).

To the people saying no to a filter/lockout – just because something doesn’t affect you personally doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect anyone. If you don’t like the idea then don’t use the settings. How easy is that?!

Edit: When I advertise my home instance for people to gather for dailies it’s also highly irritating that f2pers join then ask what it is, so I understand where you’re coming from OP, and I’m right there with you.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.