griffonrook run

griffonrook run

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: insomnia.8563

insomnia.8563

Whoever designed this piece of …. i highly doubt plays the game. Add a kitten load of mobs, in an area with kittenty walkmesh, and you aren’t allowed to get attack. that is impossible

griffonrook run

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

strange that millions of players done it before you in 3 years and succeed on this jp/achievment O.o

and whoever designed this piece of …. challlenging jp . a personally ty from me

griffonrook run

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

That just happens to be my favourite JP, :P

griffonrook run

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The Griffonrook Run is a delightfully sadistic jumping puzzle. The Queen once dragged one of her allies into it, and we spent hours trying to complete it.

My only gripe is that the griffon hit detection can sometimes be a bit dodgy, and the one time that I did complete it, the bomb didn’t open the chest. But that was a long time ago.

Griffonrook Run is awesome, and its downright cruel at the same time.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

griffonrook run

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I remember doing that on my guardian with courage passive, retreat, courage active, renewed focus, passive again, retreat back off cooldown and then courage active. I don’t think I ever even tried to dodge.

Of course, unless they changed it you don’t need to open the chest to get the achievement, just reach it with or without a bomb.

griffonrook run

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

Of course, unless they changed it you don’t need to open the chest to get the achievement, just reach it with or without a bomb.

It’s not changed. I did it yesterday with my Elementalist. The bomb is required if you want to open the final chest and get the crappy loot inside (or you could just wait for someone else to open it for you!), but to get the AP for the JP you only need to reach the chest. It doesn’t matter if you open it or not. It’s actually a pretty easy JP if you discard the chest and only aim for the AP, because that way you can take your time and kill all the stupid griffons in your way.

griffonrook run

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What Serval and Alric said: you can get that achievement without doing the bomb run. Doing that JP with the bomb run is frustrating as all get out; it’s one of the few things in GW2 that actually just made me rage-log-off. But without the bomb, you can kill things if you want or just throw on swiftness and run by them all.

griffonrook run

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Its way too easy without the bomb requirement. Play it in hard mode!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

griffonrook run

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

The Griffonrook Run is a delightfully sadistic jumping puzzle.

The Griffonrook Run is a delightful jumping puzzle.
I don’t believe that it was designed to be sadistic.
But, to shatter a nice dream, it was someone’s idea to implement pvp rules in open world.
So ,if you’re only seen by an ordinary creature, you will automatically lose momentum and miss the next jump.
Combat mode and jumping puzzles don’t mix.

griffonrook run

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I always figured it was an attempt to make a group JP in the open world. It’s much easier if you have people clearing the griffons, or just a couple of mesmers making portals in the right places for you.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

griffonrook run

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

I always figured it was an attempt to make a group JP in the open world. It’s much easier if you have people clearing the griffons, or just a couple of mesmers making portals in the right places for you.

this ^^

as a solo player its easy to do for the acheivement only, but to open the chest its much better to do as a group (only one person needs to get there with the bomb for you to be able to loot it)

griffonrook run

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

It’s not at all impossible. It’s just… hard to open the chest.

I know you may not be accustomed to things in GW2 that offer any challenge, but they do exist here and there.

As the other posters have stated, you don’t actually need to open it if you’re just after an achievement, you can use friends to help you cheat, and the loot isn’t any better than other jps.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

griffonrook run

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Surely you don’t believe everything should be so easy that it can be completed first try. I didn’t find this one nearly as kittenome of the other JPs. Even with that bomb requirement.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….