getting kickd from party cause...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

getting kickd from party cause, i didnt know how to exploit pass dredge. after beating already 2 fractal levels. why does this game allow party kicking like this.

Usually people respond like this “if you trusted them to join their party then you should be aware they can kick you if they want”

but its a easy to counter falasy with “if they trusted you to let you join then you should have no right to kick them or next time don´t let them in”

Posted by: Axesome.1025

Axesome.1025

There are some “elitist” who just can’t live without being 2 minutes faster.

There are three things you can do:

1. Learn that dredge fractals exploit
  2. Find another party or (even better)
  3. Don’t do PUGs and do it with guildies.

(edited by Axesome.1025)

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

getting kickd from party cause, i didnt know how to exploit pass dredge. after beating already 2 fractal levels. why does this game allow party kicking like this.

Usually people respond like this “if you trusted them to join their party then you should be aware they can kick you if they want”

but its a easy to counter falasy with “if they trusted you to let you join then you should have no right to kick them or next time don´t let them in”

Print screen and send ANet.
Exploiting is still a bannable offense. Maybe that way the elitist kittens would learn to stop being jerks!

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It sounds like to me the team wanted to do a specific strategy, and you refused or didn’t listen.

Either they wanted to skip the first two switches, or they stood on the wooden structure during the boss fight. Either way, if they kicked you on level 3 FoTM, chances are they simply found you obnoxious.

Why are the carebears in this thread calling his group elitist, when they darn well don’t know what happened? You really have to try hard to get kicked from level 3 FoTM.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

yeah, I pretty much do the 3rd option only now, so much more fun.

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

kicked from level 3 FoTM.

He never mentioned level 3 FoTM. He mentioned that he is on 3rd fractal.

Normally those who do/need exploits are at 10 or higher, less than 10 we just rush in like headless chicken since it is quite easy.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If it were me, after the first wipe I probably would have said “hey guys I’m not familiar with this particular strategy, what’s the plan?” Then just play along.

What you probably don’t want to do is say nothing continue wiping and clearly be the one guy not on the same page.

Most groups are willing to explain it, especially if its something as simple as stand here or jump from here to here.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It sounds like to me the team wanted to do a specific strategy, and you refused or didn’t listen.

Either they wanted to skip the first two switches, or they stood on the wooden structure during the boss fight. Either way, if they kicked you on level 3 FoTM, chances are they simply found you obnoxious.

Why are the carebears in this thread calling his group elitist, when they darn well don’t know what happened? You really have to try hard to get kicked from level 3 FoTM.

Basically your entire post is a statement of what you think happened. Strange huh?

The Burninator

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

There’s a weird psychology with exploiting that makes people think they are superior to someone else. Either superior to the designers for doing something that wasn’t intended, or superior to other players for not knowing what they know.

Players will have that attitude and stick to it even to self detriment. That Dredge shortcut isn’t even a shortcut. It takes longer to get around the switches than to just do them right. No kidding at all about that. Also, only two people need to jump down into the cage everyone else can run in when they hit the switches. So even if you do have someone hell bent on wasting time because they know a trick they think is fancy, why would they require everyone to do something that only takes two?

I remember someone getting kicked from Dredge because they didn’t know the Ice boss/ramp glitch. It was the third Fractal also. That glitch (long since fixed mods) involved getting the boss stuck on a ramp where the players could safely hit him from underneath. The party leader said he and his guildie would kick whoever didn’t go straight to the ramp. And he did. It took over an hour and twenty minutes to kill the boss that way. That boss takes less than 20 minutes with a bad group.

That behavior and rationale is so mentally unbalanced its really hard to just categorize it as “elitist”.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

There’s a weird psychology with exploiting that makes people think they are superior to someone else. Either superior to the designers for doing something that wasn’t intended, or superior to other players for not knowing what they know.

Players will have that attitude and stick to it even to self detriment. That Dredge shortcut isn’t even a shortcut. It takes longer to get around the switches than to just do them right. No kidding at all about that. Also, only two people need to jump down into the cage everyone else can run in when they hit the switches. So even if you do have someone hell bent on wasting time because they know a trick they think is fancy, why would they require everyone to do something that only takes two?

