gem store tools - one for each toon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: drolma.6047

drolma.6047

I finally broke down and purchased gem store tools with the Halloween skins. While I am appreciative they are now account bound (and I would never have bought them otherwise), at $12.50 a pop ($37.50 for 3), I am thinking Anet needs to take this one step further. Make the tools available to all toons without having to log onto the toon who currently has them, place them in the bank, then log onto the toon that needs them. The purchased tools should be available to every toon without having to go through a time intensive and annoying process. It would be great if each toon could somehow have access to their own unique copy – maybe even wardrobe space for collector who love having multiple skins. As it stand right now, if someone asked if the gem store tools were worth it, I would answer that I probably wouldn’t buy them again and explain why.

Thanks!

“Wise people talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” -
Plato. Pity the Fool [FOOL] ~ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And have yet another issue with people having bought multiple copies of them?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea i dont see this happening if you want even more convenience buy for each your toon mate, thats what people did before they went account bound.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I might consider buying one if they weren’t so ridiculously flashy. Can we just have a normal look and animation?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

-snip-

i’m a hobo mining skritt and i support this suggestion

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Yes in another thread I suggested a new tab be added to the hero panel labeled Tools and it would work much like Finishers. Once you unlock a tool, for this example lets say Log-R-Tron each toon could access the tools tab and select that as the tool to use when chopping down a tree, If say you also bought Chop It All Logging Axe another toon could use that instead it would all come down to the toons preference.

This would also include things like the Copper Fed Salvage-O-Matic. And on that note, I think adding a new function to the Inventory Options gear button, if you have a Salvage-O-Matic equipped on your toon in the tools tab you can also click this button and the new option would read Salvage “rarity” with the rarity being selectable from white all the the way to epic and that means you select each one in a drop down list and add a check to all that apply. Once you have your rarity’s selected you could click the gear button and then choose Salvage All.

Gummy.4278

Yeah the issue with people having bought multiples would need addressing if it ever came to it.

But I thinks its funny how Anet made the Salvage-O-Matic’s and the Harvesting Tools all individual at first then after the fact went back in to make them account bound and yet the Finishers are not made for use on individual characters.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Special consumables/gathering/special use slots would be nice, but I have a workaround for infinite gathering tools. I give all my characters a set of regular gathering tools as a place holder. I put the infinite gathering tools in 3 adjacent spots in an easily accessible place in my bank. And when I take a character out, I go to the bank, and rt-click<equip> on each of the gathering tools. And they tools get swapped without having to do a lot of inventory shuffling. Then when I’m through with that character, I go back to the bank, rt-click<equip> on each of the regular tools, and they get swapped back. Infinite salvage kits are a little more work, but it’s not too inconvenient if you have a system. Of course, this works for me because I always park my characters in a city near a bank. It wouldn’t work as well if you like ot leave your character out in the open world.
And +1000 to narwhalsbend’s suggestion for normal look and animation infinite gathering tools. And please, please can we get infinite salvage kits that DON’T TALK.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

OP should be happy by how Anet actually does make everything perma useful and account tradable.

Most games provide shop items which are either character bound or 1 time use only – skins for example.

@Elden
Cooper o-Matic does talk less than he was in past.
Improvement!

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

And have yet another issue with people having bought multiple copies of them?

Actually what I believe the OP is saying is that when you buy something that is account bound, allow any toon that you create ( when level 80 ) go to the Black Lion Rep in LA and you can get another Pick/Axe etc for that toon without the extra cost,

ANET is all about NPE apparently, so why is it that when something is account bound you have to go to your bank, put said item in bank, log out, select new toon, go to bank, take item out, etc etc etc, its just time wasting,

At the end of the day most people will not buy said items multiply times at 1000 gems each, when its account bound, im sure this would have been an easy thing for Anet to do, but I guess they either don’t want to, or greed kicks in and they hope people will just buy multiply items of the same type.

lordkrall.7241

I am fully of aware what the OP is saying. That was not what I commented about however. I commented about those of us that have bought multiple of these items just because we didn’t want to change between characters.

Changing the system now would create issues with that and would take time and resources to fix, just like when they went from soul-bound to account-bound.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Yes in another thread I suggested a new tab be added to the hero panel labeled Tools and it would work much like Finishers. Once you unlock a tool, for this example lets say Log-R-Tron each toon could access the tools tab and select that as the tool to use when chopping down a tree, If say you also bought Chop It All Logging Axe another toon could use that instead it would all come down to the toons preference.

This would also include things like the Copper Fed Salvage-O-Matic. And on that note, I think adding a new function to the Inventory Options gear button, if you have a Salvage-O-Matic equipped on your toon in the tools tab you can also click this button and the new option would read Salvage “rarity” with the rarity being selectable from white all the the way to epic and that means you select each one in a drop down list and add a check to all that apply. Once you have your rarity’s selected you could click the gear button and then choose Salvage All.

This makes too much sense.

Gummy.4278

This makes too much sense.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was going for. Yeah like I said, I find it funny that wardrobe, dyes, outfits, minis, and finishers all get to be used all across the account and the tool items do not, yet they come account bound. Why didn’t they get this upgrade in the Hero panel, cause its a complete money grab.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I have full sets on 10 chars, and salvage o matics on 12. I could choose which I could keep and I’d probably keep 1 from each set, and still have 18 or so redundant… , and 11 salvage kits. It’s about 22k gems…

I doubt they would refund me 2500 gold, or 3500 if you used the other conversion ?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I have full sets on 10 chars, and salvage o matics on 12. I could choose which I could keep and I’d probably keep 1 from each set, and still have 18 or so redundant… , and 11 salvage kits. It’s about 22k gems…

I doubt they would refund me 2500 gold, or 3500 if you used the other conversion ?

Buy me something pretty, plz Mr. Monopoly Man.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

@everyone saying people who bought multiple sets would complain:

So?

I never got a refund for the multiple sets of tier 3 cultural armour when the wardrobe came out and unlocked the skin for everyone.

I never got a refund for the second commander tag I bought when they were per character.

They’ve already got a history of not refunding squat after a QoL change.

lordkrall.7241

So?

I never got a refund for the multiple sets of tier 3 cultural armour when the wardrobe came out and unlocked the skin for everyone.

I never got a refund for the second commander tag I bought when they were per character.

Did any of those things cost gems (aka potentially real money)?
No? So apples and oranges then.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

So?

Did any of those things cost gems (aka potentially real money)?
No? So apples and oranges then.

I’d have hoped I wouldn’t have had to go the extra length of pointing it out, but….

Gem store skins that were overwritten or purchased multiple times for multiple characters before the wardrobe were not refunded either. Same with any town clothes items before outfits or if you bought multiple pieces of one of the clothing sets before they turned them into tonics.

I’d have thought that the mention of the wardrobe alone should have carried through, logically, to any gem store skins as well, but I guess not.

Any other nits to pick?

Edit: Also, indirectly, yes. I bought gems and transferred them to gold for the outfits and commander tags. So those were also wastes of real money.