fastest prof for clearing renown hearts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

As the title suggests, what is the fastest profession for clearing renown hearts? ele or thief maybe?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Any level 80 zerker. That is all

If we take into account mobility between points, Thief win out of those two.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I don’t think that any single profession is faster at completing tasks, but choosing a class with good dps is a good start.

Thief is probably the most mobile class and can span areas pretty quickly (spamming heartseeker), so I would choose thief personally.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I tried with thief once, but I feel that my necro can complete hearts faster than thief since thief lacks AOE damage. But I used d/d, guess I need to go with s/d for extra cleave?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am not sure it makes too much of a difference really. Any advantage from a particular class is far outweighed by the difference in time between one person and another due to things like luck when something spawns and being in the right place at the right time.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Don’t listen to people that say there isn’t an optimal class … optimizing your Openworld experience isn’t just a matter of taking any level 80 in full zerker. There ARE optimal classes to do OW content. These are the factors I have considered:

1. Runspeed – Why? Because doing OW content is all about running between all the aresas on those maps. Best classes in this category here are the ones that have built in runspeed with signets (best) or traits (good). If you HAVE to use a class without these things, you can supplement with Sigil of Speed (very good option, can be used any level) or Runes of the Traveller (worst option, only at level 69+, expensive).

2. Damage – obviously, but the caveat here is good BURST damage that you can access frequently; this is very different than what people refer to as ‘meta’ builds, mostly used for maximizing dungeon DPS while teaming. The optimal builds for doing OW events, hearts, etc… is NOT necessarily the same as the dungeon meta builds. While leveling, the optimal classes can change as you get access to new traits but at level 80, some classes outshine others, mostly because they have multiple damage sources.

3. Resistance/Closing – closing a fight without conditions is important, as well as reducing your non-fighting downtime. Classes that have frequent and non-specific condition cleansing are optimal here as well as resisiting knockbacks, breaking stun and avoiding interrupts.

Based on these criteria, the classes that excel are Guardian and Thief, the worst is Mesmer. To be fair, I haven’t fully explored Ele’s OW capability but I don’t get the impression it’s that’s good.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Ele, due to ease of mobility boost and AE damage.

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

I feel like mesmer is the worse due to the fact that phantasms have “high” cooldown and disappear when the target dies.
Warrior/Guardian are really good at that, of all the classes i’ve used they’ve been the easiest to complete hearts, then i would place thief/ranger and Eles too.

norn warrior

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ranger would be good also. signet grants 25% movement, plus Long bow would mean you didn’t have to get close so you would save time running from target to target.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

My vote is for rangers too. I main’d ranger when the game first started, and when I started doing other classes, I noticed several things off the bat.

Rangers are mobile, (still) have large number endurance boosting traits and skills, generally high survivability due to skills and pet tanking (on of the few applications where they are an advantage), and the only class other then a Guardian that has a good chance of getting back up on their own if downed. I regularly send my pet in as a distraction while open grand chests from under the champ’s nose.

And as a side effect of their janky trait synergy, you don’t lose much build potential by running mixed utilities. Longbow is the go-to for high damage, and you can use either GS for general melee tagging, axe for ranged tagging, or sword for some extra DPS. Sword is kind of tricky because the AA chain is hard to break, and you have no easy gap closer.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I nominate thief or engineer as the best map completionists. They have good mobility (not the best,) and stealth which makes Skill Points and Waypoints and POIs and Vistas incredibly easy to unlock. Which class is better for hearts really just depends on the heart. Thief has easier access to stealth (better for avoiding fights with pesky enemies) while engineer has invulnerability which can be better for a few skillpoints (like contested statues in Orr which have environmental effects that can interrupt the cast without invuln.)

Stealth and mobility are the best mechanics for world map completion, but if you’re asking only about Elementalist versus Thief regarding hearts, I’d say Thief wins.

Edit: I almost forgot they changed skill points to hero points or something. Woohoo.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I’m thinking that most of the time in clearing the hearts is getting to the hearts, so Thief is the winner here. They have the fastest out of combat mobility and thus would be able to quickly get from one to another. This is even more true to hearts that require you to go around all over the place to achieve the goals.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Thief is the fastest or it was before the trait update.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

That was my experience, yes. I was running P/P and once I hit lvl 60 and unlocked Ricochet, map completion got both very quick and very easy.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It has far less to do with DPS and more to do with speed. Thief is a good mix of both.

