future revenants

future revenants

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

as we all know a lot of people are “farming” a lot of tomes of knowledge so they can pop a instant lvl 80 revenant when it comes out.

But what about gear? do they know what gear will they use on revenants? or are they just gonna use whatever armor they find?

Will the NPC armor merchant be more useful now or are we expecting a serious shortage of lvl 80 exotic zerker gear…cause zerker meta n stuff?

future revenants

Posted by: Kount.5704

Kount.5704

You can get Exotic armor from Dungeon Merchants… I don’t think it’s going to make a huge impact for most.

Maybe for weapons since we don’t have the full list of weapons the Revenant uses.

future revenants

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I’ll probably buy or craft exotic zerk initially, and until then I’ll save up materials for ascended gear and just wait until people start figuring out builds for it (I might want to use it as my mainly-PvP toon) before I craft a set.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

future revenants

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

You can get Exotic armor from Dungeon Merchants… I don’t think it’s going to make a huge impact for most.

Maybe for weapons since we don’t have the full list of weapons the Revenant uses.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Revenant-weapon-skills/first#post4892813

Hammer/Staff zerk

Mace/Sword no idea really. It something ppl figure out in beta.

My speculations are;
-Probably cele/rabin for mace due to might stacking
-Sword zerk/rabin/sinister as it doesnt have might stacking unlike mace.

But tbh in current state sword makes no sense at all. I hope they change it to 100% power based weapon.

future revenants

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Actually someone did datamined skills from revenants

besides the hammer, mace and axe theres also mention of sword mainhand, dagger offhand ,shield and staff

future revenants

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I’ve farmed my tomes, skill scrolls, Crafted my trinkets, rings, and amulet.
My Back piece and various armor has also been banked. Weapons have been bought or crafted and their skins selected (where applicable). The collected armor is a mish-mash of styles so I have also farmed Transmutation charges from sPvP to make him look good.
I know what he’ll look like thanks to wardrobe preview and playing with a total makeover kit’s preview.

Yeah, I’m pretty much good to go on all fronts

future revenants

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

I’ve just finished my heavy ascended so hill be set when he hits 80

future revenants

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve been working on a heavy ascended zerk set, so I’ll probably have that available to pass to my Rev.

I’ve tossed around the idea of making an ascended Cele set for it, but haven’t decided. I’ll figure all that out when I get to play with it I guess.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

future revenants

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I’ve been farming CoF tokens so I’ll be able to get a full set of zerk weapons and armor at 80.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

future revenants

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

Pretty simple. I know exactly what armor i’m going to use. I farm CoF 1 and 2 for Flame Legion Charr Carvings, which get me free zerk gear, and the Arah reward track in sPvP for even more zerk armor if I want. That’s all fine and dandy for PvE you see.. But that’s not what I think most people should be concerned about. I think people should be concerned about Celestial gear. Did anyone else notice the 1,100+ damage burning ticks Revenants can do from their mace #2 skill while wearing full exotic Celestial? Also notice that the Invocation trait line has passive traits all having to do with area healing over time? I did. I think Celestial armor in PvP and WvW is going to be the way to go for a Revenant, my quartz crystals are waiting.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

future revenants

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I’ve been collecting armor and weapon boxes from PvP reward tracks – these give exotic items that let you select stats. Also stockpiling ascended cooldown items so I can craft an ascended set soon as I know what stats I want to roll on my fancy new Revenant

future revenants

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

My warrior already has a full ascended armor set, and I have at least one of every weapon in either ascended or legendary form. I’ll just use those to test out revenant. It seems like most are in the same boat, so I don’t think there will be a sudden surge in exotic prices. Besides, people are leveling alts and we have new players all the time and exotics are still fairly low in price.

future revenants

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Forget dungeon armor, you can get exotic zerkers for karma now, ever since they made the Orr temple armor merchants not suck.