game needs more action at 80 .

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max.8176

Max.8176

hello every one , i made this topic so we can talk and share what we think about level 80 i know that ones your 80 all you got to do pretty much is WvW and PvP and i kinda find that not enough , i was really hoping that we get to have more fighting , able to dual in the PVE maps , also get to have PVP in some level 80 maps ‘’ the pve maps’’ , maybe a queue for pvp fighting and get to have ranks and rewards , more wars between guilds in the game , my point is the game will be much more fun like that for players who like to pvp , i am a player who gets the highest lvl ’’80’’ to start fighting with other players idk about others who like to pve 24/7 thats up to them . let me know what you all think and i hope the GW2 company think about that , topic is open for any suggestions guys

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Only PvP and WvW?

World completion, farming (of various kinds), dungeons, fractals, ascended gear, legendaries, minis, wardrobe, living story. And when you’re done with all of that, start a guild, grind out all of the influence and help others do these things to.

And don’t forget to talk to people. Find somewhere, sit down, and talk.

It sounds to me like you want open-world PvP, this is never going to happen. However I agree that duelling in PvE would be nice to have.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Above ^
Game doesn’t need too much more to be honest. Just a bit more stat variety in gear to make it less boring.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Ranks and rewards? Queue for PvP fighting? I assume you’ve been to Heart of the Mists because you just described the current PvP system in GW2.

If you mean separate ranks and rewards for PvP in the PvE maps, I simply must disagree. PvP needs to stay separate from PvE. It just needs to.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Max.8176

lol relax guys we are just talking , i am pretty new lvl 80 but about all the dude in the first comment said its true but hey ones your 80 it games kinda boring i will be doing the same nothing new . there is no point of doing dungs , i am in a nice guild i dont need to start one , if i did all u said the game kinda dies , all i am saying is , we need some more stuff in the game to put it in more action .

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Plenty for me to do at 80, that doesn’t have the game boring at all. For me at 80, the adventure is just starting.

Max.8176

what kind of adventure ? lol

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Somehow, Max, I don’t think you get the game. You see, many of us left games that lead you around by the nose and say today we do this raid. Now we do this raid. This new raid is coming out and this is what we do. If we want that kind of claptrap there are plenty of games we can go to.

If you mean there’s not enough content, well, there’s never enough content in any game. You run out of content no matter what game you play. Old content is old and no one wants to do it. New content is old in 3 months and no one wants to do it. That’s how most games are.

So you have to like the stuff that’s there….in Guild Wars 2’s case that would be dungeons, minigames, fractals, world bosses, temples, world complete, WvW and SPvP.

And the living story when that starts up again.

For a year and a half old game, there’s really quite a lot to do. If it’s not that you personally want to do, well, that tells us as much about your play style as it does about the game itself.

Am I for more content? Sure. But this game won’t have open PvP, and dueling is dueling. It’s not really more to do. You can always go duel in SPvP if you want, since people have set up dueling arenas there.

It’s one of those features that a handful of people use after it’s new and most people ignore afterwards.

Open world PvP…never going to happen in the game. There are plenty of games you can go to that offer it.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I hate games that enable PvP in PvE zones – it results in a lot of griefing and drama. PvP should remain separate from PvE, and it will. We do not need people spamganking players doing map completions or world bosses in PvE maps.

You don’t like PvE? That’s fine, you can spend all your time doing PvP matches or WvW, but forcing PvP on players who only like PvEing would be a major mistake. There are reasons why the two are separated here.

There’s plenty to do at 80. Not everyone is going to find every aspect of a game fun, and for some people, GW2 might just be a little too casual at max level, but there is a little bit of everything here, so a lot of people find things to do at cap.

I do agree that having a “duel” option would be nice, however, and it’s something players have been wanting for quite a while now. Maybe we’ll get it eventually.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

I still don’t get why there isn’t a dedicated server for those that DO want PvP enabled in the world. No-one would have to go there if they didn’t want to? No, WvW doesn’t count, that’s just big bunches of players running into other big bunches and Doors. So many stupid doors and catapults and whatnot… no skill required there.

Nage.1520

I still don’t get why there isn’t a dedicated server for those that DO want PvP enabled in the world. No-one would have to go there if they didn’t want to? No, WvW doesn’t count, that’s just big bunches of players running into other big bunches and Doors. So many stupid doors and catapults and whatnot… no skill required there.

Because it would mean more work for the devs, who would then have to fix bugs on two different types of servers.

I guess it would be great if they could just flip a switch and make it so and that the PvP population would then never complain about anything and never request changes or fixes.

But having all the servers with the same rules means bug fixes are easier. Making something for a small percentage of the playerbase to use probably isn’t the best use of dev time.

Max.8176

u see every one have his own playing style as i said , i get to max lvl and i try hard to get good gears and be skilled FOR WHAT ? yes to fight with other players thats how its fun for me you want to sit there and do PVE all the time hey thats fine , enjoy lol but not me , i find it very stupid not to have duals atleast in PVE , i also said only some maps lvl 80 ‘’ MAX lvl ’’ will have pvp , i didn’t say turn all the pve maps into pvp , we can also suggest pvp channels like what other games do , plus i ca’t just sit all day do pvp and WVW comeon you can hardly find one walking by him self in there , just like Vash said ‘’ just big bunches of players running into other big bunches and Doors. So many stupid doors and catapults and whatnot ’’ i fin that true .

