forced to play stuff i dont like

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

to get 500 dragonite ore im forced to play temple events, dragon events or i need to conquer keeps/castles. everything i tried to avoid since its zerg content that i dislike. shall i afk farm this stuff?
whats anets solution to this? i dont want to play zerg content and i dont want to be caught by timers etc.. and i cant work on it alone or with friends…. there is always need of a big grp to do it….. content for small grps is needed. till now i could just avoid it without missing anything big.
i probably have to say the q word…..

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Yeah, Anet have become very tyrannical with their content. Instead of giving you the choice they try harder and harder to force you into content.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

You can pretty easily solo or duo Teq/Shatterer, the fights themselves aren’t that hard, it’ll just take a bit longer. If you want to avoid people at all costs, just transfer or guest to a lower-pop server. For example, Teq/Shat were really empty while the invasions were going on. At max you got like ~10 people doing the events, so it’s very reasonable.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

When there is content that requires ascended gear that isn’t shoved into FotM, I’ll be angry.

However, until then, those who want to grind can grind…I’m happy with my exotics and Moot, tyvm.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

should have finished that thought “forced to play stuff i dont like…” for weapons I don’t need

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

You can pretty easily solo or duo Teq/Shatterer, the fights themselves aren’t that hard, it’ll just take a bit longer. If you want to avoid people at all costs, just transfer or guest to a lower-pop server. For example, Teq/Shat were really empty while the invasions were going on. At max you got like ~10 people doing the events, so it’s very reasonable.

its braindead content. i just dont like dragon fights. its static and boring. and one big problem is the timer. u always have to wait till u can do something. “tequatl window opens in 20 minutes!” its 30 – 50 minutes standing around. u cant leave the zone or u will come into an overflow.
its not enjoyable. all these events r bound to a timer and i dont want to stand around to wait for a dragon for 1 hour…..

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

to get 500 dragonite ore im forced to play temple events, dragon events or i need to conquer keeps/castles. everything i tried to avoid since its zerg content that i dislike. shall i afk farm this stuff?
whats anets solution to this? i dont want to play zerg content and i dont want to be caught by timers etc.. and i cant work on it alone or with friends…. there is always need of a big grp to do it….. content for small grps is needed. till now i could just avoid it without missing anything big.
i probably have to say the q word…..

I agree. It’s like anet can’t get over the fact that not everyone want’s to do everything in the game, so they’re going to shove it down our throats instead. Now I have to keep track of 5-8 different timings all over the map… its ridiculous. I don’t have time for that crap.

I only care to join zerg groups when they tend to be on the winning-end of things, but as anyone who plays this game knows that can be a toss up, and can be a complete waste of time when something fails.

That’s why I prefer smaller groups as well. I don’t like to take chances with my spare time. If I find my time is being wasted in a game I’m playing I tend to not play that game, which is exactly what happened to me 2-3 months ago when I dropped 200g on crafting trying to get a dusk which I didn’t get, then this update happens with crafting. It’s like some sick joke by Anet at this point. Nobody asked for ascended gear either, I certainly didn’t and I put myself in the hardcore grinder category but I just can’t do this anymore.

Sooner or later ascended armor will come out, and I will have wasted my time I spent grinding dungeons. Thus is the nature of MMO’s that follow WoW’s path, it never ends. Once you think you finally finished a character, an update happens and makes all that time you spent playing on it worthless. This is why I quit WoW a long time ago, and this is why I’ll be quitting GW2, because my time spent in the game will end up completely meaningless once another update happens, also the grinds are ridiculous and I don’t care to be a part of grinds that are this hardcore anymore.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)