give ascended equipment ability to stat swap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gereden.6983

gereden.6983

with the new system making it so attributes are based off armor instead of traits, that means i need to create multiple sets of armor for different occasions. where do i store them?? i have 5-6 lv80’s and you want me to make multiple ascended sets for each just incase i need them for a certain fight?? that’s annoying as hell, the way to solve it imo would be to give ascended equipment stat swap so that it is more convenient for hardcore and casual player alike.

Posted by: Baconplease.1657

Baconplease.1657

Go make 3 legendary weapons like I have. You can swap the stats all around.

Also No to giving armor the ability to stat swap. It is a huge gold sink and nullifying this effect would allow thousands of gold to remain in the economy, inflating our already inflated value of gold.

The only way Id be even slightly okay with the idea of Stat swapping on ascended is if they made Legendary weapons stronger then ascended with the ability to swap sigils in a sort of “sigil bank”

Also the introduction of Legendary armor, which they promised us ( thank kittening god) they would not do.

gereden.6983

i have 5 legendary weapons, weapons arent the issue the issue is im not going to carry 5 sets of armor on each character for a potential fight, thats idiotic

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Am I missing something? Armor is already the most significant determining factor in your stats by a long shot. That isn’t changing. Why does this new system force you to carry multiple armor sets any more than the current system? Other than: “everybody has been saying that so it must be true”

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think the OP is laboring under the assumption that you need to switch armor for a fight because it might take 30 seconds longer if you don’t.

The min/maxers and speedrunners will be affected by these changes. Pretty sure they represent a very small percentage of the population. I think most people don’t carry around multiple sets of armor now, and they won’t in the future either.

Baconplease.1657

If you have created 5 legendary weapons then you must be an experienced player. Then you should know that this game isn’t based off of what a single player can do and isn’t balanced that way. Carry what you play best in and group with people that cover your weak areas IE; I run a fractal as a guardian most of the time, I run full Berserker everything. Do I prefer everyone to run full zerker? yes. Do I expect it? No. So I make do with what the situation has given me. I Reallocate to a different more support based build if I noticed my team mates can’t stay up long enough in fights. No one is forcing you to carry 5 different armor sets. Only you are.

Baconplease.1657

Just to add. I carry a Full set of celestiel armor and Trinkets in my inventory at all times, It is a great Jack-of-all trades type armor but doesn’t excel at any. This is in addition to my full zerker gear.

gereden.6983

but we dont know what the content will be in HoT there could be content where you need 5 tanky players, 5 condi people 5 zerkers and if thats the case you will need to carry multiple sets to make sure you can provide what is needed in every occasion

Baconplease.1657

but we dont know what the content will be in HoT there could be content where you need 5 tanky players, 5 condi people 5 zerkers and if thats the case you will need to carry multiple sets to make sure you can provide what is needed in every occasion

Anet is pushing away from an all zerker meta (or atleast trying to) I doubt they are trying to bring a 5 tank meta or 5 condition meta. I think they are trying to Bring balance to the force and have each class/spec have its place.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

There will never be content where you need anything. It doesn’t exist now, and it won’t exist in HoT. That’s like saying you need zerker in order to clear dungeons/FoTM. You don’t. You can do it in any gear you want. That is a fundamental characteristic of GW2.

Like Vayne said, it’s the min/maxers that are concerned about multiple sets. I will continue to run my PVT Guardian just as I have and still clear through every piece of PvE content available. There is literally nothing I haven’t been able to clear with my PVT Guard or my Celestial ranger or heck even my Cleric Guardian. Every dungeon, FoTM50, it makes no difference, good players are good players. The only difference is time to complete, which means nothing to me, I’m no speedrunner.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

o/ Just give us like an void box to pute all our gear in and with it an interface where we can ‘build’ sets of armor. Like Erza from Fairy Tail(Best anime EVA!)

Like say you want equip all your condi armor and weapons, then you can make an pre-made set of your 3-4 weapons and your 7 armor pieces and when you want to use it just select your condi set, almost like organizing everything into folders

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

with the new system making it so attributes are based off armor instead of traits, that means i need to create multiple sets of armor for different occasions. where do i store them?? i have 5-6 lv80’s and you want me to make multiple ascended sets for each just incase i need them for a certain fight?? that’s annoying as hell, the way to solve it imo would be to give ascended equipment stat swap so that it is more convenient for hardcore and casual player alike.

You should already have the extra set of armor by now if you really care so much about needed certain stats provided by trait points.

If you want to deal Condition damage, you want Sinister, Rabid or the like and have the armor for it now and have maximum condition damage.

If you want to be tanky(more toughness & vitaliy) you don’t even need to switch around armor to get the extra 300 toughness and 300 vitality you get from having 6 in trait lines providing them.

Armor actually gives the least amount of stats that you don’t have the option to change.

Weapon: 456
Trait Points: 1400
Trinkets: 1322
Armor: 799

Nothing has changed much, if anything, you are enabled to customize your stats further. You aren’t also forced to take unnecessary stats like Power when taking Dhuumfire to be used in condition build for a necro for example.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I doubt you a good player if you play cleric guard lol

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I doubt you a good player if you play cleric guard lol

I’m willing to bet I’m far better than you could ever hope to be lol

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….