gw2 vs rl

gw2 vs rl

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

this game called. real life.
it has AMAZING graphics, you can feel the warmth or coldness of it.
this game heavily based on RnG.
upon character creation, you can start with lots of gold, or you can start with hardship..
the grinding are out of this world!
everyone are squishy, and you cannot res at all.. the bleeding animation are awesome though, it just hurts very much..
so. how do you compere this game called “real life” to gw2.
as a gamer, which do you enjoy more, playing?

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

I prefer GW2 – the RL dailies take far too long to finish, and are required if you want to gain any money at all. The dynamic events in RL are unclear and largely unrewarding.
I can’t find any karma vendors in RL.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: The heretic.1052

The heretic.1052

I prefer GW2 – the RL dailies take far too long to finish, and are required if you want to gain any money at all. The dynamic events in RL are unclear and largely unrewarding.
I can’t find any karma vendors in RL.

you gotta know the right people in order to get karma items

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I love both GW2 and RL. It is sometimes hard to balance them. But RL is far more rewarding so I prefer RL. Did you know RL is M-rated for nudity, substance abuse, violence and cursing? Weird how so many kids get a hold of it. There are actually about 50% girls in RL, usually people with a female avatar are actually female.

The biggest difference is, in RL you have to work for rewards. In GW2 playing a game is enough.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

(edited by marnick.4305)

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

i prefer Gw2 because in RL there is too much Bugs ….

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Leviathan.9850

Leviathan.9850

Aaahh I can feel my fingers!!! Too. much.

Hannelora – Engineer; Fan Lei Fa – Ranger
[Xian] Terracotta Army – Desolation server

gw2 vs rl

Grounder.7381

usually people with a female avatar are actually female.

nah. like other games, female avatar could be played by male. and male avatar could actually be female inside.

gw2 vs rl

marnick.4305

nah. like other games, female avatar could be played by male. and male avatar could actually be female inside.

But not to the extent of which I see it happen in GW2 MMORPG: many men online role playing girls.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: SouthernCross.5286

SouthernCross.5286

I like to play RL for the sports minigames, but the combat is awful ever since the gunpowder patch, gun classes are OP (even as a fully armored knight you can still get one shotted by people simply using auto-attack on a gun class!)

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I prefer GW2. I can’t mute annoying people in real life.

gw2 vs rl

Grounder.7381

But not to the extent of which I see it happen in GW2 MMORPG: many men online role playing girls.

men loves playing with girls! its one of the rule of the rl universe! xD

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: alfista.6094

alfista.6094

- RL is subscription based.
- GMs are kittens.
- Too many cheaters.
- No karma vendors.
- Imba classes.
- Loot tables are not working.
- RNG is decided on character creation.
- Noone helps when you’re being attacked by bears.

+ Graphics are kinda ok.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

IRL has a much, much bigger gem store, player housing, tech stuff like Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle to back up its dynamic events, more pixels and shaders, an essentially infinite number of audio channels, cold beers and warm girls (and boys). It has a sub though, I’m missing some basic options and a character select screen. Also, the cashgrind feels much longer, possibilities for respeccing are extremely deep but very time consuming and there’s no attaching yummy cake to emails – yet.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I prefer GW2. I can’t mute annoying people in real life.

This. Although if I could be an Asura in rl, I’d definitely be working on my long-wished-for mute button that works on people.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Real life, the mini game are amazing at least.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Hexyn.8462

Hexyn.8462

it sucks.. pay to win

————-
Piken Square

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

RL,… I tried to start a naked dance party at the town hall once… nobody joined

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

In real life most of the characters I meet have less depth than alot of the Npc’s.
I don’t feel like a slave when I’m playing Guild Wars.
People wanting me to take them more seriously than a highly developed snail because they learned how to talk (easier to ignore in game).
I’m apparently insane, but am also convinced that it’s everybody else, and am waiting for them to realise that.
My ego can’t handle sunlight.
In-game if i get drunk and get jumped I don’t recive a concusion or brain damage.
While I’m playing Guild Wars people can only directly try to kill me when I’m in pvp.
My interactions online don’t come with the risk of STDs.
And as SC said, balance, fairness and rule sets also play a part…

But GW doesn’t have real boobies or bikes. So it’s a tough one…

Edit: I’d also like to add to the list in the games favor, that I can to a great extent, ignore scientific belief and religious belief, in favor of the game’s ideas of fantasy.