I remember someone getting kicked from Dredge because they didn’t know the Ice boss/ramp glitch. It was the third Fractal also. That glitch (long since fixed mods) involved getting the boss stuck on a ramp where the players could safely hit him from underneath. The party leader said he and his guildie would kick whoever didn’t go straight to the ramp. And he did. It took over an hour and twenty minutes to kill the boss that way. That boss takes less than 20 minutes with a bad group.

That behavior and rationale is so mentally unbalanced its really hard to just categorize it as “elitist”.

In my experience, most people consider themselves superior.

Either..
1. I am superior, because I exploit and do this dungeon fast, where you are a n00b.
2. Unlike that other guy, I am really nice and help people out all the time! Come with me, because I am better than you and I am nicer than him.
3. I don’t play video games, because video game players are losers
4. I don’t judge anyone (secretly saying that you are the superior to all those who do judge people, and ironically are judging them by doing so)
etc etc..

This is even more apparent on the internet.

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Exploiting is still a bannable offense. Maybe that way the elitist kittens would learn to stop being jerks!

/cheers

I don’t think “elitist” means what you think it means.

Almost sounds like you’re blanketing any obnoxious pug you come across as “elitist”. I hope you’re aware that most real elitists are so elitist that they would not even deign to pug with the peasants, so the average kitten you come across on gw2lfg.com likely isn’t one.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Basically your entire post is a statement of what you think happened. Strange huh?

I’m able to read OP’s post and know he has a guilty conscious. Otherwise he wouldn’t be trying to get sympathy.

I can’t judge the “elitists” in his party, on the other hand. We didn’t hear their side of the story. We could figure out what exploits they were doing though by the process of elimination.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Running past mobs or running around them is not a bannable offense.
If it was, then all of us who used to “Taxi” to Droknar’s & Rata Sum would have been banned from GW1 and wouldn’t have HOM skins to flaunt right now.

/cheers

It’s rarely ever an exploit, it’s a mini Jumping Puzzle that Anet specifically left un-walled (IE: no invisible wall there, but definitely pathable steps). Not only that but it only “bypasses” mob groups in the same sense that a balanced build can just run straight through them usually. And to add on to that, it’s not even DIFFICULT by jump puzzle standards b/c all the jumps you can actually MAKE while still being “in Combat” (try that in some of the WvW JPs!!) so I take issue with it even being called a real bypass since there’s literally no way to do it without still being exposed to ranged attacks from the mobs and you’re also not going inside any of the geometry either. (unless video proof shows otherwise)

Keep in mind… this is the Dredge one we’re talking about.
Anet should have changed it by now b/c it’s obvious that everyone HATES IT.
…especially at higher levels.

(edited by ilr.9675)

LHound.8964

I don’t think “elitist” means what you think it means.

Almost sounds like you’re blanketing any obnoxious pug you come across as “elitist”. I hope you’re aware that most real elitists are so elitist that they would not even deign to pug with the peasants, so the average kitten you come across on gw2lfg.com likely isn’t one.

I can agree there are degrees in the scale of elitism, but denying a player because he’s unaware of a particular way of doing things (in this case an exploit), it’s in my book of Elitism. It’s as if there was a club door with the sign “L2P our way to enter”!

Running past mobs or running around them is not a bannable offense.
If it was, then all of us who used to “Taxi” to Droknar’s & Rata Sum would have been banned from GW1 and wouldn’t have HOM skins to flaunt right now.

It’s rarely ever an exploit, it’s a mini Jumping Puzzle that Anet specifically left un-walled (IE: no invisible wall there, but definitely pathable steps). Not only that but it only “bypasses” mob groups in the same sense that a balanced build can just run straight through them usually. And to add on to that, it’s not even DIFFICULT by jump puzzle standards b/c all the jumps you can actually MAKE while still being “in Combat” (try that in some of the WvW JPs!!) so I take issue with it even being called a real bypass since there’s literally no way to do it without still being exposed to ranged attacks from the mobs and you’re also not going inside any of the geometry either. (unless video proof shows otherwise)

Keep in mind… this is the Dredge one we’re talking about.
Anet should have changed it by now b/c it’s obvious that everyone HATES IT.
…especially at higher levels.

“An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game’s designers.”

Bypassing the dredges gates by jumping it’s an exploit, because you are saving yourselves the trouble of facing them! Similar to the CoF gate bypassing in the early Gw2 start.
Is it annoying? Yes it is. But being the dredge fractal does not excuses the use of exploits!