Nage.1520

Every time someone suggests dueling,. half the people in the thread say no, they don’t want it in game. The game was designed for PvE to be COOPERATIVE and PvP to be competitive.

Go kill all the people you want in WvW…go roam and kill everybody, but frankly dueling in PvE will only accentuate how the game was never supposed to be balanced for 1v1 fights in the first place.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I have played since headstart and I have 8 level 80 chars…

What do I do?

- Living story; every two weeks (It’s on a season break atm) there is a story to follow and new stuff that happens, it usually keeps me entertained for a week and sometimes the whole two weeks.
- Dungeons; I do not do them too often but I rather do them with noobs than with elitists who just skip and stack, it get’s more interesting like that.
- Fractals; They are dungeons, I rarely do these but I know alot who does them as an endgame content and it is realy good rewards and with a good and friendly team it can be realy an awesome experience.
- Map Compleation; I have compleated 100% with my main char and with my alts I help out my friends and guild and at the same time I compleate map as I do that. It is quite rewarding too.
- Jumping Puzzles; I have done all Jumping Puzzles in this game, it took me quite a while but they gave me alot of joy.
- Meta Bosses and events; Like Tequatil, worm and the less-harder world bosses. They are quite nice to do for some extra loot or just for fun.
- Explore maps and find places you have never seen and do the so called Mini-Dungeons and stuff.
- Personal Story; Se the first chapter of the living story has a high veriety in story, create more characters and see how the story is for them all.
- Guild Missions; We do bountys and soon we have unlocked rush and I guess bigger guild has them all and they are quite fun.
- WvW Borders; It’s nice to go there with the guild.
- WvW EoTM; I usually go here when I wanna try my roaming WvW builds but sometimes there are some cool action there.
- sPvP; I mostly go Hot-join but this is what I do when I don’t have to much time to play, when I just wanna play for a little while.

I usually say that this game begins at Level 80, before that it is just tutorial.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by Moderator)

Max.8176

meh you know what just for get my topic .

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

meh you know what just for get my topic .

I’m not sure what you think open world PvP is. I assume you mean that you want everyone to be enemies of each other, with no teams. I guess that is why you don’t like WvW, because everyone zergs and gangs up on you.

But WvW, by design, IS open-world PvP. It is essentially PvE with PvP added in. Just because its on different maps than say, Queensdale, doesn’t change that.

Although I do agree that they overdid it with all the forts and the siege.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

OP is right, dungeons are easy and brainless, farming is boring, if i want to farm i would go d3 where farming is actually fun after the RoS update.
World bosses are zerg fest or you wont be able to kill it, world completion once, you finished it you wouldnt want to do it twice.

right now i only play gw2 for 2 weeks update and pvp

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

- Fractals; They are dungeons, I rarely do these but I know alot who does them as an endgame content and it is really crappy rewards and generally takes to long for what you get out of it.

I like your optimism, it is a pretty fun game to me too but i had to fix this for you!!

tbh OP a lot of the endgame is grinding to get nice weapons and armor for customizing your character and you can do all the things edgar suggested to get stuff you like. I would recommend not to invest time into fractals atm. Unless you are extremely lucky you will be dissappointed.

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

open world pvp is simply dirty cheap ganking nothing to do with combat

action combat made mmos better lol

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It sounds to me like the problem isn’t that there isn’t enough to do at level 80, but that the OP only wants to do a few specific things.

I actually found getting to level 80 the first time felt really exciting because I was finally free to do whatever I wanted. I didn’t have to worry about whether it was the right level or would get me enough experience and because I had enough karma to get a full set of exotics right away I also didn’t have to worry about getting gear, I could just do whatever I wanted.

I definitely didn’t feel like I was done with PvE either. One of the first things I did was go back and explore some of the low level maps, partially to work towards map completion but mostly just to get to see ones I hadn’t been to while levelling up. Maybe to you it’s boring but I really enjoy exploring the map. And it’s a lot more enjoyable to me when I don’t have to worry about whether other players are going to kill me.

If you only want to do PvP then that’s fair enough, you have that option (and actually didn’t need to level up first to play either sPvP or WvW) but it’s inaccurate to say that because you’re not interested in all the other content that’s available that there isn’t anything else.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Another one of those threads ? Look what a success ganking games like AION are in the west. You just always kill those games .. gank people until all easy targets (pve player that only want to level) leave the game, then leave self since there is nobody left to gank.

No thanks.

Also : No Cape, No Mounts, No Trinity, No Raids and no Duells :p

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

You have more “action” available at level 80 than any other level. You have access to all the content in the entire game. Dungeons, Map completion, world vs world, pvp, living story, fractals, events anywhere you want, is all available at level 80.

If none of that is fun for you, then why are you even playing this game?

and also:

Attachments:

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Its too much to expect from a b2p non sub game. Again my opinion.

And more action is coming by the way of SAB whereas in another MMO, a new Adventure Zone awaits at the end of the month within the first month of release for content rushers which does not involve blocky 16 bit graphics.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

(edited by Khal Drogo.9631)