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

(edited by Darque Intent.1674)

gw2 vs rl

marnick.4305

RL automatically patches through evolution. However sometimes very annoying bugs never get fixed because they aren’t critical. That stupid nerve on your elbow … any dev with half a brain would have fixed that ages ago.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

GW 2 its easier to get rid of morons here than in RL. Block and map chat off. Rl will probably get you in jail and an assault charge! ; )

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Don’t try that RL game. It’s bad. If you die, not only is it permadeath, but all your guildies get your stuff and you can’t get any of it back. Plus I heard the endgame is one thing you have to reach thru permadeath. What’s worse, if you violate the TOS at any point while playing and don’t send a letter of apology to the Devs, they will make your endgame hell.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

RL is too heavy on gear progression and grinding. You only have one character slot too, that’s a real bummer. The developers aren’t as active as in GW2 as well. The last post I remember was actually the manual and it’s an incredibly long and boring read. Wintersday is cool though.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Why should it be one or the other? You could argue that GW2 is just another aspect of real life. Given that the alternative to life is something much less intriguing.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: MrDavidUK.6302

MrDavidUK.6302

I wish that RL would copy GW2 Waypoint system. I would really like a waypoint outside my instanced home to the place I go everyday to do my daily grind. Maybe one at the local vendor store too. It would cut down on so much travelling since, like GW2 I have no mounts in RL

gw2 vs rl

Astral Projections.7320

And OMG they are weird in that RL game. I went cruising out as usual, killing people, dogs, cats, destroying cars and houses, and I was getting all sorts of nasty whispers from people telling me to stop playing the game. What’s up with that?

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Aparently killing pirates and trolls is against rules in RL2 =/ And why the kitten aren’t bears droping any loot, bloody DR!

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Aparently killing pirates and trolls is against rules in RL2 =/ And why the kitten aren’t bears droping any loot, bloody DR!

They drop plenty of crafting mats, you just gotta work for them…

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

I cant seem to get the boob slider to work in RL!

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

They drop plenty of crafting mats, you just gotta work for them…

Not interested in crafting! I want shineys! Crocodiles and sharks have chance of dropping jewlery, why cant bears too?

gw2 vs rl

Astral Projections.7320

Ok, I have to say I’m not liking this game. It’s a PvP game but that’s not my problem with it. So, I went out and did some ganking. I didn’t corpse camp or anything like that, just ganked. And this other guild that specializes in heavy PvP went after me. Their guild name is The Police [GUNS]. So they stunned me and put my character in this little instanced room AND I CAN’T GET OUT!!! I press the F button by the door repeatedly and it won’t open. This is a major bug. There are scores of these little instanced rooms filled with characters and we are all stuck here because of this bug. What’s worse, the only way to exit the game is to delete your character. :/

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

RL automatically patches through evolution. However sometimes very annoying bugs never get fixed because they aren’t critical. That stupid nerve on your elbow … any dev with half a brain would have fixed that ages ago.

Any fix to those won’t get applied to you anyway. So … no bugfixes EVER! Millions of years between patches.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Well yeah but you got a very active player community who is working on add-ons to fix the worst bugs. Sometimes they make is worse I have to admit.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

No real comparison..

One of them has too much lag, mind numbing daily tasks, inferior level design, tons of bugs, too many griefers and spam bots, no real plot and nothing all that interesting to do.

The other one is GW2.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

The problem with RL is that I didn’t get to choose what I started as.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Songarg.3657

Songarg.3657

RL, wow, now that IS a popular game. Even beating WoW by 5,990,500,000 players. Yet, I have a few gripes with it….

