gg lost 2k gold with this update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I bet that sucks having supply increase on you when you bought near peak. It’s not a loss until you sell it so it’s prolly best if you hold on to them for the mean time.

The one thing I don’t understand is why the high price point on this skin set. I think it uses the same skin as weapons from the dungeon in Caledon Forest (forgot the name, lol, I haven’t pve in a long time) except that is has a light green glow.

I think the most unique weapons are: aetherblade sword, axe, hammer
Scarlets rifle (the invisible one)

You are thinking of the Aether Chest weapons that just palette swap the Nightmare weapons and add that odd laser beam effect. Dreamthistle weapons are from the Tower of Nightmare event and use completely original meshes, textures, and effects.

To my knowledge, the only recycled material BLC weapon set they have put out is the Chaos set which uses adjusted meshes of pre-existing weapons though they do adjust them enough to not make them simple re-skins.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

The worst is that OP wasn’t even unlucky with all that, he just made a super bad investment from the start. Buying Dreamthisle a couple of month ago was a terrible idea. Those skin were at their highest prices already. He just had to see the difference between sell and buy order. People were ready to pay like 500-600 gold, but the sell order were at between 1k and 3k. Usually, buy order follow the sell order. When there is such a big difference between them, it’s because most people aren’t ready to pay that amount of gold the seller are asking. Which mean, that even if Anet did put the skin back into the game, OP probably would had a very hard time selling his skin.

Add the fact that we know that Anet was about to put most BLTC skin in the game until the 3rd anniversary and you just have a terrible investment.

Spot on.

The actual “value” of a skin is how close the buy and sell amounts are. Heck anyone with gold could list a skin at any amount but you get an estimate of its worth by how much people are willing to buy it for.

Perfect examples of these are ghastly grinning shield, chainsaw gs, aetherized hammer, super pistol…

Not entirely true. Even if something has a 3k gold difference between buy and sell listings, there WILL be players who will legitimately sell to a low buy offer instead of waiting for a sell listing to be fulfilled, just like players that WILL spend the 3k+ gold on a sell order instead of waiting for a buy order to be fulfilled.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

As in real life “Let the Buyer Beware” is a very good moto to live by. As others have said be glad it wasn’t with real $$$; the market can be a cruel mistress.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Not entirely true. Even if something has a 3k gold difference between buy and sell listings, there WILL be players who will legitimately sell to a low buy offer instead of waiting for a sell listing to be fulfilled, just like players that WILL spend the 3k+ gold on a sell order instead of waiting for a buy order to be fulfilled.

You are more than welcome to bet your gold on that small amount of players. I’ll make smarter investment on my side

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Don’t speculate more than you’re willing to lose.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

so i bought few dreamthistle skins some weeks ago, to win some money, placed 2k gold on it (almost 3k)

now they are worth nothing

:/

thanks anet!

Um, thanks to “troubleforever” you mean, right?

• The game has always removed and re-introduced items.
  • The game (and its developer) have never guaranteed stability in price for any given item.

Therefore, you decided to gamble on an almost sure thing and, it turned out, you were that unlucky fraction that made an unhappy choice.

The ‘gg’ goes to any of us that speculate expecting some sort of specific return.

That’s among the reason why it’s good to diversify: if you can afford only 15 skins, buy 5 of three different “families” and perhaps 2-3 different weapon types. Warhorns were boring yesterday and Tempest makes them more appealing to some today.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”