There shouldn’t be any hearts that require a ton of survivability, that I can remember anyway.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

That was my experience, yes. I was running P/P and once I hit lvl 60 and unlocked Ricochet, map completion got both very quick and very easy.

Too bad they eliminated Ricochet from the traits list. That was easily in my top 3 favorite Thief traits. It isn’t that useful in PvP and since that is all the devs seem to care about they removed it from the traits. Ricochet was an awesome trait for PvE and a good one for zerg/zerg WvW.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

I found ranger to be the easiest. But that was before all the trait changes I could just unlock the signet very fast and have the movment speed. Ranger is also a good class you can do higher than yourself hearts quite easy with because of your 2 tanky pets.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Ranger is still very good. If it wasn’t for the lack of resist/cleansing and pet management, it would be at the top of my picks.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Necro, engi, and ranger were the three fastest and easiest to do basic map completion for me.

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I’ve got world map completion on 4 of my toons (Warrior, Necro, Thief, Guardian) and did my map completions in roughly that order as well. All of that was done prior to the 6-23-2015 skill updates. While later ones definitely benefited from the learning curve aspect of knowing how to finish up hearts and maps more quickly, the class was also a factor. I know this because my subsequent work on map completion with a mesmer seems to be going slower.

Thief was probably the fastest out of those I’ve map completed so far, and while movement is a factor here, another important reason was stealth. Being able to completely avoid mobs near some of the Vistas, PoIs, and skill challenge (now called Hero challenge) commune locations greatly helped in the speed at which I could clear maps. Stealth is probably less of a benefit for hearts, but it might still help with a few.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Jayjaydee.3827

Jayjaydee.3827

I’ve done world completion on thief, guard and necro. For me, necro was the easiest for several reasons some people mentioned above. I alwyas experiment with builds, but settled on zerker as I got comfortable with the class. So reasons why necro was easiest for me
1) burst AOE in form of wells. 2) access to swiftness via warhorn. Like thief, necro has a signet givign you increased movement speed, but this is slower than swiftness. So my other adice is put a superior sigil of speed on a weapon. You can build up several min of swiftness which makes the movement speed signets unnecessairy. I was able to switch it to the flat power boost signet without loosing mobility.
Acutally, thats about it. I was pretty happy with necro and i felt I got it all done pretty efficiently.
Dont forget…SUPERIOR SIGIL OF SWIFTNESS!! all classes have enough damage potential so that you wont miss it by equiping one, and it makes a nice difference.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Thief was probably the fastest out of those I’ve map completed so far, and while movement is a factor here, another important reason was stealth. Being able to completely avoid mobs near some of the Vistas, PoIs, and skill challenge (now called Hero challenge) commune locations greatly helped in the speed at which I could clear maps. Stealth is probably less of a benefit for hearts, but it might still help with a few.

Great point about the stealth. OP was talking about hearts specifically, but some of those Hero Challenges require clearing Champions, which is nice to be able to stealth around.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

When I did map completion this last time I did 5 toons at once, each zone i did on each class and then moved to the next zone. While the Mesmer is definitely the slowest I would have to give a slight edge to the Thief as the fastest overall. I’ve done all classes now and the mobility combined with the burst damage and ability to get out of combat quickly(stealth) make hearts very easy. Also moving in between hearts is easier because what you cannot avoid will die in 1 or 2 hits. Guardian is a close second because of the power/survivabilty combined with endless run speed.

On a side note, because of how easy it is between hearts to kill random mobs on a Thief my bags were twice as full as any other character when I finished a zone.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

As others have mentioned, probably Thief since you have good mobility, damage, and stealth.

I did my map completion on warrior, that felt pretty quick too, you have good mobility and it’s easy to buff yourself.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I’ve done 11 world completions. Guardian with shouts and swiftness – staff/gs, is by far the fastest to get through it.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Definitely agree that Mes is the slowest, it was the last for me to finish a world completion on.