gaurdian staff attack on button 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shaman.1938

shaman.1938

I don’t use a staff very often on my guardian but was messing around with it recently and discovered that the 2nd attack fires off at a 45 degree angle into the air instead of straight ahead ..

Is this the way it normally worked?

It seems to be no time at all and it is WAY above the mobs heads at range and ofen seems to miss NPCs as far as healing them on route

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Definitely not how it used to work, if this is still in-game then it’s most likely yet another bug brought by the new patch.

shaman.1938

TY for the post .. as i said I seldom use it and it just seemed odd

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Should shoot straight and keep going until it hits or you detonate.
Sometimes it does behave odly specially when out of target range, and can shoot straight to the ground… Don’t remember ever seeing it shoot up though. (reminds me some underwater stuff back in BWE)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I was using it yesterday and it didn’t act like that. Maybe it was a one time glitch for you. If it happens again, do a bug report.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

shaman.1938

it has done it for the past few days on my charr guardian .. will check again and bug report .. ty all

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Without a target your orb will fire in the angle you were last “looking” so if you mouselook up (right mouse button moving your “character”) and then fire without changing your characters viewing angle, it will fire the orb up..or down or how ever you were looking.

Additionally you can move the camera (left mouse button) and even out your camera angle to watch it fire up into the air.

targetless aiming fire is useful for aiming ahead of moving targets, but you have to bring your angle down to fire straight and not into the ground. Most of us tend to play in an isometric top down view.