I always stick to my PoV: “An exploit is an exploit, regardless of the impact it might bring”.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Kicking from instanced areas are one of the worst things introduced in this game.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

4. I don’t judge anyone (secretly saying that you are the superior to all those who do judge people, and ironically are judging them by doing so)
etc etc..

While I agree to the rest, this argument doesn’t hold. Judging people for judging people on irrational things is a good thing to do.
Take for example the klansman. I judge him for being a racist. Doesn’t make me a racist for denying his white pride although that’s a common argument.

Another example is being pro-gay marriage. That doesn’t mean I want to destroy marriage and neither that I’m against straights. I just want to give others the same rights I have as a straight, married man. And yet people claim to “defend marriage” by explicitly destroying it for many loving couples.

So yes, I’m quick to judge judgemental people, which is a different argument. By that I don’t make myself superior, I merely demand to be treated equal.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I find it amusing how anyone can even claim to be elitist in a game that has no raiding or anything that requires a large guild of organized people to pull off. For example, raids in EQ1 or EQ2 or vanilla WoW back during MC and BWL and i’d go as far as to say even Cthun or Twin Emps in AQ40. Dungeon runs here remind me of facerolling EQ1 open world dungeons with full PoTime gear on. You actually have to try and die or go afk to make a sandwich while half the dungeon beats on you.

Of course those days of MMOs are pretty much gone since everyone cried and wants to be spoon fed epic gear and then claim they worked hard for it……regardless, if you got kicked from a group cause they were too lazy to ask or explain their exploit to you, then you are better off without them anyways.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: RumStein.6859

RumStein.6859

Also, this definition of exploiting…

Are you specifically aware of Anets design intentions for everything?

I think completing dredge fractal above level 30 at all is out of their intention.

Therefore, if you complete the dredge fractal at 30+, you are exploiting.

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

yeah, I pretty much do the 3rd option only now, so much more fun.

Doing 3rd option since longer than I can remember. The random MMORPG player has like a 50% chance of being an immature person. Nothing like finding a good guild and sticking with it.

And about that “exploit”… ANet could fix it easily, and should do it.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

(edited by Korrigan.4837)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I find it amusing how anyone can even claim to be elitist in a game that has no raiding or anything that requires a large guild of organized people to pull off. For example, raids in EQ1 or EQ2 or vanilla WoW back during MC and BWL and i’d go as far as to say even Cthun or Twin Emps in AQ40. Dungeon runs here remind me of facerolling EQ1 open world dungeons with full PoTime gear on. You actually have to try and die or go afk to make a sandwich while half the dungeon beats on you.

Of course those days of MMOs are pretty much gone since everyone cried and wants to be spoon fed epic gear and then claim they worked hard for it……regardless, if you got kicked from a group cause they were too lazy to ask or explain their exploit to you, then you are better off without them anyways.

the actual challenge of a task/field of practice has nothing to do with being elitist, it is a matter of self-perception, you can be elitist about washing the dishes.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

why does this game allow party kicking like this.

Because it is their party.

If you don’t agree with them form your own party.

/thread

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

can OP explain what is this dredge exploiting?
afaik they fixed everything

(and put more dredge just in case…).

Could it be that you didn t know the proper tactic for dredge?
(still not a reason to boot but accusing people of exploiting is not good either).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

It’s buzz-word of the week, last week it was “griefer”, before that “terrorist” and “commie”

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

There are still ways to skip some of the first part of dredge fractal, but it has slower than doing it properly unless there is a mesmer that is good at it or the whole group is.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

mm if its stealth + blink or portal

Its not an exploit.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Korrigan.4837

Its not an exploit.

It’s “jump and walk along a ledge to avoid a whole lot of mobs”.

ProxyDamage.9826

Its not an exploit.

Sounds less like an “exploit” and more like being clever to me.

“Jesus spots” in L4D are exploits. Bypassing optional, slow and unrewarding content is just smart play.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Two missing pieces of information are really crucial here to judge the incedent in my opinion.

a) was it really an exploit or some legit strategy to bypass mobs (portaling, stealthing etc.)
b) if it wasn´t a “real exploit”, did the party explain their strategy to you and did you try to do what was suggested or did you refuse to follow the strategy everyone else was agreeing on?

