getting kinda bored already :(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

Don’t get me wrong this game is great and I’m sure there is plenty to do..
But I’m just bored maybe I rushed it too fast, I already got full exotic gear because I’m 400 armorsmithing and I made it. i farmed cof 30+ times for the great sword and now i just feel bored. I do the other dungeons but farming them 30+ times for gear that doesn’t really improve your stats is just boring for me.
Maybe im playing a PVP game and expecting to pve as one of my guildies put it.
Ive been doing SPVP and tbh after a few days its just boring..
wvw is just zerg and then you have to run for miles if you die.
I guess im much more into PVE and the dungeons don’t reward you which takes away my enthusiasm.
I hope that you guys at arena net decide to improve the dungeons and make them worth doing , i enjoy a challenge i just want to be rewarded that is all
The reason i say im bored is because i cba to do the dungeons while they are like this

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

This game isn’t about stats, so maybe it just isn’t for you.

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

yeah maybe

/10char

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

I am not into PVP at all and having a blast with the PVE. But from what you say, you seem more oriented to a gear threadmill based game. Not to mention that you might have slight burned out in the ‘rush’. This is a game akin to a good 10 years old Barolo or Bordeaux, not something you want to down in a big gulp

Posted by: knightblaster.8027

knightblaster.8027

The core design of the game is around a level field and stat caps being easily reached by the players, rather than progression-based rewards creating gear-based castes among the players. It’s true that many MMO players who like the gear caste system won’t like this, but it’s the core design — I like it because I hate gear castes.

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

Play another class that suits your powerlevel playstyle.. like elementalist for example.. get all four sets of armor (water/fire/earth/wind). Or look for a cool looking armor/weapon. Get all the cooking recipes (cooking is supposed to be hard and expensive), help your guildies, etc.

Posted by: ZionNow.2138

ZionNow.2138

What I’m hoping is that Anet wil add some more events to the dungeons in the future. It would be awesome to have done a dungeon a lot of times to the point where you do it almost automatically and suddenly an event happens you’ve never seen before (in addition to some tweaks to the dungeons of course).

Other then that, I don’t know what to tell you. GW2 was built to have a B2P model, which means you can leave and jump in again at your own convenience. I remember I sometimes took breaks for months in GW1, only to go back in when I felt like it and play it it again for months. I’ve never felt like GW1 (or GW2 for that matter) is a game you play daily for a very long time. When I didn’t know what to do in GW1 I looked at my achievements for some “guidance” and did some stuff I’ve never done before, some of it I didn’t like and stopped, other things kept me happy for days.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Only 10 yrs on a good Barolo? Like em young, huh? lol

I’m not really sure what to say to the peeps that scream for end cap, then complain about being bored. I can see myself playing this game for a couple of years easily.

Could be this style of game just isn’t for you?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, the game is out for like 2 weeks and you are obviously at max level. Nobody forced us (me too) to do this insane run, though leveling really wasn´t that hard. I doubt the majority of players allready feels this way. Give it some time, for a game in the launch phase the content is really rich. Play an alt, do stuff you didn´t do, even if its farming mats for alt crafting, whatever. I feel a bit drained myself after the wild ride but after I spent some days now with other things I like in my free time, the game allready has become more fun again.

Posted by: Vaeyrune.6804

Vaeyrune.6804

I already got full exotic gear because I’m 400 armorsmithing and I made it. i farmed cof 30+ times for the great sword

Brag post deleted.

Imagine?

I’m so good, I astound myself!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I already got full exotic gear because I’m 400 armorsmithing and I made it. i farmed cof 30+ times for the great sword

Brag post deleted.

Imagine?

nah, I do not think it is a very difficult thing if you had enough time in the last 2 weeks, like holidays, being a student and the like.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I’d like to see, even before more “content”, some nod toward world events/non-combat gameplay.

Festivals, carnivals, holidays, housing (player and guild) etc. That would go a long way.

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Well your name fits….

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

I am 150h into the game and this is just the beginning. Most MMORPGs can’t keep me playing for a single hour.

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

I have armorsmithing and weaponsmithing leveled to 400. I too have full exotic gear. What I’m currently doing is continue exploring because as far as I know I will need it when crafting legendaries. That’s not the only reason though, I love Tyria and I love exploring.

So I’m pretty much working hard to craft a legendary. I think it will take about a month. When I acquire my first legendary, there will be dungeons I haven’t even looked at, so yeah, there’s a lot to do for me.

Posted by: Archetype.3582

Archetype.3582

Geeze – level 80, full exotic, and run a dungeon 30+ times? Yeah, you probably rushed too much. The game has been out just under three weeks. I’d love to know your /age.

Posted by: Glastium.5729

Glastium.5729

Behold, the hard mode is coming! (please refer to Guild Wars hard mode /facepalm)

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Geeze – level 80, full exotic, and run a dungeon 30+ times? Yeah, you probably rushed too much. The game has been out just under three weeks. I’d love to know your /age.

And what sort of job they work

Lots of time on those hands !

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

This is a bad example. This person has done what everyone else is expected to do, whether it be a month or three months. Eventually everyone will come to this point and then what? You’ll have much more people with the same problem.

There is without a doubt a brick wall you hit at 80, where once you complete some of the things you’re left with nothing beneficial to do. Sure there is other things to do but there is no benefit to do them..Naturally people don’t do things that do not benefit themselves.

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

This is a bad example. This person has done what everyone else is expected to do, whether it be a month or three months. Eventually everyone will come to this point and then what? You’ll have much more people with the same problem.

There is without a doubt a brick wall you hit at 80, where once you complete some of the things you’re left with nothing beneficial to do. Sure there is other things to do but there is no benefit to do them..Naturally people don’t do things that do not benefit themselves.

The game just launched. Give it a month, so they can even begin to sell the game to the customers! Then after a few months, if you do not see new content for the founding members, then you have something to really complain about.

If you have watched the interactions in the game, and took in what the world npcs have said, you can be certain that more content is certainly already planned- likely that a lot of it is already completed or near completion.

The company cannot just blow its load all at once, or players like you OP will just steam roll it and be asking for more anyways. Be patient, maybe make a new character, and explore the story of a different race.

Posted by: Shifted.3697

Shifted.3697

create an alt?

/15

Fear the Reaper

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

There is no universal brick wall..it is your own personal brick wall, and it’s your issue that you can’t get past it.

I’ll say it again…I think you need to find a different game if you’re so stuck on this “I need bigger stuff to be motivated” merry-go-round to keep you interested.

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I’ve played for over 200 hours and I don’t have a single exotic!
I find that GW2 is best played by doing whatever you feel like doing.

I won’t tell you how to play though.
Everybody is different.

Benight[Edge]

Posted by: someshta.3809

someshta.3809

I find that GW2 is best played by doing whatever you feel like doing.

^
This. So much this. Play for fun, forget the drive to maximize. There is a world out there to explore and enjoy. And lots of players to enjoy it with!

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Thanks for all the suggestions made folks. Since this conversation has run its course however, it will be closed.