faith restored

faith restored

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I have been playing guild wars since 2005, I enjoyed the unique storyline and abundant lore of the original game. I was so interested to see the changes in the game after 250 years that i pre-ordered the game as soon as i could.

The release of the game was amazing, but soon after the honeymoon phase, I started to look at the game indifferently. I liked the idea of Elder Dragons as the main villains in the new franchise, but it felt like the game was missing something. It was the old lore. The new game felt somewhat tied in to gw1, but at the same time much different.

After 2 living world seasons, there were alot of changes in the game. They introduced new characters, new enemies, new maps, new lore and finally with the release of living world season 2, something to tie the game to the original gw1 game.

Soon after, the 1st expansion came out. New maps, new enemies, new game modes, more new lore, and again a little bit of tie-in to the old game. The story got better everytime. From the core game’s personal story to the living world season 2, to the Heart of Thorns expansion. Better script, better voice acting, the removal of the side by side dialogue’s and the introduction of the personal character’s voice outside of the cutscenes. Also the way characters interact between each other felt way more fluid.

But still, I felt that the old gw1 lore has mostly been left out. And finally the release of the living world season 3 came. It was a long wait, but from the very first episode it was amazing. New content, new maps, perfect mesh of new gw2 and old gw1 lore, and suddenly i felt as excited as i was back when gw2 first opened their servers.

There was a new fractal, a new pvp map, balance changes, new living world episode all bunched up in one package. After that i wondered if Anet can reproduce the same amount of content for their next patch. And surely they delivered. More tie-in to gw1 lore, new world map, new pvp map, a shockingly new legendary weapon, and more quality of life changes.

Safe to say, I am really happy with this patch, as i was with the last one. Its been an amazing job by the devs. I like the way things have been going lately, and hopefully you guys keep following this path. I haven’t enjoyed the game this much for a long time, my faith in Anet has been restored.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes