fishing in game

fishing in game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: melkyor.6140

melkyor.6140

I was wondering if it was a complex thing to add on the fishing guild wars 2, maybe not as a profession like wow, but rather to add fishing rods to be used at specific points to raise fish then maybe to use for cooking

fishing in game

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Nope, WoW has it, so Gw2 fans won’t allow it.

fishing in game

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Nope, WoW has it, so Gw2 fans won’t allow it.

If that were the case then we wouldn’t even have a game at all, you know, seeing as WoW also has mining, herb gathering, humans, warriors, dungeons, skills, enemies, water, snow, dragons, swords, staves, armour.

think I made my point.

fishing in game

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

how about if neutral aquatic mobs started dropping ‘slab of white meat’?

that would cover the theme without having to tack on some awful fishing mini-game.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

fishing in game

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

There was that fishing pole that someone datamined recently……

fishing in game

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Fishing Rods already existed in GW2 from the begin on. In fact they were one of the first things i found directly in a lake in one of those snowy maps of the Norn Territories , think it was that Lvl 25+ map….

They are already environmental items, but just have no skills, if you use them,. they just block your utilities and turn all your weapon skills into black icons…

its same like with the diving goggles.. the first months after release they were the same, until after a patch they received 2 skills with that you can make now spirals and saltos while falling down..

and the same thing I think should and will happen anywhen with fishing rods too, that Anet will add functions to them..otherwise their whole existance in the game would be just obsolete.

GW2 needs Fishing and Digging as gathering jobs.. the tools both already exist.. even shovels.
Theres nothign wrong with adding new gathering jobs.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

fishing in game

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

They just need to make fish in water drop their meat for cooking since we already can stay underwater with our breathers, and use our underwater weapons/skills.

I do not care for fishing, & would rather have Anet put their effort into something larger.

fishing in game

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

They just need to make fish in water drop their meat for cooking since we already can stay underwater with our breathers, and use our underwater weapons/skills.

I do not care for fishing, & would rather have Anet put their effort into something larger.

this would be just the most stupid lazy kitten solution ever, saomethign that I would expect from a lousy cheap 0815 F2P game, but not something what we should expect from a AAA game developer like Anet …. seriously…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

fishing in game

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Someone was datamining and found fishing rods. I heard this from VisualWood Podcast.

fishing in game

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Personally, I have been in mmo’s that involve fishing. it is a nice addition to the games, but somehow doesnt fit into the gw2 universe.

May I ask you why you want to be able to fish??

Some games attach achievements to it. Given the boring way those achievements are often done, that is a no no for me. I’m actually glad that GW2 dropped the more boring achievement in the meta compared to gw1 (many are still there but just less rewarding).

For others it is loot. But as said, the activity is boring and shouldn’t be very rewarding if implemented.

The final reason from my experience would be fishing just to be able too. if implemented it should need a small reward (e.g. 5 achievement points for catching 15 different kinds of fish and 5 more if you caught a total of 500 fish). This I would have no objection too, but I’m afraid that it wouldnt make fishing very popular. So in my opinion its best to let fishing exist in other games.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

fishing in game

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Personally, I have been in mmo’s that involve fishing. it is a nice addition to the games, but somehow doesnt fit into the gw2 universe.

May I ask you why you want to be able to fish??

Some games attach achievements to it. Given the boring way those achievements are often done, that is a no no for me. I’m actually glad that GW2 dropped the more boring achievement in the meta compared to gw1 (many are still there but just less rewarding).

For others it is loot. But as said, the activity is boring and shouldn’t be very rewarding if implemented.

The final reason from my experience would be fishing just to be able too. if implemented it should need a small reward (e.g. 5 achievement points for catching 15 different kinds of fish and 5 more if you caught a total of 500 fish). This I would have no objection too, but I’m afraid that it wouldnt make fishing very popular. So in my opinion its best to let fishing exist in other games.

For some people skills such as fishing in games is a good way to wind down and relax while also feeling like you are progressing something, somewhere, some how. I have said it before on occasions that this game is too heavily revolved around combat. Why not other activities for fun or just to relax a bit? It also gives a sense of immersion since we already see npcs fishing here and there and gives a feel to the world that you are actually part of it. Personally I would also like having a “job” or career and such to have as past times too but that’s me and I wont go there with that topic yet lol.

Ps don’t try and bring the argument with the current mini games as a way to wind down. They are all fast, heated sit on your edge style gameplay as well just as combat, WvW, Spvp is. I know you would mean well but yeah, you know what I mean lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?