LHound.8964

Its not an exploit.

“Jesus spots” in L4D are exploits. Bypassing optional, slow and unrewarding content is just smart play.

If the ledge was designed to be an optional route to the same place, instead of facing a lot of mobs, that’s smart play. If the ledge was not designed to be an optional route, that’s an exploit…

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

ProxyDamage.9826

If the ledge was designed to be an optional route to the same place, instead of facing a lot of mobs, that’s smart play. If the ledge was not designed to be an optional route, that’s an exploit…

How it was designed is irrelevant.

Is walking allowed? Yes.
Can you walk on the ledges? Yes.
Are the mobs mandatory? No.
Can they be bypassed? Yes.
Is anyone using third party programs or applications for it? No.

= Not an exploit. Smart play.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Is walking allowed? Yes.

It’s an exploit…

I’m shocked you are actually trying to defend this. No one cares that you want to use that exploit, but it’s an exploit. It’s like standing in a spot to glitch something.

Is walking allowed? Yes
Is standing allowed? Yes
= Not an exploit. Smart Play <— terrible logic

It’s an area that they clearly missed and the playerbase discovered it is accessible and can be used to their advantage.

That is called exploiting their careless mistake. It’s not smart play, it’s lazy play.

Defending it just makes you seem kinda ….you know…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

LHound.8964

err…. No it’s not irrelevant.
“An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game’s designers. - Wikipedia

Is walking allowed? Yes.

This example clearly demonstrates the flaw in your logic.

Let’s re-write your example by the Game’s intended design:

Is walking allowed? Yes.
Should you walk on the ledges? No
Are the mobs mandatory? Yes.
Can they be bypassed? Yes
Should they be bypassed? No
Is anyone using third party programs or applications for it? Irrelevant

So you see, that’s the difference between knowing there is an exploit and actually exploiting.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Unfortunately, glitching fights and mobs..and exploiting is present in any game. While Neverwinter has the most challenging dungeons in any MMO that has been released in the last few years…it is a breeding ground for exploits and glitches. People run past mobs to get to the end, to die but rez at the last waypoint…things like that. Unbelievable. GW2 is a close second with this type of behavior. I don’t want to spend 1.5 hrs in the dungeon, but I dont mind a nice 40 minute run. I hate when groups try to glitch, something goes wrong, and then you’re set back further than you would have been if you just cleared normally.

But one can only wonder…is this a result of all of the carrots that are dangled in front of our faces? Is this behavior because of the cheese at the end of the maze? They HAVE to make dungeons worth running and completing, but they should make clearing trash mobs worth killing too.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

I have heard of peeps kicking others but its nvr happened to me, i guess it could be frustrating, perhaps group with friends or guild, then if you do something wrong they can advise you on how its done:).

Korrigan.4837

Its not an exploit.

“Never try to make an exploiter admit he is exploiting”.
Very old rule, still 100% valid.

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

It’s funny when they wanna do it so fast that it takes them like half an hour to find the right group. Then, by that time, me and some friends have already run it.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

It’s funny when they wanna do it so fast that it takes them like half an hour to find the right group. Then, by that time, me and some friends have already run it.

Try gw2lfg as a zerk war i can get groups almost instant.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

A realist! I like you.

OP take this as a wake up call. Learn how to do things the fast/easy/efficient way, or find a more casual group to run with. The world doesn’t change to suit individuals. You need to adapt. Also, the group shouldn’t be forced to be stuck with someone they don’t like just to protect that person’s feelings from being kicked.

ProxyDamage.9826

It’s an exploit…

I’m shocked you are actually trying to defend this. No one cares that you want to use that exploit, but it’s an exploit. It’s like standing in a spot to glitch something.

Is walking allowed? Yes
Is standing allowed? Yes

It’s an area that they clearly missed and the playerbase discovered it is accessible and can be used to their advantage.

That is called exploiting their careless mistake. It’s not smart play, it’s lazy play.

