future additional weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Anet, you have proven that you can throw a greatsword on a necromancer and it can work. You have proven that a mesmer can wield a shield effectively.

I think it’s time you let spears have their day. Perhaps they should be added as land weapons in the next quarterly update, and as late as the next expansion. Not only will they give us some really cool animations potentially, if they are added as core weapons they will vastly change gameplay for the classes without needing to make more elite specializations.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I don’t know. A spear is… a pointy stick. Kind of like a staff only.. sharper? I’m not sure what cool animations you’re imagining or how they’re going to vastly change gameplay but who knows.. maybe they could find a way to make it work.

Posted by: Bren Roval.8417

Bren Roval.8417

What I would personally like is for thieves to have rifles.

I mean, c’mon, look at Riel Darkwater… she doesn’t seem like an engineer or a warrior to me.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I don’t know. A spear is… a pointy stick. Kind of like a staff only.. sharper? I’m not sure what cool animations you’re imagining or how they’re going to vastly change gameplay but who knows.. maybe they could find a way to make it work.

maybe they should find a way, you mean. underwater weapons serve no purpose anymore.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

underwater weapons serve no purpose anymore.

All the oceans in Central Tyria were drained? This wasn’t in today’s patch notes!! :O

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Eventually there will be the underwater dragon, then they will work on underwater.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

maybe they should find a way, you mean. underwater weapons serve no purpose anymore.

O…kay. You seem to really like spears. That’s cool. Can you give any more detail on how you would like spear to work on land? Do you see it as a long range weapon (shooting beams maybe?) or a melee weapon? What is the defining thing about the spear that will differentiate it from other weapons? Which classes would be able to use it?