gold sellers flooding my mail... >.>

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

So pretty much every day for last week I have logged into to seeing 4-5 even up to 10 mail’s from gold sellers trying to get my to buy gold. First of all I’d like to ask how they manage to send me mail when tbh I hardly talk in world chat and for two I am not even online when they send me them to me. This is getting highly frustrating as I HATE gold sellers, as it seems every mmo I’ve played recently is plagued with them and I don’t even understand why people would even buy gold from them in gw2 and potentially get hacked/banned for doing so rather then just buying gems from a-net and be assured you have a safe transaction… All in all i’d really like to see some way to prevent spam mails for the time being whilst they set up a way to get rid of all the botters /gold sellers (hopefully soon.)

~~ps : wasn’t sure whether to put this in suggestions or here… so I put it here.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

Posted by: Swagman.9013

Swagman.9013

I would like to know what makes them so interested in certain players. I talk quite often in map chat yet I receive maybe 1 a day.

Posted by: nachdenki.2637

nachdenki.2637

it’s totally annoying, but also really hard for arenanet to do something about is. they would have to create a spam folder and a spam filter, which then in turn would probably cause you to miss some legitimate ingame mail.

the real problem is that people are still buying from them which, as you said, is really not understandable. but I guess some people will do anything to have a show-off armor, for them it’s not about fun or anything. that’s the only way I can explain that, because I never had money issues while “normally” (whatever that is for you) playing the game.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

On the internet or in real life, some people simply always think they are smarter than the scammers… they walk away after “winning” the shell game and holding a couple twenties in their hand, then realize their wallet is missing…

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I just report then delete, takes all of 5 seconds. The hardest part is picking to report for scamming or spamming

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

No need to make such a big drama about every conceivable thing. Just report it then delete it and move on, that’s what the rest of us do.

Posted by: JFetch.8932

JFetch.8932

I got one this morning with 1 copper attached. I thought that was hilarious.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

They recently added “Selling Gold” to the options both in chat and mail reports, to reduce confusion about which option applies.

Posted by: Zenith.1234

Zenith.1234

I occasionally get the 1 copper gold seller spam. ANet says to take the copper report and delete.

Posted by: Athens.6125

Athens.6125

IMO, until the price of gems to gold becomes more inline with the current RLT market and due to the price of T1, T2 and T3 cultural armor, people are always going to take the risk to buy gold from these people. It’s just the nature of the beast.

I would be lying if the thought didn’t even cross my mind from time to time. But like many of you, I really enjoy my account and would never risk a ban.

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

No need to make such a big drama about every conceivable thing. Just report it then delete it and move on, that’s what the rest of us do.

I wouldn’t be making such a big deal of it if it wasn’t constant, I mean logging in to see that my mail box is flooded with gold seller spam almost every day is ridiculous.

It’s also disheartening to see that there are so many bots/gold sellers already, just one month into the game. tbh the in game economy is already bad enough atm without the botters messing it up even further.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

I wouldn’t be making such a big deal of it if it wasn’t constant, I mean logging in to see that my mail box is flooded with gold seller spam almost every day is ridiculous.

It’s also disheartening to see that there are so many bots/gold sellers already, just one month into the game. tbh the in game economy is already bad enough atm without the botters messing it up even further.

The same thing happens with any MMO. More so when the game has RMT involved.

Most of the bots are ran by gold farmers using compromised accounts. If people stopped buying ingame currency through their sites, then you wouldnt see many bots at all, or any gold spam either.

Trying to stop botting is like watching the Tom and Jerry Cartoon. The botters will always adapt to stay one step ahead of the devs. You can never stop botting completely.

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Same here I got one with copper attached just to prevent you from deleting the mail.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq