gift of exploration missing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zeanix.8624

Zeanix.8624

Q:

Hi

I began playing GW2 again after a long break and i decided to try getting a legendary again, but i have a huge problem.

My gift of exploration is missing and i have no idea how…

is it possible that i could have destroyed or sold it?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

A:

i got the map completion medal http://i.imgur.com/51ionlU.jpg

Nope, you are close, heres what one with 100% looks like ^^ Your character also states 99% of the world, somewhere you are missing something.

Attachments:

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Yes.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Have you checked all your characters? Sometimes people move things to alt/mule characters to make bank space.

other then that, accidental loss is pretty much the only thing that could have happened to it. You can try contacting A-nets support about it, but they usually require a date/time aproximation to even look into things like that. (the turn around is also pretty slow, you could probably grind out another world complete now that wvwvw is out of the mix.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Check if you don’t have Gift of Mastery. You might have converted your Gift of Exploration already.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Zeanix.8624

im really bummed about this

got reply from Anet

“After reviewing your account we were not able to verify acquisition or lost of the item that you are requesting. Without that verification the Guild Wars 2 Support Team is unable to replace missing or deleted items.”

im sure no one has it, checked for like 30 minutes. i dont have mastery either.

guess there is nothing else to do than getting it on an other char then.

Miku is WvW not a part of it any more?

Dante.1763

WVW is not part of map completion anymore.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Go visit the Chantry of Secrets one more time. That tends to be a commonly missed area.

Also, if you haven’t claimed a map completion chest, that may be what’s holding up the world completion chest. So revisit each map if the Chantry isn’kitten The Chantry has it’s own chest as well.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Miku is WvW not a part of it any more?

Yep! WvW got removed from map complete a few updates back:)

Zeanix.8624

well i just have to get back at it then.

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

So your character has the Map Complete star next to their name? This is a visual clue that it has done it and the strongest evidence. Your map info may also say 100% for Tyria or perhaps 99%. The 99% only means you are missing new poi etc added after you left game but does not change your star. If so that means at one stage you acquired the Gift of Exploration. But maybe Anet cannot now verify whether it has been used in recipe etc and that is the reason.

Also gift is account bound so cannot be sold. Would love to be able to sell my remaining 9 gifts, so possibly destroyed.

If you are completing it in another character, you only need to do pve maps not including the two new maps.

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness

Zeanix.8624

it cannot be sold? im almost positive that i did not destroy it.

Zeanix.8624

i got the map completion medal http://i.imgur.com/51ionlU.jpg

Zeanix.8624

but that is just the content they added after i got my gifts

Dante.1763

but that is just the content they added after i got my gifts

Your world completion medal doesnt match mine(top medal on your screen, above the banner), you havent finished map completion. Yours is brown(because not finished) mine is gold and blue(because finished). Even after the stuff they added mine did not change, it stayed the gold and blue medal i have now. Not sure what to tell you OP.

Zeanix.8624

okay lets se Dante – ill remember your name and im going to finish the rest of the new zones that i have not done. if i do not get 2 new gifts im going to sue you!

:P

Dante.1763

okay lets se Dante – ill remember your name and im going to finish the rest of the new zones that i have not done. if i do not get 2 new gifts im going to sue you!

:P

gasp Not a sue!!! :P Goodluck, hopefully you get it!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It wont be the new zones you are missing. It will probably be some private instance POI’s. New hearts and waypoints in old zones and chantry of secrets.

Zeanix.8624

soooo i got two gifts of exploration…. im just sure that i already got them once.

i feel like an idiot.. Dante you won’t be needing those lawyers anyway – thanks for the help

Zeanix.8624

i was missing some September 2014 Feature Pack things

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

You can search your bank or inventory for Gift of Exploration by putting “Gift” in the search tab.

The search helps me a lot.

Dante.1763

soooo i got two gifts of exploration…. im just sure that i already got them once.

i feel like an idiot.. Dante you won’t be needing those lawyers anyway – thanks for the help

xD Ill let them know! They where excited too! Glad to help, i know that frustration!