RL is stingy about exploration. Because dumb guilds puts things like “Private Property” settings on too many areas! Not to mention the gold it costs to get a mount. And flying, oh boy, a flying mount is insane when it comes to costs! And don’t get me started on NPC flying, that stuff was nerfed into the ground. Used to be a fun experiance to use the NPC flying service, HP/MP restore, Rested XP, all worth the gold costs. Now it’s just a borning 3 hour trip with a level 2 player kicking at the seat….

RL combat is confusing. I don’t even see my HP and Mana/Energy bar. Speaking of Combat, I know only a select few classes have been OP for the longest time, but why can’t I roll a Mage?!? I tried to, oh I did. But then got tossed into this instanced room with a NPC asking me “How does that make you feel?” I think it’s a concpiracy, all the top ranked Guilds don’t want people to use Magic classes and dethrone there rankings.

Though, there are a few good things about the game. Recent patches like the Penecillian one eased up on how Permadeath works. You can also play mini games of other MMO’s in your Home Instance.

((….GAMECEPTION!))

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Why is there a red tag on this topic?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

RL versus GW2

In GW2 my character can eat cake all he wants.
In RL my character could eat cake all he wants, but then gets cavities and diabetes.

Sorry, but GW2 wins and RL is only here to support my gem store purchases.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

Well I got a lucky break and started a quest line to acquire a tank, thing is though is this is going to take months to finish but once I’m done I get a tank mount and get to join a large guild called [ARMY], they are a pretty large PvP guild. They said I couldn’t play gw2 for awhile though, bummer.

gw2 vs rl

Astral Projections.7320

Another flaw with this game is that as your character levels up you get stronger for a while but then after level 40 or so you start getting weaker and weaker until around level 70 or 80 you are as weak as a low level character. This is an absurd game mechanic. Who thought of this as a fun way to play?

The game lowers the concurrence (the number of people logged on at one time) by randomly permadeathing characters. If you do manage to avoid random permadeath then at max level (around level 80 or so) your character is automatically permadeathed and you are sent to the endgame, whether you wanted to go or not.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I hit max level 80 in real life and now my endame is urinating into a bag attached to my thigh

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Real life is no game.

As a member of an association of people suffering from Living Syndrome, I assure you it’s no game, and no joke. It’s a deadly illness.
100% of people who live, all of them die.
Also most other living things.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Boatdrinks.2546

Boatdrinks.2546

There is no RL.
Only AFK.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

RL has the internet
gw2 has quaggans…. tough call.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Everyone sing-
Always look on the bright side of life, (whistle now)

Real life is no a game.

As a member of an association of people suffering from Living Syndrome, I assure you it’s no game, and no joke. It’s a deadly illness.
100% of people who live, all of them die.
Also most other living things.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Don’t underestimate RL. What you see maybe only a small part of it.
If you do believe in reincarnation, then it is a RPG with a trillion times of scale comparing with GW2, both in time and dimension base.
You might play a squishy class in this life, but who knows? You may play an OP class next life. The only restriction is you have to finish one before starting another one. You might not see your earned karma, but you probably need a lot of them to choose a class you want in next life. If you end up with no karma, you would probably have a few choices to be born in a land of war or poverty where you don’t even have a chance to see a computer to get to know GW2.
Well I do like the way to be able to get back home in a glimpse in GW2 without wasting hours in a packed train. And best of all, you can reset or quit anytime with least concern for responsibility.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

If we had moderators in real life like we do in GW2, the world would be full of mutes.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Gw2 or Real Life? Meh if I wasn’t playing GW2 I would be playing something else anyways. Rl just always loses out for me besides it’s over-rated anyways. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

If we had moderators in real life like we do in GW2, the world would be full of mutes.

omg that would be so awesome…

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

RL has the mating addon, GW2 does not…

Real life wins..

gw2 vs rl

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Gw2 is staring at RL out the tiny cobwebbed window of an attic bedroom smelling of dust after playing an old game of snakes and ladders by yourself with wooden dice that you found in an old travel chest amongts some musty clothes of your deceased grandparents.

In real life to craft something takes many skills and hours of dedication. In Gw2 crafting takes the push of a button. In Gw2 I get 60 tokens per run. In RL my wife is sleeping alone in bed. In RL there is a loving kiss.

But I likely missed the point of this post.