“Intended” is irrelevant. Half the things we do today were not intended. Go through the balance changes and see how many things were changed because people discovered ways to use skills and traits that were originally not intended by the developer? “Not intended” isn’t necessarily bad. Fighting games as you know them today were born from a completely unintended mechanic back in Street Fighter 2 – Combos. While developing Portal, Valve discovered quite a lot of players were coming up with innovative and completely unintended ways to beat their puzzles. They purposely left most of them in the game as they considered them just as clever (some even more so) than the original option. Quite a lot of clever builds were created in this game that the developers never intended for. Again: Intended is irrelevant.

It’s in the game, it’s legal. If they don’t want people doing it they had very easy fixes – just make the quest require those mobs being killed to advance. They didn’t. It doesn’t. It’s not required. It’s also a waste of time to do them. If you want to do them, get together with other people who want to do them. Nobody is stopping you.

No, I don’t. Do you have the stones to say it though?

err…. No it’s not irrelevant.
“An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game’s designers. - Wikipedia

Wikipedia is not a relevant source.

I’ll take David Sirlin’s definition over it any day

Is it illegal? No. Not cheating. Not exploiting. Smart play. Get over it.

Should you walk on the ledges? No

Why? Give me an objective piece of evidence that this is so. The developers could easily have patched it by now if they didn’t want it (they know about it).

Are the mobs mandatory? Yes.

Objectively and demonstrably wrong. If they were you couldn’t finish the map without them. You can. Meaning they’re not tagged as mandatory. Meaning they aren’t.

Why not? Why shouldn’t you if you can? I’ll only accept objective answers.

Jemmi.6058

etc etc..

While I agree to the rest, this argument doesn’t hold. Judging people for judging people on irrational things is a good thing to do.
Take for example the klansman. I judge him for being a racist. Doesn’t make me a racist for denying his white pride although that’s a common argument.

Another example is being pro-gay marriage. That doesn’t mean I want to destroy marriage and neither that I’m against straights. I just want to give others the same rights I have as a straight, married man. And yet people claim to “defend marriage” by explicitly destroying it for many loving couples.

So yes, I’m quick to judge judgemental people, which is a different argument. By that I don’t make myself superior, I merely demand to be treated equal.

I wasn’t really saying that judging people is wrong or bad. I was simply saying that everyone judges others, and nearly everyone thinks themselves superior.

Jemmi.6058

Is walking allowed? Yes.

It’s an exploit…

Is walking allowed? Yes
Is standing allowed? Yes

I disagree that the dredge jump is an exploit. An exploit would be hitting the dredge through a wall, or even blinking through the wall for portal. However, jumping in seems like a use of in-game mechanics to pass an obstacle. That seems perfectly intended. Hitting through a wall or blinking through a wall is an obvious exploit, because it is taking advantage of something that is clearly a bug and not a design choice. Jumping on the other hand is strongly encouraged in this game.

LHound.8964

“Intended” is irrelevant. Half the things we do today were not intended. Go through the balance changes and see how many things were changed because people discovered ways to use skills and traits that were originally not intended by the developer? “Not intended” isn’t necessarily bad. Fighting games as you know them today were born from a completely unintended mechanic back in Street Fighter 2 – Combos.

Not all exploits are bad. Some actually are good developments sources as they provide new ideas to create new content. However they don’t stop being exploits. If you are gaining advantage throughout a unintended feature it’s exploiting!

It’s in the game, it’s legal.

Not all things present in a game are legal. As an example, those banned from “taking advantage” of the Snowflake -> Globs Salvaging -> Profit were wrongly banned? By your logic, they shouldn’t have been banned because they were using game own features.

GW2 Rules of Conduct clearly states:
You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.

The nonexistent invisible wall that allows the exploit to occur, it’s a known bug. If they haven’t corrected it already don’t mean it’s less of a bug or that have been declared not a bug.

You by using this known unintended bug, your are automatically taking an unintended benefit from it, going against the GW2 RoC.

So objectively answer your question :

Because it’s illegal!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

A realist! I like you.

OP take this as a wake up call. Learn how to do things the fast/easy/efficient way, or find a more casual group to run with. The world doesn’t change to suit individuals. You need to adapt. Also, the group shouldn’t be forced to be stuck with someone they don’t like just to protect that person’s feelings from being kicked.

What crap. For fractals, most groups dont say “we are skipping and glitching and exploiting everything we can”. If the group kicked him for a few mistakes made, that is just BS on their part. Its not like the OP knew exactly how the group wanted to run all three fractals.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Xenon.4537

A realist! I like you.

What crap. For fractals, most groups dont say “we are skipping and glitching and exploiting everything we can”. If the group kicked him for a few mistakes made, that is just BS on their part. Its not like the OP knew exactly how the group wanted to run all three fractals.

First of all, most groups do give some sort of communicative indication as to their intentions. Even if they assumed he knew they were glitching, when they saw him not keeping up they likely said something in chat. Secondly it is absolutely not BS to kick someone if they make mistakes. If the group wants to be strict, that’s their choice. They shouldn’t be forced to be stuck with someone they don’t like. They obviously didn’t have the time or patience to hold his hand and teach him their ways. I don’t blame them at all. I’ve been in both the “all 3 AC paths in 15 minutes” groups and I’ve been in the “Three-and-a-falf-hours-and-only-halfway-through AC p2” groups. Some people don’t like spending extra time doing things if they don’t have to, and putting up with bad pugs is simply masochistic in some cases. Again, if OP doesn’t want to do what they do, then he needs to find other people to play with instead of feeling hurt that he got rejected.

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

So..you got a bad group that kicked you for a stupid reason. It happens, good thing is that there are many more good groups than bad ones. I’ve played with countless pugs and can count on my fingers the amount of pugs I’ve had that acted like idiots (like the war who really didn’t want a ranger in our cof run, even though he saw the ranger when he joined the party…and the ranger opened the dungeon..and we all got kicked).

This is also why it’s common sense and courtesy for people to ask if everyone knows/wants to do something one way or another. Saving your party from a wipe saves time.

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

It’s in the game, it’s legal.

Not all things present in a game are legal. As an example, those banned from “taking advantage” of the Snowflake -> Globs Salvaging -> Profit were wrongly banned? By your logic, they shouldn’t have been banned because they were using game own features.

Agreed. I wonder if he thinks the Karma Trick/Exploit that got lots of users banned around launch time was legit. Unfortunately, the exploit defender is also the first one to switch sides when Anet eventually patches it.
Pre-Patch = clever use of game mechanics.
Post-Patch = How dare you try to exploit this glorious game.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Xenon.4537

I’m of the philosophy that if you can do something in a game without actually altering the game’s code, then you shouldn’t be punished for it. It’s the developer’s fault if a flaw exists, and it’s their responsibility to correct the flaw. They should be thankful when people uncover the flaws so that they can be identified and fixed.

Jemmi.6058

I’m of the philosophy that if you can do something in a game without actually altering the game’s code, then you shouldn’t be punished for it. It’s the developer’s fault if a flaw exists, and it’s their responsibility to correct the flaw. They should be thankful when people uncover the flaws so that they can be identified and fixed.

I agree to an extent. I disagree when this action negatively impacts other players experiences. For example, there have been many exploits which resulted in a massive influx of ecto’s or gold into the economy. This lowers the price of ectos or decreases the value of gold, and consequently, negatively impacts players who gain these items by legit means.

I do not mean negatively impacts in the case of the original poster, who was kicked for not following the strategy of the party. In this case, we are missing too many details to know exactly what happened/why he was kicked. If they simply kicked him, because he did not know the strategy, without saying anything, than that is more of a problem with the players than the code and strategy.

Xenon.4537

I agree to an extent. I disagree when this action negatively impacts other players experiences. For example, there have been many exploits which resulted in a massive influx of ecto’s or gold into the economy. This lowers the price of ectos or decreases the value of gold, and consequently, negatively impacts players who gain these items by legit means.

I do not mean negatively impacts in the case of the original poster, who was kicked for not following the strategy of the party. In this case, we are missing too many details to know exactly what happened/why he was kicked. If they simply kicked him, because he did not know the strategy, without saying anything, than that is more of a problem with the players than the code and strategy.

I was referring to more victimless crimes such as when people were jumping over the wall in CoF p2. Banning for that is just unfair.

In the case of an exploit affecting the economy, I think it would be better to fix the exploit than to worry about banning the exploiters. If they can’t exploit in the first place, then there’s no need to ban them.

Sure ban people for hacking, but if you think of the game’s code as a set of laws, and you are doing something within that set of laws that wasn’t intended, I don’t see it as breaking the laws at all. You are simply interpreting the laws differently.

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

Elitists defending elitists through assumptions of entire situations. Very strange.